onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Christopher Mbamba signs

valeparklife

From my perspective....

I dont know about players/managers etc, I dont have an interest in knowing them, I dont follow them, track them or have any real interest in potential or their possibilities.

I dont knock people who do, if thats what interests them more power to their elbow.

For those that do STs post is very informative, its part of the fabric that builds the picture.

The new guys [players/manager, good luck to them] are a gamble, it may pay off big time or sink like a lead balloon but the outcome could be the same if all "british/uk players were signed. We hardly dazzled the last couple of seasons using the tried and trusted method of going with what you know.

My only focus re players/manager is what they do on the pitch in a vale shirt

Advert

considering he was 19 at the time there and must of improved in 5 years, he has talent in that video, its laughable the negative haters on here can moan about experience on here, its like some people actually think last seasons squad of deadweight was made of world beating pros, alot of them have sunk back down to division 2 to continue stale careers. how do you expect quality players to be found? honestly what the hell... you would think how some of these people talk about division 1 and english football we was trying to aim for the champions league or something crazy.

Get your head out of the sand.

Let us all be completely honest with ourselves. If Crewe had done exactly what we're doing we'd all be wetting ourselves.

I was going to mention how ridiculous it would be to sign a forklift truck driver who plays for Moor Green, or unknowns from Rhyl or Leek Town but someone's already alluded to it. Having said that; his post was not commented on either. This forum is such a stupid negative experience.

Queue" you don't have to come on here" from the few who seem to live on this forum.

I was going to mention how ridiculous it would be to sign a forklift truck driver who plays for Moor Green, or unknowns from Rhyl or Leek Town but someone's already alluded to it. Having said that; his post was not commented on either. This forum is such a stupid negative experience.

Queue" you don't have to come on here" from the few who seem to live on this forum.

It's been very positive on here over the last few weeks. But I think people are realistic and are slightly worried by this signing. get the lad on trial and then their is no risk. That is what we should be doing with a lot of lads from the lower leagues, hope he does well and impresses as he could well do.

Agreed, there are some absolutely idiotic posts that have been made about players no-one has seen play.

Thanks for posting on my comment Jamo.:wink:

Ian Taylor was scouted by Rudge and Williams who, to be fair, had a pretty decent record in finding hidden gems. Also, they tended to bring players like that in one at a time, not by the bus load. I have no idea who has scouted some of these players which is what concerns me. I say again, giving two year contracts to some lad whom I have serious doubts that the manager has ever seen play is a hugely risky strategy. I have no problems with signing the Portuguese lads who are clearly known to Bruno but how often has be seen Norwegian third division games?

This afternoon will start to tell us the wisdom or otherwise of this policy.

Mbamba starts today but no mention by the official Twitter account that he's actually signed. They posted the team sheet and then, New signings: Kjell Knops, Rigino Cicilia, Kiko and Paulo Tavares make their first appearances in a #Vale shirt.

So maybe he's only on trial?

Ian Taylor was scouted by Rudge and Williams who, to be fair, had a pretty decent record in finding hidden gems. Also, they tended to bring players like that in one at a time, not by the bus load. I have no idea who has scouted some of these players which is what concerns me. I say again, giving two year contracts to some lad whom I have serious doubts that the manager has ever seen play is a hugely risky strategy. I have no problems with signing the Portuguese lads who are clearly known to Bruno but how often has be seen Norwegian third division games

This afternoon will start to tell us the wisdom or otherwise of this policy.

Jean, the absolute rule no.1 for any manager is never to sign a player you have not seen play.

In Ian Taylor's case I watched him for 3 games before John came with me for his approval.

Mbamba starts today but no mention by the official Twitter account that he's actually signed. They posted the team sheet and then, New signings: Kjell Knops, Rigino Cicilia, Kiko and Paulo Tavares make their first appearances in a #Vale shirt.

So maybe he's only on trial?

Did they ever announce the signing of the 3 Portuguese lads on twitter?

I like I expect many Vale fans were anticipating the Vale to mount a strong push for the play-offs/promotion by adding 3-4 quality Championship level signings to last seasons squad. The last two times Vale have been promoted from tier 3 we've had at least 3 or more high quality Championship level players in the promotion team, the likes of Ray Walker (who many would say was first Division quality), Robbie Earle, Bernie Slaven, Ian Taylor, Dean Glover etc etc.

The squad as it stands at the moment has no players of this quality, perhaps Grant at a stretch, perhaps Tavares based on his pedigree and it's unlikely the other signings will be near that quality given the level of football they've come from and it's their first season in English football. Nothing against the new lads I'm sure they'll try their best and they'll have my support .

But I'm disappointed and concerned at the summer shenanigans at PVFC, the chances are that the Chess playing Smurf has played a "Fools mate".

Archived