onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

Advert

I'm not denying he did well but he did not get anywhere near Pep.

Guardiola inherited arguably the best squad of players in the world. Klopp didn't. When he joined Dortmund they were on a major slide and had just had their worst season in 20 years. To steer them to win two Bundesliga titles over a fantastic Bayern Munich and also to a Champions League final is every bit as impressive as anything Guardiola has achieved.

But yeah, he did "very well".

Guardiola inherited arguably the best squad of players in the world. Klopp didn't. When he joined Dortmund they were on a major slide and had just had their worst season in 20 years. To steer them to win two Bundesliga titles over a fantastic Bayern Munich and also to a Champions League final is every bit as impressive as anything Guardiola has achieved.

No other manager EVER, with any resources has won 14 cups in 3 seasons. I don't know how you can't concede that that is a slightly better achievement than Klopps own impressive achievements. Oh yeah I do know, you're a Liverpool fan, you were saying Brendan Rogers was a world class manager a few seasons ago loool

No other manager EVER, with any resources has won 14 cups in 3 seasons. I don't know how you can't concede that that is a slightly better achievement than Klopps own impressive achievements. Oh yeah I do know, you're a Liverpool fan, you were saying Brendan Rogers was a world class manager a few seasons ago loool

Impartiality isn't his thing, it's actually quite funny.

Guardiola has one trophys he was expected to do. Its not always straight forward but I dont believe he has proved he is the best manager in the world yet.

Id like to see him do it at Man City, if they can win 2/3 major trophies including the league this season he will have proved it. I dont think he will though.

Klopp is a great manager, not the best and probably not up to Pep's level just yet because of past achievements. For him to get to that level he needs to take liverpool back to the top 4 and win major trophies. I dont think he will do that this season either.

Guardiola has one trophys he was expected to do. Its not always straight forward but I dont believe he has proved he is the best manager in the world yet.

Id like to see him do it at Man City, if they can win 2/3 major trophies including the league this season he will have proved it. I dont think he will though.

Klopp is a great manager, not the best and probably not up to Pep's level just yet because of past achievements. For him to get to that level he needs to take liverpool back to the top 4 and win major trophies. I dont think he will do that this season either.

Exactly my point. No doubt what he's achieved isn't questionable, but I'd like to see how he performs with a squad that isn't of the quality of the teams he's been lucky enough to manage. Klopp worked miracles with Dortmund in regards to where they were when he took over and also the finances that were made available to him in comparison to other major clubs. It's quite clear that he's already had a big impact at Liverpool too when you consider he got them to a UEFA Cup final in his first season.

Back to Guardiola, Man City have some superb players but they aren't Bayern or Barcelona so let's see how he gets on over the next two or three years.

Really good singing today by Swansea in Borja González from Atletico. The guy is a natural born goal-scorer and if he adapts well over here I imagine he won't be there for too long before a bigger club go in for him, probably for three times the figure they've paid for him. Ashley Williams is a bargain for Everton at 12 million in today's market. He could play for any side in the Premier League. Stones has cost City a ridiculous amount of money but Pep will love him, as his best ability despite being a defender is his calmness and quality in possession. I hope Guardiola can turn him into a better natural defender as he did with Pique at Barca as that will obviously benefit our national team too.

Really good singing today by Swansea in Borja González from Atletico. The guy is a natural born goal-scorer and if he adapts well over here I imagine he won't be there for too long before a bigger club go in for him, probably for three times the figure they've paid for him. Ashley Williams is a bargain for Everton at 12 million in today's market. He could play for any side in the Premier League. Stones has cost City a ridiculous amount of money but Pep will love him, as his best ability despite being a defender is his calmness and quality in possession. I hope Guardiola can turn him into a better natural defender as he did with Pique at Barca as that will obviously benefit our national team too.
Did they hire a Male voice choir to do the singing Beechy?:smile:

Exactly my point. No doubt what he's achieved isn't questionable, but I'd like to see how he performs with a squad that isn't of the quality of the teams he's been lucky enough to manage. Klopp worked miracles with Dortmund in regards to where they were when he took over and also the finances that were made available to him in comparison to other major clubs. It's quite clear that he's already had a big impact at Liverpool too when you consider he got them to a UEFA Cup final in his first season.

Back to Guardiola, Man City have some superb players but they aren't Bayern or Barcelona so let's see how he gets on over the next two or three years.

You obviously have no clue what you're on about. Tell me what trophies Barca won in the 2007-08 season, the year Pep took over? A team that had Henry, Eto'o, Ronaldhino, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Thuram, Zambrotta, I could go on. The answer, nothing? They even finished third in the league and were falling to bits.

Your frankly made up, blind faith is enough for him to get you to drink poison. Try learning a bit of stuff from other clubs, not just the Liverpool website and Wikipedia. For starters, there's an excellent documentary on Pep on Sky at the moment; not one on Klopp though, funny that.

As a long standing viewer of the Bundesliga, I think, and I'm not just saying this to wind you up, It's very soon going to be a case of "Jurgen who" the way Thomas Tuchel is going at Dortmund

Archived