onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Enoch Andoh set to depart Vale Park

News Feed

Personally I'd say its a crazy decision from Andoh. Not fit and still needs treatment. He may as well have stayed until fit. Surely no other club is going to take him whilst still injured.

I would not be surprised to see Northampton make a move for him.

We've let go a bums on seats player there.

Advert

No doubt some shyster agent has been breathing in his ear, they couldn't give a toss whether he's fit or not as long as they get their percentage.The day an agent gets concerned about his clients welfare a star will rise in the east.

I would not be surprised to see Northampton make a move for him.

We've let go a bums on seats player there.

His injury was horrendous and I would be very surprised if anyone takes a chance whilst he's not fit. Hes got to have professional and daily attention from a physio, hes going to get that at Vale whilst being paid. As a player his focus should be on getting back to what he was and I can't help but think hes taking a chance with not only his rehabilitation but also his career by not staying.

Sad I think possibly agent prompting at work again. Although tbf I don't know what we offered him and whether it was significantly less? If so you can't blame anyone for looking elsewhere. However for someone who is unfit and played less than 50 games(10-12 for us) in their professional career not to show a bit of loyalty is annoying. A promising talent but I get the impression it's perhaps not meant to be for him at Vale with the injury.

on the andoh front , sad to see him go but if you sign him on a full contract and he spends the whole of the season crocked what would be the reaction ? no doubt he was an exciting player , promised a lot , delivered on some things but was not a goal threat . quality wingers are tough to come by , I guess we have been spoiled with the likes of ford , guppy , mc carthy , ainsworth etc.

No doubt some shyster agent has been breathing in his ear, they couldn't give a toss whether he's fit or not as long as they get their percentage.The day an agent gets concerned about his clients welfare a star will rise in the east.

Exactly that's my overriding view on these issues. When will players learn? It did Myrie-Williams a lot of good didn't it moving to Scunthorpe? And McPhee going further back with that move to Portugal! Agents don't think once about the actual players careers just their back pocket! *******!:angry:

on the andoh front , sad to see him go but if you sign him on a full contract and he spends the whole of the season crocked what would be the reaction ? no doubt he was an exciting player , promised a lot , delivered on some things but was not a goal threat . quality wingers are tough to come by , I guess we have been spoiled with the likes of ford , guppy , mc carthy , ainsworth etc.

The ultimate bottom line in his whole 2 year career ... 1 goal no assists. Bags of potential will be interesting to see if he is ever fit and ever realises it.

I think you can see it one of two ways.

1- he owes the club after they paid for his treatment and should accept the offer on the table.

2- he is simply after a respectable contract at around half of other team mates.

For me with his class I think we should have pushed a little further to keep him. Unless as guppy said he and his agent are just money grabbing. Still a real shame as he was one of the only bright sparks last season.

I see it another way, he hasnt played for 12 months, who says he will come back as good as he was last season? (which wasnt that good, 16 games, 1 goal, 1 assist.) Massive risk to give him a well paid contract when theres a chance he could A) breakdown during rehab or B) not be the same player due to fear/lack of confidence in how strong his knee is.

According to his agent (although he has now deleted the tweet) Andoh was on £250 a week, and we offered him £500 a week on a 2 year deal.

Seem very low for such a huge prospect.

Wouldn't that be the income tax amounts?

According to his agent (although he has now deleted the tweet) Andoh was on £250 a week, and we offered him £500 a week on a 2 year deal.

If that is true, and obviously I'm skeptical because he's an agent, then we're throwing away one of our biggest talents.

If we were offering him £500 a week I couldn't complain if Andoh decided to jump ship. This may end up like another Morsy situation.

Agreed but if we had double it and then he doesn't get over the injury it's money wasted especially when it's a 2 year contract. He would probably have been better accepting and then if his career did progress he could have slapped in a transfer request.

Archived