onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match thread: Port Vale v Wolves

robf

Advert

You can see the cohesion developing. 3 or 4 very nice passages of play that could have led to a goal.

Impressed with -

MacIntosch

Smith

Thomas

Grant and Foley need to stay.

I hope we sign Tyson, looked sharp, and ideally Andoh comes back.

Mbamba....when he got his head down and ran he looked good. There is some apprehension and hesitation to his game, when he gets up to a wingback he panics, tries to cut inside and look for the short pass. He needs to be told to keep his head down and leg it to the byline to get a cross in, à la Andoh.

Not convinced with Knops at LB.

Nathan Smith - for a 14 year old girl he can really clear the ball away. Definitely going to be challenging Streete/Knops/Macintosch this season.

Kelly a little bit like Mbamba....I'd like to see him as more of a pace merchant and getting the ball swung in rather than his current style of cutting inside...I don't think he's strong enough to do that reliably without constantly turning over possession yet.

Some nice crossfield balls from Taveres and Amoros, lots of switching the play to look forward to this season

I like the new look Vale, we just need to develop that cutting edge in front of goal and cohesion. Can only get better with more game time. I know it's only pre-season and they're basically training matches but I want to see us putting in some more aggression and pressing the first and second ball more from now on.

Good summary.

I don't think we'll be in any trouble next season despite what the bookies say, but also don't think we'll have enough going forward to mount a promotion challenge. One step at a time though.

Mbamba and Kelly both have it in them to be really decent wingers. They just both seem to lack confidence at the moment at times. I'd love to see Andoh stay as him and Mbamba on Vale's wide pitch with the passing ability of Tavares and to a lesser extent Foley could really do some damage.

I could count the amount of aimless punts upfield on one hand in ninety minutes today. Last season I would have needed a calculator for ten minutes of any game. Much better and will only improve as the lads all adapt. I'm very optimistic.

Positive performance with signs of improvements again,cohesion was better,defence good just lacking that finish at the moment, as for the players was very impressed with Smith at centre back, Knops I thought did well at left back, Mac-intosh did well when he came on, in midfield Grant & Foley were usual selves, Tavares did well, Thomas looks to be a good signing, Cicilia did well without looking like scoring,suspect he is more of a creator than scorer, of the subs Hooper gave us more of a direct threat without taking his chances. Only negative for me is Kelly who needs to offer more and get stuck in more.

Bruno was saying he thinks the side he puts out against Man Utd will probably be the team for Bradford,or at least most of them.90 mins for players against United and the same at Sheffield Weds.

He can't play the same team for 2 games in 2 days can he?

a friend of mine who watches wolves alot reckoned they pretty much played a full strength side apart from batth and we matched them in all areas for most of the game im quietly optimistic were heading in the right direction now under bruno. just a little shot shy but that can be sorted out plenty of time before the new season. UTV

Archived