onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shares: What are the Board Hiding

NLVMalc

Advert

Can they disclose person data? Surly people have to opt in for this to take place.

Also under the DPA Malcolm would have to have safe and secure security measures in place to keep such data secure. Seems like this is wide open to data protection abuse.

How come after the same request prior to the EGM they supplied an up to date register (as much as they are professionally capable of) with names, address's and number of shares. Why is this different?

Can they disclose person data? Surly people have to opt in for this to take place.

Also under the DPA Malcolm would have to have safe and secure security measures in place to keep such data secure. Seems like this is wide open to data protection abuse.

Mark,

I refer you to my easrlier post in this thread on 2006 Companies Act, Section 116

and i refer to my earlier response........bratty will still be on the board by the next agm and this latest 'investment' wont materialise

The big difference is that the last times this was mentioned it all came from Bratty in interviews with papers, this time it is in an official press release and statement with a deadline...that is why I believe it!

Additionally, I believe a lot of the reason that BB has been absent since the EGM was he was told to make himself absent. He is now more of a liability to them than an ally. He has no more support in the boardroom...and soon neither wil GO!

mark my words, the only way this will not happen is if the investment is not voted for and although we still have to be sold on that, I am at least interested to hear what they have to say, so they had better make it good

Marky,

This is scary...we agree on something....which means I must be wrong, mustn't it...:unsure:...

:razz:

Except for the data protection bit...read Malc's email again...CAREFULLY

The big difference is that the last times this was mentioned it all came from Bratty in interviews with papers, this time it is in an official press release and statement with a deadline...that is why I believe it!

Additionally, I believe a lot of the reason that BB has been absent since the EGM was he was told to make himself absent. He is now more of a liability to them than an ally. He has no more support in the boardroom...and soon neither wil GO!

mark my words, the only way this will not happen is if the investment is not voted for and although we still have to be sold on that, I am at least interested to hear what they have to say, so they had better make it good

i admire your optimism SV i really do

unfortunately the boardroom at Vale Park has spouted so many lies over the past 8 years that i now find myself questioning even the most positive looking news from the club.

if Bratty is going it wont be becuase he has been marginalised, it will be becuase either a) his doctor has recommended it or b) he is making financial gain he feels is more than he would get if he stayed on as a director

How come after the same request prior to the EGM they supplied an up to date register (as much as they are professionally capable of) with names, address's and number of shares. Why is this different?

Exactly. Why? Options 1 and 2 are very much plausible. :yes:

i admire your optimism SV i really do

unfortunately the boardroom at Vale Park has spouted so many lies over the past 8 years that i now find myself questioning even the most positive looking news from the club.

if Bratty is going it wont be becuase he has been marginalised, it will be becuase either a) his doctor has recommended it or b) he is making financial gain he feels is more than he would get if he stayed on as a director

Jamie, you have hit the nail on the head. I don't trust any investment that these lot bring in, I feel (maybe wrongly) that it will be for their benefit only and not for the good of PV in the long term.

In the aftermath of the EGM in June Glenn Oliver told the Sentinel on June 3: -

"What's needed now is that supporters cease the conflict which has marked the last few months and start working constructively together to rebuild the club and our unity."

How can sending share registers with no information on it seemingly in an attempt to hide certain information from shareholders be seen as in any way being an attempt to be constructive or to rebuild the unity of the club?

If you are reading this Glenn I am afraid that you have completely failed to support your hollow words about unity and rebuilding the club with concrete action.

Jamie, you have hit the nail on the head. I don't trust any investment that these lot bring in, I feel (maybe wrongly) that it will be for their benefit only and not for the good of PV in the long term.

Which is why I give the caveat that the board should allow us to view the business plan that they are proposing prior to any EGM in order to accept or decline any investment. I, for one, want to go through it with a fine toothcomb. After all, if it is a great plan and we shun it out of hand without reason, are we then no better then Bill Bratt and the board in the way they have shunned past investors?

Which is why I give the caveat that the board should allow us to view the business plan that they are proposing prior to any EGM in order to accept or decline any investment. I, for one, want to go through it with a fine toothcomb. After all, if it is a great plan and we shun it out of hand without reason, are we then no better then Bill Bratt and the board in the way they have shunned past investors?

they wont let us see it!

and if they do it will be the edited version

In the aftermath of the EGM in June Glenn Oliver told the Sentinel on June 3: -

If you are reading this Glenn I am afraid that you have completely failed to support your hollow words about unity and rebuilding the club with concrete action.

He's been doing it for years. Total failure as a director and lapdog for Bratt. What has he done in his tenure apart from spouting drivel in an antagonistic way?

they wont let us see it!

and if they do it will be the edited version

That's not necessarily up to the board, it's up to the new investors, and if they have done any studying of the past, they will know that a well thought out and well publicised business plan is key to any venture being approved by the fans and the shareholders - in fact, for the shareholders, they can't even go to the EGM for a proposal to invest without one!

Archived