onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time for Action NOT Words

NLVMalc

What do people think will be the outcome of tonights meeting with the various groups of fans?

My guess will be that the board will try to drag things out and stall any movement on "possible" change. This is a tactic the board have used many a time in an effort to maintain their position within the club.

Lately we saw this happen with:

Mike Newton (who is now going to take his money to Oldham)

American Consortium (no Financial Director on hand)

Mo Chaudry

Mark Sims (no Financial Director on hand)

So how might this play out with fans groups:

I think they will try and say that change is happening:

1. They are now meeting the fans - this should be the bare minimum to expect from a supposedly fan led club. Why has it taken 8 years to arrange anything?

2. Perhaps they will say they are looking to set up a Fans Parliament? Well this may or not be a good thing, however, it does not tackle the problem of how to unite fans, in fact, all it will do is lead to more disunity as a large sections of the fans will see this as a way delaying the removal of BB & Glen, the only thing that will unite fans.

3. They will say wait until after the directors attended the Supporters Club meeting. Why? Meeting the fans does not show any significant change or compromise on behalf of the board. They are merely attending to something a supposedly fan-led club should be doing. Again this merely a way of delaying procedures until they can secure their places on the board and will not bring unity. BB & Glen need to go and then we will stand a chance of reuniting the fractured fan base.

4. They will say that major investment is being worked on - more delays. Any sponsorship brought into the club that attaches shares to it will be viewed with scepticism, unless verified by a new interim board. The bond of trust between the fans and the board has been irrevocably broken. Only significant and immediate change in the boardroom will allow a new relationship to develop. As the saying goes 'it is pointless putting new wine in old wineskins'.

What the pro-change groups need now is action rather than more delays. Such delaying tactics really show how nothing has changed and helps to perpetuate the belief amongst some fans that nothing will ever change whilst BB and GO are part of the board.

It will be interesting to hear if the board have responded to Mark Sims and, if so, what that response might be... I could hazard a guess...what about you :rolleyes:

Advert

I would expect contrived pre written statements which allow for no deviation... statements to endorse the changes they think they have already made and offer further forthcoming changes at a time to be determined by events. There will be no wringing of hands or gnashing of teeth just pulls at the heartstrings... we all need to stand/pull together... MA and the boys need our support.... it can be a great season.... we have investment lined up.... etc etc etc.... I doubt there will be a blame game... SeO has done this, B&G are doing that etc... they will go for your soft spots.... if SeO stooped we could achieve this.... If B&G did that then this could happen and so on.... I wouldnt be surprised to find a few "plants" in the audience.... a little reverse psychology perhaps.

The supporters will be thrown the scraps and an odd bone perhaps... but very little to get their teeth into.... although they will probably be told what they [the board] have achieved... play group etc.... I wouldnt be surprised if certain subjects were "off limits" and I would be less surprised if there isnt some distraction thrown in.... MA?.. couple of players perhaps?,,, something.

If... and its a big if.... a major shock is offered [bratt standing down from the board] I would be concerned.... about what they had up their collective sleeves.

What do people think will be the outcome of tonights meeting with the various groups of fans?

My guess will be that the board will try to drag things out and stall any movement on "possible" change. This is a tactic the board have used many a time in an effort to maintain their position within the club.

Lately we saw this happen with:

Mike Newton (who is now going to take his money to Oldham)

American Consortium (no Financial Director on hand)

Mo Chaudry

Mark Sims (no Financial Director on hand)

So how might this play out with fans groups:

I think they will try and say that change is happening:

1. They are now meeting the fans - this should be the bare minimum to expect from a supposedly fan led club. Why has it taken 8 years to arrange anything?

2. Perhaps they will say they are looking to set up a Fans Parliament? Well this may or not be a good thing, however, it does not tackle the problem of how to unite fans, in fact, all it will do is lead to more disunity as a large sections of the fans will see this as a way delaying the removal of BB & Glen, the only thing that will unite fans.

3. They will say wait until after the directors attended the Supporters Club meeting. Why? Meeting the fans does not show any significant change or compromise on behalf of the board. They are merely attending to something a supposedly fan-led club should be doing. Again this merely a way of delaying procedures until they can secure their places on the board and will not bring unity. BB & Glen need to go and then we will stand a chance of reuniting the fractured fan base.

4. They will say that major investment is being worked on - more delays. Any sponsorship brought into the club that attaches shares to it will be viewed with scepticism, unless verified by a new interim board. The bond of trust between the fans and the board has been irrevocably broken. Only significant and immediate change in the boardroom will allow a new relationship to develop. As the saying goes 'it is pointless putting new wine in old wineskins'.

What the pro-change groups need now is action rather than more delays. Such delaying tactics really show how nothing has changed and helps to perpetuate the belief amongst some fans that nothing will ever change whilst BB and GO are part of the board.

It will be interesting to hear if the board have responded to Mark Sims and, if so, what that response might be... I could hazard a guess...what about you :rolleyes:

In your opinion..... just what does Glenn Oliver bring to the table? Expertise? Finance? Just why does he hang on for grim death?

I would expect contrived pre written statements which allow for no deviation... statements to endorse the changes they think they have already made and offer further forthcoming changes at a time to be determined by events. There will be no wringing of hands or gnashing of teeth just pulls at the heartstrings... we all need to stand/pull together... MA and the boys need our support.... it can be a great season.... we have investment lined up.... etc etc etc.... I doubt there will be a blame game... SeO has done this, B&G are doing that etc... they will go for your soft spots.... if SeO stooped we could achieve this.... If B&G did that then this could happen and so on.... I wouldnt be surprised to find a few "plants" in the audience.... a little reverse psychology perhaps.

The supporters will be thrown the scraps and an odd bone perhaps... but very little to get their teeth into.... although they will probably be told what they [the board] have achieved... play group etc.... I wouldnt be surprised if certain subjects were "off limits" and I would be less surprised if there isnt some distraction thrown in.... MA?.. couple of players perhaps?,,, something.

If... and its a big if.... a major shock is offered [bratt standing down from the board] I would be concerned.... about what they had up their collective sleeves.

Totally agree. No room for discussion at all!

Archived