onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yates injured?

Advert

Whilst he was far from being the most talented player in the squad, he was probably one of (if not THE) most loyal players we have. I saw Brownys interview the other day where he said Adam was was looked up to by most of the new players and they asked him for lots of advice, hopefully even though he's unable to play, he can continue in this role as some kind of Ambassador for the players.

Interestingly, I suggested when he re-signed that he could have a significant role to play in the dressing room this season and was told I was talking out of my backside!

Interestingly, I suggested when he re-signed that he could have a significant role to play in the dressing room this season and was told I was talking out of my backside!

Slightly off topic but in a little way associated with your comment Jacko I wondered if a place behind the scenes could have been made for Birchall with his new Media certification. As Vale are continuing the arguments with The Senile could perhaps the Club set Birchall up as our Press Officer? He knows Vale inside out and surely could make a link with Management and the fan base? Just a thought, sorry to meander off Yates's topic!

Slightly off topic but in a little way associated with your comment Jacko I wondered if a place behind the scenes could have been made for Birchall with his new Media certification. As Vale are continuing the arguments with The Senile could perhaps the Club set Birchall up as our Press Officer? He knows Vale inside out and surely could make a link with Management and the fan base? Just a thought, sorry to meander off Yates's topic!

Good idea, but I believe we have recently appointed a new Press Officer.

Whilst I'm his biggest fan neither do I think he's got no future at the club, maybe not on the field but as I said before as an Ambassador for the player's.

Good luck to the lad, great servant to the club, versatile, 100% committed and the recipient of many unwarranted comments.

I concur. I'm gutted about this news, I think he's a big loss to the squad, especially with all the radical changes. We certainly need proper cover at right back if he's out for 8 months, what if Purkiss gets a long term problem?

I concur. I'm gutted about this news, I think he's a big loss to the squad, especially with all the radical changes. We certainly need proper cover at right back if he's out for 8 months, what if Purkiss gets a long term problem?

If we have no other player as cover then we either go with one of the centre backs there like Brunos done in a couple of the friendlies or its the young pro Gibbons. Yates strength is that he could cover either full back position.

Not by everyone. I have thought the same since the mass ins and outs started happened I felt that the core of experienced FL players (such as Yates, Brown, Grant, Foley, Purkiss) would play a big part in the dressing room. With a load of newcomers, different nationalities, different languages, the club needed that core of experience to bind the squad together.

Archived