onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bring him home!

j_grainger10

I'd have him back, lets look at the facts last season... we scored barely any goals aerially last season and had a dreadful record scoring from corners/free kicks into the box... against sides like Bradford who are very physical and anti football Pope would have been ideal to utilise.

In the same way that he couldn't dominate McGivern and Duffy last year? This boat has well and truly sailed. Everyone needs to move on

Advert

I agree that if we could reach a deal I'd be happy to see him back. I always feel that an experienced forward, even if used from the bench, is a good addition to the squad.

Well i honestly think there's better free experienced forwards out there.............

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/vertragslosespieler/wettbewerb/GB2

there's much better experienced options than pope.

No, I disagree, there aren't for the wages we can afford and the type of player we are talking about - someone experienced who is a good header of the ball, can hold it up and is only just the wrong side of 30.

The squad is perhaps already too big but Pope would be an asset to the team, no two ways about that.

NS mentioned another player had just come on the radar 36 hours ago but he didn't think we needed him now and wondered if he'd get any game time if we did go for him. I wonder...

No, I disagree, there aren't for the wages we can afford and the type of player we are talking about - someone experienced who is a good header of the ball, can hold it up and is only just the wrong side of 30.

The squad is perhaps already too big but Pope would be an asset to the team, no two ways about that.

NS mentioned another player had just come on the radar 36 hours ago but he didn't think we needed him now and wondered if he'd get any game time if we did go for him. I wonder...

I doubt it will be him unless he takes a 80% pay cut! He's on stupid money.

what about that hal robson-kanu fella is he any good ?

:shifty:

I think he'd do a job for a team called crewe :drool:

On a serious note, there's a thread on stoke's forum saying they'd like sign him, nd im sure i read somewhere hull were sniffing around him, dont think he'd probably come vale, but if we were to sign him wow what a snap.

I doubt it will be him unless he takes a 80% pay cut! He's on stupid money.

For someone who likes people to think he knows everything, I am surprised you have come out with this garbage. He is still under contract and I am sure Bury would not have the funds to pay him off. In this case Bury will want to minimise their outgoings to Pope by finding a club who will pay the biggest chunk to his salary and Bury will have to pay the balance to the agreed amount Pope has in his contract.

For someone who likes people to think he knows everything, I am surprised you have come out with this garbage. He is still under contract and I am sure Bury would not have the funds to pay him off. In this case Bury will want to minimise their outgoings to Pope by finding a club who will pay the biggest chunk to his salary and Bury will have to pay the balance to the agreed amount Pope has in his contract.

Thanks Ray, That gives Smurf a far different pay agreement possibility than this time last season :yes:

He used to be a referee you know, but yes, he certainly does know his garbage.

Almost as funny as when he tried to argue that a manager/coach was the same as someone who 'officiates' and his 45 Vale videos that he says got sent to all parts of the world on his travel agent freebies, hilarious. :laugh:

How come only a few people are saying what appears to be obvious. that whether Tom Pope comes back depends, on -

1. Whether he wants to with a passion

2. What wages he will come back for - and who else might we get for the same financial package

3. How Bruno and his management team feels about him

4. Effect on morale - would it be good or bad / possible that Tom could help ?

5. Players fitness and lifestyle

I would love to have him back, provided the price was reasonable and he was willing to support and work with the new management team and keep fully fit. Good player that could make an impact as a sub when not selected to start - let's get him if all the boxes are ticked.

Exactly, so how on earth is that garbage when you post supports mine! We offered him a 50% pay cut, he doubled his money when he went to Bury so unless they are going to cover 75% of his wages how will that work?

After the things Smurf said during his tussle with Pope over the contract and how negotiations were conducted in the media would Pope want to come back?

I loved Pope playing for us but we have moved on now imo....whatever happens he will always be one of our own

Archived