onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A 2nd referendum

TheJoker

I don't think she's a crackpot..just undemocratic and basically wanting Scotland to be able to be subsidised by someone...anyone.

If they are subsidised they can hardly be called independent... and if they arent they will have to raise their own finances and work a damn site harder than they do now.

Its the self preservation society.....

Advert

If they are subsidised they can hardly be called independent... and if they arent they will have to raise their own finances and work a damn site harder than they do now.

Its the self preservation society.....

I guess independence to the nats just means no longer part of the yewkay...they don't seem to care who pays the bills

NS is doing a sterling job up here.My mate Fraser has been telling me about the Edinburgh Trams Project which was delivered five years late.It was costed at £350m and was 100% over budget. Apparently,they set up an enquiry two years ago which has so far cost £4m.

Fraser thinks that if Scotland go independent they'd be bankrupt in five years.

I agree with Fraser.

Dunno about the bankrupt bit but the tram project has been a disaster for many reasons. let's hope it does some good in the long term

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2644593/Edinburghs-new-tram-finally-launches-five-years-late-400m-budget.html

I understand her calls for a referendum. The position of the UK within the EU and the world has changed considerably since the last one. What the Scots voted for last time isn't the same as what they are going to get. For that reason alone I see the calls for another referendum, however unpalatable that may be to some people.

However, as before I think they would be mad to leave. They don't have their own currency or central bank which would cost billions to set up. They're far too dependent on the barnett formula and fossil fuels to have a balanced economy and they're already running at a deficit that makes up a considerable part of the UK deficit as a whole. There's also no guarantee that the EU would want them to join immediately, which would cause turmoil across the whole country on a level that would make the last month look like a financial boom.

After all that, if they want to leave then that's entirely their choice and I respect that.

Dunno about the bankrupt bit but the tram project has been a disaster for many reasons. let's hope it does some good in the long term

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2644593/Edinburghs-new-tram-finally-launches-five-years-late-400m-budget.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/31/article-2644593-1E59DDE300000578-633_634x422.jpg

HAHAHAHA!

I understand her calls for a referendum. The position of the UK within the EU and the world has changed considerably since the last one. What the Scots voted for last time isn't the same as what they are going to get. For that reason alone I see the calls for another referendum, however unpalatable that may be to some people.

However, as before I think they would be mad to leave. They don't have their own currency or central bank which would cost billions to set up. They're far too dependent on the barnett formula and fossil fuels to have a balanced economy and they're already running at a deficit that makes up a considerable part of the UK deficit as a whole. There's also no guarantee that the EU would want them to join immediately, which would cause turmoil across the whole country on a level that would make the last month look like a financial boom.

After all that, if they want to leave then that's entirely their choice and I respect that.

scotland is getting pathetic and whiny, they must have alot of secret vale fans, if they did leave the union they would be 100% bankrupt, they cannot join the EU without leaving the union and it could take at least 2 years to join hense they being called "greece without the sun" and why would the EU want them to keep them afloat when its already struggling with its existing member states, all this leaving crap is unrealistic blackmail.

they had a vote, they voted to remain, they need to be given the veiny sausage of shut the **** up right across the face, i think growing resistance to the SNP will form soon due to how they are reacting now, you can already see some loud anti SNP voices on twitter saying "not my vote" and "they are trying to speak for us and ruin our country".

I understand her calls for a referendum. The position of the UK within the EU and the world has changed considerably since the last one.

Very true but when they voted to stay in the Uk they voted to have their future determined by the UK parliament and by the UK people in any referendum...they'd not be doing this if the UK people had voted to remain so what they want to do is have a vote on independence but then not have to live with the consequences of that vote if they don't like the result.

What the Scots voted for last time isn't the same as what they are going to get.

They have got exactly what they voted for..to be part of the UK and all that entails..and that includes accepting the will of the UK as a whole..they voted for that

Very true but when they voted to stay in the Uk they voted to have their future determined by the UK parliament and by the UK people in any referendum...they'd not be doing this if the UK people had voted to remain so what they want to do is have a vote on independence but then not have to live with the consequences of that vote if they don't like the result.

They have got exactly what they voted for..to be part of the UK and all that entails..and that includes accepting the will of the UK as a whole..they voted for that

They wouldn't have a leg to stand on if we'd voted to remain and the SNP know it. This has relit the fire under them to try and get out of the Union. However their 62/38 point has validity. Almost two thirds of voters wanted to stay in the EU and this would considerably alter the Yes/No independence result.

However I accept your argument that when they voted to stay in 2014, they accepted the will of the UK population as a whole in future elections and referendums. I think we're talking about a major hypothetical here anyway. Despite what Janette Krankie says, the Scottish government has no power on calling a legally binding referendum. It would have to be approved by the UK government, which is highly unlikely. They can shout all they want, but it's unlikely to make much difference.

If they leave, they can take their third of our debt with them, that puts them at a massive -400billion before they start.

The first independence referendum, if successful of Sturgeon, would have meant Scotland would have had to leave the EU as part of the UK. Now they want a second referendum because they don't want to leave the EU. I do wish they'd make their minds up what they want.

The first independence referendum, if successful of Sturgeon, would have meant Scotland would have had to leave the EU as part of the UK. Now they want a second referendum because they don't want to leave the EU. I do wish they'd make their minds up what they want.

My point too long agao

They wanted to leave the EU (leaving the UK would have meant leaving the EU) now they want to leave the UK to stay in the EU :unsure:

NS is doing a sterling job up here.My mate Fraser has been telling me about the Edinburgh Trams Project which was delivered five years late.It was costed at £350m and was 100% over budget. Apparently,they set up an enquiry two years ago which has so far cost £4m.

Fraser thinks that if Scotland go independent they'd be bankrupt in five years.

I agree with Fraser.

Good lad is Fraser, Fraser for first minister!

Archived