onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Christopher Mbamba signs

valeparklife

well good for you :clap:

It seems everyone found the insight interesting other than yourself. He wasn't attacking the player or saying he was no good, he was simply outlining his background and the leagues over there. As someone else posted these last two signings have started to worry me.

Advert

More negativity on here than the remainers.. If true welcome to the lad and good luck

https://vimeo.com/24482572

Short video of his debut for Gothenburg although it is 5 years ago.

considering he was 19 at the time there and must of improved in 5 years, he has talent in that video, its laughable the negative haters on here can moan about experience on here, its like some people actually think last seasons squad of deadweight was made of world beating pros, alot of them have sunk back down to division 2 to continue stale careers. how do you expect quality players to be found? honestly what the hell... you would think how some of these people talk about division 1 and english football we was trying to aim for the champions league or something crazy.

This is the worry. All the communication has come from Smurf when really we want to be hearing from the manager about how good these new signings are.

It could be with them all being at the training camp,so hopefully we will hear from him in the next few days

Third foreign unknown with a common agent.

Getting worrying now, any outside neutral looking in would understandably question whether the chairman is being taken advantage of.

Evening Vale fans. I hope you don't object to me having my two-penny-worth?

As a Notts County fan watching developments at your club with keen interest, I am experiencing major league deja vu. It's uncanny how Vale seem to be going down almost exactly the same road as Notts County did last season.

Your signings have the same 'scatter-gun' look that ours did. Many of the overseas players we signed were unknown outside the countries they played in, or came from. They came recommended by agents, or agencies, often with impressive video footage of their skills. The problem for us was how do you judge a player from the Dutch, Belgian, French or Slovenian second division? How do you assess whether they will be able to cope with with life in our fiercely competitive lower leagues. Indeed shortly after the season started, several of our imports commented on social media about how amazed they were by the difference in pace of the English game and the physical challenges it presented.

With hindsight I would have only signed our imports after a lengthy trial which included friendly matches against half-decent opposition who would provide a realistic physical challenge i.e not minor local league teams. As I said in an earlier post, of the 8 overseas players we signed, 5 have already left and only 1 of the remaining 3 has a realistic chance of starting a game this season.

I hope that Vale do a lot better than we did. It's a very brave step you have taken and i'm sure there will be good and bad moments along the way. Hopefully in your case the good will seriously outweigh the bad.

My best memory of our experiment was banishing hoofball - I've seen enough of that to last several life times !!

:smile:

Christ. Some people on here are complete and utter numpties. The manager has barely been in the job a week and has a pre-season game tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure he's just rightly been far too busy getting his methods across, getting to know the players that are still here along with integrating all the new ones into the club the best he can to be able to give interviews to the radio at present.

I think it's best we just wait till we've seen them actually play for Port Vale before we start panicking, judging or otherwise getting in a tizz over the state of our squad. It is a step into the unknown, we knew it would be but we can't really say what the outcome will be until we are at least part way into the actual season. At least tomorrow we will see them as a group and make an initial assessment as to fitness, team ethic, chemistry and skill in primary form but even then we will still be in the dark as to how they will take to League 1 football. Keep the faith, we could be worse, Oldham have got a 5 a side team currently. And we also have aspirations to sign more players.

It's the fact your making out like your some expert, nobody wants to here it, the majority of people wanna just see what he's like, they dunna want negative outlook on the lad.

As for attacking the post's / poster's, it is my OPINION.

If you see it as an attack - that's your problem, not mine.

Its "hear" and I am interested to hear it and appreciate the opinion of someone who knows the standard of Norwegian football. You appear to not have a full bag of shopping

Evening Vale fans. I hope you don't object to me having my two-penny-worth?

As a Notts County fan watching developments at your club with keen interest, I am experiencing major league deja vu. It's uncanny how Vale seem to be going down almost exactly the same road as Notts County did last season.

Your signings have the same 'scatter-gun' look that ours did. Many of the overseas players we signed were unknown outside the countries they played in, or came from. They came recommended by agents, or agencies, often with impressive video footage of their skills. The problem for us was how do you judge a player from the Dutch, Belgian, French or Slovenian second division? How do you assess whether they will be able to cope with with life in our fiercely competitive lower leagues. Indeed shortly after the season started, several of our imports commented on social media about how amazed they were by the difference in pace of the English game and the physical challenges it presented.

With hindsight I would have only signed our imports after a lengthy trial which included friendly matches against half-decent opposition who would provide a realistic physical challenge i.e not minor local league teams. As I said in an earlier post, of the 8 overseas players we signed, 5 have already left and only 1 of the remaining 3 has a realistic chance of starting a game this season.

I hope that Vale do a lot better than we did. It's a very brave step you have taken and i'm sure there will be good and bad moments along the way. Hopefully in your case the good will seriously outweigh the bad.

My best memory of our experiment was banishing hoofball - I've seen enough of that to last several life times !!

:smile:

An interesting post, thanks. We really are going to have to 'suck it and see' because none of us (fans) have any idea as to the abilities of the host of foreign signings we've made, personally I'm just hoping it all works out well and we have a stunningly wonderful season.

As for County you must fancy your chances this season because I think you've signed some very solid players in Dicko, O'Connor, Forte and Duffy, all good enough for a L2 promotion side. I might even give you the kiss of death by putting a couple of quid on you to go up!

There is a bloke on Twitter that has properly translated the article from Norwegian, and from how he describes it there manager believes he above league one standard and he's angry to lose him! So that's something I guess

On a side note, we were link in the press to Stephen Constantine as a manager before we took on Bruno (he was the international manager). Smurf's Twitter description of the new head of recruitment very much fits his in with it being Constantine. He's got a Twitter account and has been tweeting about being in Norway for the last week...I wonder if he is the one who has scouted and spotting him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived