onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno Ribeiro v Ricardo Moniz ?!?!

eepiegum

Just out of interest were your back room team foreign or British??

All of Ricardo Moniz's backroom staff were British, all ex-players in David Kevan, Dean Yates, Richard Dryden and Mike Edwards.

A major bone of contention amongst our fans was the use of a 'recruitment panel', used to help Moniz because of his lack of experience of the English lower leagues. In the end I think this proved to be more of a hindrance than a help to Moniz.

Advert

I feel confident that we will have the same outcome as County. I'm already preparing for a season to endure.

I'll be over the moon to be proven wrong and will happily hold my hands up if that's the case.

Cheers for your optimism as always!!! Christ

How nice to read an intelligent thread started by a thoughtful fan of another club who has taken three of our players. Such a nice change from some of the childish rubbish from some of the immature keyboard warriors. I cannot add to what has been said before, the potential benefits and threats have been well and truly aired. Let's see how we go.

Well said and Good Luck to NC, at least you play and Black and White.

Been there many times over the years a great old ground with a goods atmosphere and History.

Think you have a good chance this coming season with our "Old Boys"!!

So your forum is similar to ours then ? :laugh:

If anything slightly worse. :smile:

We don't separate football topics from non-football topics. Most of our football threads have been swamped by referendum-related threads, which frankly bore me to tears !

That settled defence maybe the key difference.

Ricardo Moniz would've played with a rush goalie if it was allowed - he was so committed to attacking football. In the league Cup, we led 3 times at Aston Villa, who played most of their ' star ' names but then we succumbed to defensive errors.

As for this season, I am happy with our experienced signings but i'm keeping the optimism on a slow burn - we've had so many 'false dawns' !

Losing to Villa is presumably why you sacked him?

Our backroom staff is English-Adam Smith,Michael Brown,and Peter Farrell . The latter as head of recruitment, although I'm not sure how relevant the last name is as all our signings are from abroad. Worrying times!

You just never know fella.

Vale have been brave enough to experiment, to move away from season after season of the tried and tested formulas. Maybe you'll get lucky where we didn't

Total football in the Potteries - why not !

'The away form was poor and it soon became clear that our overseas imports were not really up for the fight, not fit enough to cope with the intensity, all action and physical challenges of lower league football.

The defending at times was kamikaze in its carelessness. Defending set plays became a nightmare. We could batter a team for 75 minutes, play them off the park and then let in a soft goal from a corner or a long throw'

Our defending and away form was the same and that was with league experienced players so at the worst we'll be the same but obviously hoping for better.

Eepiegum, I didn't know of the Notts. precedent of the PVFC gamble. Unless there are at least 3 high quality players recruited preferably with experience playing in Lge 1 or above in England, the chances are Vale will go the same way as as Notts. and it could get even worse and we end up with the other County. I truly hope I'm wrong and will be happy and want to eat my words.

I'm bored by tippy tappy football, nothing more boring that square, square, back, square, back to goalie and then punt, much better to mix it up, it is a results driven business. As the Euros have shown, in the penalty area the space is in the air and to not have a tall guy op front who can head the ball is folly.

Losing to Villa is presumably why you sacked him?

It was very, very early in the season i.e. Villa weren't bottom. :laugh:

My point being that we didn't 'park the bus', we took the game to Villa on their own pitch from the kickoff and some of the football we played was pretty special for a fourth division club. As usual our defence crumpled under pressure and we lost, despite giving as good as we got or better.

Eepiegum, I didn't know of the Notts. precedent of the PVFC gamble. Unless there are at least 3 high quality players recruited preferably with experience playing in Lge 1 or above in England, the chances are Vale will go the same way as as Notts. and it could get even worse and we end up with the other County. I truly hope I'm wrong and will be happy and want to eat my words.

I'm bored by tippy tappy football, nothing more boring that square, square, back, square, back to goalie and then punt, much better to mix it up, it is a results driven business. As the Euros have shown, in the penalty area the space is in the air and to not have a tall guy op front who can head the ball is folly.

We've just signed two strikers both 6 foot +. Hopefully we will bring in a couple more experience players who know the leagues.

As a resident of Nottingham the similarities between the 2 appointments struck me right away. A number of my friends who are county fans predict disaster based on their own experiences. But let's hope they are wrong and the delights of Burslem are enough to make the manager and the players feel right at home.

As a resident of Nottingham the similarities between the 2 appointments struck me right away. A number of my friends who are county fans predict disaster based on their own experiences. But let's hope they are wrong and the delights of Burslem are enough to make the manager and the players feel right at home.

I don't predict disaster but I think you will need a lot of patience while the imports adjust to the frenetic style of play and the physical challenges of English lower league football.

A year on, 5 out of the 8 overseas imports from the Moniz experiment have left the club and of the 3 remaining, only 1 is likely to start for Notts this season. They were found wanting in physical and mental strength - what overseas player will have had to do battle with the likes of Ade Akinfenwa in their previous career?

Archived