onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New player flying in from Amsterdam

pvfcrule

Had a quick look through some of the squads in the Dutch top 2 leagues at the weekend can't see anyone who would have worked with Bruno before or who it obviously stuck out that it could be? I suppose Ajax have a very active academy so could be a young loanee from there? Again like Portugal you go below the 2nd tier in Holland and the standard I'd imagine is pretty low as most teams are semi pro/amateur from there downwards. Although I suppose you could always pick up the odd gem like from non-league in this country!

Advert

Had a quick look through some of the squads in the Dutch top 2 leagues at the weekend can't see anyone who would have worked with Bruno before or who it obviously stuck out that it could be? I suppose Ajax have a very active academy so could be a young loanee from there? Again like Portugal you go below the 2nd tier in Holland and the standard I'd imagine is pretty low as most teams are semi pro/amateur from there downwards. Although I suppose you could always pick up the odd gem like from non-league in this country!
Maybe he was only using Amsterdam for a connecting flight and is actually flying in from Brazil, Heathrow was more expensive.

He looks like an experienced defender reaching peak years who has played in a different environment but at a broadly similar level. So I think we were weak at centre half last year but I can see a tidy ball playing type fitting alongside a rough and tumble type like Streete quite well. I watched Dutch players go to Everton in the late 80s. A guy called Ray Atteveld (excuse spelling) who was technically excellent. But he wanted too much time and every few games got tackled leaving the defence really exposed. So our new guy needs to anticipate the rules are interpreted to allow more physical challenges and therefore sometimes you have to be 10% safer and go long.

If you translate some good comments from Maastrict fans they all wish him well. Most are indicating he's more of a ball playing centre half. As Warren has said we may need someone a bit more rough and tumble alongside him.

http://mvvfans.nl/forum/4-spelers-technische-staf/21-kjell-knops?start=45

I love how one comment literally translates as 'the physical violence of the lower leagues'(in England!):laugh:

Archived