onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A 2nd referendum

TheJoker

Lies like the £350m to the NHS?

Lies like the punishment budget, the horrendous recession the negative downturn in the stock market which didn't even last a week.

No one was voting for £350 million to the NHS.

No one is stupid enough to believe that, that was a serious suggestion, it was a campaign slogen, an advertisement of what we could do with the extra money. It was not a lie.

Advert

Lies like the punishment budget, the horrendous recession the negative downturn in the stock market which didn't even last a week.

There is more than one stock market you know. Have you checked the FTSE 250 this week? Still down over a thousand points since last Thursday. And that is made up predominently of UK companies, not the international companies on the FTSE 100.

No one was voting for £350 million to the NHS.

No one is stupid enough to believe that, that was a serious suggestion, it was a campaign slogen, an advertisement of what we could do with the extra money. It was not a lie.

Tell me the difference between a campaign slogan that isn't going to happen and a lie.

And many of the Leavers say it will have to remain pretty high. And you can't surely believe that a recession would have occured within a week surely??

Oh, but it's absolutely fine for you to be claiming we've been lied to about immigration figures within a week?

There is more than one stock market you know. Have you checked the FTSE 250 this week? Still down over a thousand points since last Thursday. And that is made up predominently of UK companies, not the international companies on the FTSE 100.

I thought we weren't allowed to make rash judgements and conclusions as it has only been just over a week?

Tell me the difference between a campaign slogan that isn't going to happen and a lie.

Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Co

I would vote the same way, I voted based on my own research as did a lot of others. I don't listen to bbc or sky news I make my own judgement based on personal opinion. the notion that all leave voters are thick and racist is hateful and childish. 9 main regions out of 12 voted for leave, the majority voted for leave and democracy is dead if it doesn't go through. Bob geldof spouting his mouth, Cameron and osbourne bullying people and young voters that now feel hard done by because they couldn't be arsed to get out of bed and vote are the people that should be blamed for the remain loss they were told enough times that is is a once in a lifetime vote, don't waste it. They did. Its amazing that so many people are crying about the fact that we will be leaving an undemocratic EU. On the flip side I know remain voters that would switch there vote to leave because of the hateful way young remain people are talking about the older generation and blaming them. There are good and bad people on both sides.

Oh, but it's absolutely fine for you to be claiming we've been lied to about immigration figures within a week?

The Leavers have admitted that immigration will remain at least at its current level for two years and will be "controlled", not reduced necessarily, after that. That has been said within a week.

I would vote the same way, I voted based on my own research as did a lot of others. I don't listen to bbc or sky news I make my own judgement based on personal opinion. the notion that all leave voters are thick and racist is hateful and childish. 9 main regions out of 12 voted for leave, the majority voted for leave and democracy is dead if it doesn't go through. Bob geldof spouting his mouth, Cameron and osbourne bullying people and young voters that now feel hard done by because they couldn't be arsed to get out of bed and vote are the people that should be blamed for the remain loss they were told enough times that is is a once in a lifetime vote, don't waste it. They did. Its amazing that so many people are crying about the fact that we will be leaving an undemocratic EU. On the flip side I know remain voters that would switch there vote to leave because of the hateful way young remain people are talking about the older generation and blaming them. There are good and bad people on both sides.

Andy, I can't find anyone on this board who thinks that all Leave voters are thick and racist. Plenty of people voted Leave for perfectly valid reasons. The behaviour of the despicable minority in the wake of the vote have not helped matters though.

Andy, I can't find anyone on this board who thinks that all Leave voters are thick and racist. Plenty of people voted Leave for perfectly valid reasons. The behaviour of the despicable minority in the wake of the vote have not helped matters though.

It was a generalisation Jean, possibly should have said that. I agree on the despicable behaviour point on both sides.

Archived