onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno Ribeiro v Ricardo Moniz ?!?!

eepiegum

Eepiegum, I didn't know of the Notts. precedent of the PVFC gamble. Unless there are at least 3 high quality players recruited preferably with experience playing in Lge 1 or above in England, the chances are Vale will go the same way as as Notts. and it could get even worse and we end up with the other County. I truly hope I'm wrong and will be happy and want to eat my words.

I'm bored by tippy tappy football, nothing more boring that square, square, back, square, back to goalie and then punt, much better to mix it up, it is a results driven business. As the Euros have shown, in the penalty area the space is in the air and to not have a tall guy op front who can head the ball is folly.

Paul, I couldn't agree more. Spain have had a lot of success with this possession style of play but it is so dull to watch that i'd rather regrout the shower than suffer another 90 minutes of it.

Moniz tried to bring the Dutch version of 'total football' to Notts. A much more direct style, with lots of goalmouth action and plenty of skill on show. When it worked it was fabulous to watch but more often than not we were let down by a tragic defence that crumpled under pressure and conceded goals from set plays with alarming regularity.

IMO it's about having the right mix of continental flair and British grit, determination and organisation - maybe Vale will find it.

Advert

very interesting thread, thank you for posting eepiegum, not trying to be a **** but i think our situation around the board is a step up from yours in terms of overall quality in my personally opinion and i say this for example as i rate the players higher than yours, our manager does have managing experience etc, even including our managers flaws hes still a better manager than page on paper before he took over the vale, from the contracts it seems we have 2 seasons to have a crack at the championship under this current situation so that in its self is some time and another chance, it doesnt matter if we get rid of experienced pros if we dont get results on the field, i am glad the dead wood is removed, like why are alot of our players going to league 2 if they are so great?

i think some good attacking football if thats the plan even with some losses would be a great improvement for the fans over the boring confused uselessness of the last seasons, as a ex player himself and being ball focused in training, i can imagine him wanting to attack, alot of the players are young as well so i cant see why pace of the english game would be a issue, it depends how much passion the players have and how they adapt but who knows, they should in theory have alot to prove and be professionals, i dont really understand why they would move country and jump into the english game if they wasnt prepared for the challenge.

We've just signed two strikers both 6 foot +. Hopefully we will bring in a couple more experience players who know the leagues.

I know Vale have but my point about a tall guy was in a separate paragraph about tippy tappy football.

Hopefully at least one of the two Vale striker signings will be useful in the air.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived