Yates injured?

Radio Stoke sports headlines at 1pm today said that Vale were waiting for news on a knee injury that Yates sustained in the friendly against Forest, and that he might have done his cruciate.

Surprised that there seems to have been no mention of it on here - maybe Radio Joke got it completely wrong?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was mentioned on Radio Stoke yesterday but I didn't put anything on here because simply typing his name usually produces torrents of abuse.

I hope the injury isn't as bad as feared for the lad.

Cruciate injuries are very painful, did mine about 20 years ago and it still gives me gip at times, although I didn't have acces to the physio that players have today.

Hope it isnt a lengthy lay off, he did well v Forest and always gives his all- some question probable limited ability but we all agree putting on a vale shirt= 100% commitment which he does deliver on - something that was missing with some players last season in some games .

Yeah, even if he comes back from injury to play again, if we have a decent season without him, he could be out of any plans permanently. L2 or non league will be the next destination I think.

Just heard on Radio Stoke he could be out for up to eight months, really hope it won't be that long. Wish him a speedy recovery.

That's very sad for the lad. Hope it's not as bad as feared.

Think that might be his career with us over with us. Kind of glad we offered him a contract and he will be looked after for another year at least. I don't think his wages will bankrupt us, and he has been a great servant.

Archived