onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

Advert

Solid signing by Liverpool today in Wijnaldum. He scored 11 goals for a poor Newcastle team last season so should score many more in a Liverpool shirt. They still need a left-back and holding midfielder but attacking wise they look pretty formidable in my opinion.

Milner/Grujić

Can

Coutinho

Wijnaldum

Mane

Firmino/Sturridge

Solid signing by Liverpool today in Wijnaldum. He scored 11 goals for a poor Newcastle team last season so should score many more in a Liverpool shirt.

Of those 11 goals, Beechy, 4 were in one game against relegated Norwich and 2 more were in the final game of the season when Spuds got stuffed 5-1 because they didn't bother to turn up. So more than half his goals were scored in 2 games. He also didn't score any goals away from home all season. He's a talented player but showed a remarkable lack of heart on occasions last year - when the going got tough he tended not to get going. I hope he gets his act together for your mob though. There's a very good player in there somewhere and Klopp might just put his boot in the correct portion of his backside to get it out.

Of those 11 goals, Beechy, 4 were in one game against relegated Norwich and 2 more were in the final game of the season when Spuds got stuffed 5-1 because they didn't bother to turn up. So more than half his goals were scored in 2 games. He also didn't score any goals away from home all season. He's a talented player but showed a remarkable lack of heart on occasions last year - when the going got tough he tended not to get going. I hope he gets his act together for your mob though. There's a very good player in there somewhere and Klopp might just put his boot in the correct portion of his backside to get it out.

Yeah, he has a lot to prove and certainly needs to find more consistency. He's a bit like Lampard though (not as good a player) in the way he arrives late in the box and finds excellent positions all the time, and even if he continues to go missing a lot you have to fancy him to score 15+ goals in a pacey, counter-attacking Liverpool side.

I was drifting in and out of a siesta whilst listening to the 5Live Sports Edition and I'm almost sure I heard the breakup of nationalities for the PL is 70% other nationals; 30% English (not British).

Did I hear right? :unsure:

Probably Barry, but that siesta though. I'm off for a lie down. UTV

I was drifting in and out of a siesta whilst listening to the 5Live Sports Edition and I'm almost sure I heard the breakup of nationalities for the PL is 70% other nationals; 30% English (not British).

Did I hear right? :unsure:

Seems about right, non-English managers 85%, English 15% just 3, 2 of which with promoted teams. Where do we expect to get England managers from?

Seems about right, non-English managers 85%, English 15% just 3, 2 of which with promoted teams. Where do we expect to get England managers from?

Eddie Howe

Alan Pardew

Sean Dyche

Steve Bruce now out of work.

The number of English players is slowly reducing as well.

Eddie Howe

Alan Pardew

Sean Dyche

Steve Bruce now out of work.

The number of English players is slowly reducing as well.

It's not just the EPL the number of non English/British players in the Football League appears to be reducing at an alarming rate. A country of 50 million people simply cannot compete with the population of the rest of the world in terms of producing people with the ability to play professional football.

With the England National team in mind the FA/FL have the choice of either somehow ring fencing professional football in this country or adopt the same qualification rules as other footballing countries.

It's not just the EPL the number of non English/British players in the Football League appears to be reducing at an alarming rate. A country of 50 million people simply cannot compete with the population of the rest of the world in terms of producing people with the ability to play professional football.

With the England National team in mind the FA/FL have the choice of either somehow ring fencing professional football in this country or adopt the same qualification rules as other footballing countries.

What rules are those?

What rules are those?

The criteria for eligibility to represent a home nation is:

a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

c) One of his biological grandparents was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

d) He has engaged in a minimum of five years education under the age of 18 within the territory of the relevant association.

— Home nations agreement

For other countries the above applies apart from criteria (d), this varies in that a player has only to be resident for a period of two to five years (at any age, depending on the country) to be eligible hence the Home Countries have more strict eligibility criteria.

After the age of 21 if a player represents a nation in a competitive game then he is tied to that nation.

These criteria are not simple and regularly change and I assume the same applies to females.

Yeah, he has a lot to prove and certainly needs to find more consistency. He's a bit like Lampard though (not as good a player) in the way he arrives late in the box .

Late in the box? most of last season he arrived so late everyone else was back on the team bus

Solid signing by Liverpool today in Wijnaldum. He scored 11 goals for a poor Newcastle team last season so should score many more in a Liverpool shirt. They still need a left-back and holding midfielder but attacking wise they look pretty formidable in my opinion.

Milner/Grujić

Can

Coutinho

Wijnaldum

Mane

Firmino/Sturridge

Formidables a bit ott. That midfield wont win games its too lightweight.

Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Mashcherano was formidable.

Archived