onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bring him home!

j_grainger10

Looks like he's coming home after all. Should be re-signing before Wednesdays game.

If true I see it as a positive for Vale and TP, perhaps Bruno has identified the need for an aerial threat upfront and a similar presence at the back at set pieces.

Advert

I can't believe my eyes when reading that first line ! He was a professional footballer who had just been given a 3 yr contract at Bury FC on as good or better money - why in gods name would a PROFESSIONAL footballer loose his motivation. Is that why Bury cant be arzzed to keep him because he isn't motivated ? I think your love of the man is having a negative impact on how others see your point of view

its like winning the lottery and then saying you are no longer motivated in life, utter nonsense

I think Norman should bring him back. He'd be brilliant to have around the club again.

I'd love to see him coming on as sub with 10 mins to go and heading in the winner.

Even better, his dad might start doing away coaches again !!

Popes dad was there yesterday.

No reason why Pope shouldn't have a couple of good years left if he works hard and cuts down on his bad habits...good in the air and knows where the back of the net and A real fan, Tyson looked good on Saturday but he was playing for a possible contract.

No chance of Tyson joining us now, I thought he looked decent yesterday, showed a good touch, you could see why he had played at a level above us. If Tom does come in that will be him, Forrester, JJ, Carlos Salerio and Cicillia all at the club.

I totally forgot about carlos saleiro, what are people's views on him so far, has he played much ?

Pope was great for us in league 2, but never looked outstanding in league 1 and last season at Bury hardly saw him pull up trees.

Nathan Tyson was hardly any better for Doncaster in a team that got relegated.

I would imagine both would want to be amongst our highest earners and although we need another striker, neither of them deserve to get the wages of a top bill striker.

Pope proved that given the right type of service he will get 15+ goals a season

At Bury and towards the end with us he struggled to adapt to a different style which meant he struggled for goals

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pope proved that given the right type of service he will get 15+ goals a season

At Bury and towards the end with us he struggled to adapt to a different style which meant he struggled for goals

I think he's only done that once in his career hasn't he in the league below? If so I don't see that as proven.

I think he's only done that once in his career hasn't he in the league below? If so I don't see that as proven.

I agree..I was saying we are probably the only team to really play to his strengths

So if he came back now I think he will struggle to find any form

My biggest fear about bringing pope back is that he will tarnish his reputation of being a hero of yesterday.

Being the "hero of yesterday" will never be tarnished, the numbers and history can't be erased or altered.

It's all about if Bruno thinks he's good enough, will add to the squad and wants him and if the Chairman can sort the right deal to suit PVFC and TP.

Being the "hero of yesterday" will never be tarnished, the numbers and history can't be erased or altered.

It's all about if Bruno thinks he's good enough, will add to the squad and wants him and if the Chairman can sort the right deal to suit PVFC and TP.

Glover didnt do himself any favours... its not the numbers its the memory

Glover didnt do himself any favours... its not the numbers its the memory

The two aren't comparable, Glover's exploits were hard to measure although he's still remembered as an outstanding defender for the Vale. A goal is a goal, it's tangible, it's recorded, you can't take it away. Memories change and fade, hard facts like goals scored don't.

In a brotherly sort of way I love Tom and his contribution to all things Port Vale are - in my opinion - memorable not legendry.

Do I believe he should return to PVFC? Answer = no.

More importantly it's what Smurf wants, and if the price was right I think Tom would be back again.

Time to move on :smile:

Archived