onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yates staying (again!)

Duffy,Dodds and McGivern have all disappeared,so I suppose they've got to have a go at somebody?

Shame eh!?

The way I see it Tony, given all that's been said about Adam, he will be an asset in the dressing and on the pitch - especially for any youngsters who will be playing for us :D

Advert

Not over here they don't' date=' I'm not sure about in Blighty! Ah the days of delivering the advertiser through the mean streets of Tunstall in the 90's :laugh:[/quote']

I remember doing it in the early 60s, not the advertiser and not tunstall... twice a day for 6 days once on sunday... and collecting payments... couldnt buy a bag of sweets now for what we got paid then.

They certainly dont do it here, nearest shop to buy a paper is 12-15 miles away, when they have them.

Pick who you want out of the experienced players released or who were offered reduced terms as either squad or starting. I've not taken into account anyone whos said they are staying or not, but I'm assuming Yates and Brown will.

Neal

Yates

Dicko

Duffy

McGivern

Moore

Oconnor

Brown

Birchy

Dodds

AJ

My point is that whilst peoples opinions of them may vary, they are experienced league one players and its a big chunk of the squad and potential starting 11 to replace.

Are you not concerned that having advertised the fact we are offering players reduced terms that we then expect to go out and replace all these with better options and also expect them to gel together quickly. Thats if we can get new players in quickly enough too. Also there are clubs out there willing to pay more, even at a lower level. Thats why I think its a risky game Smurf claims to have been playing (which I just don't believe).

So out of those, 3 starters.

Brown hasnt left, neither has yates. What point are you trying to make other than we have had a good clear out which fans have called for over the last three years? Or is it another chance to moan?

So out of those, 3 starters.

Brown hasnt left, neither has yates. What point are you trying to make other than we have had a good clear out which fans have called for over the last three years? Or is it another chance to moan?

My point is that all of those are first team experienced players that are and have been good enough to start over the last season and before.

What we have left on the books is not a strong enough core, and then we have to be replacing all those that leave with better players if we are to progress, (again on a supposed reduced budget).

I'm not saying we shouldn't be getting rid of players, of course we have to get rid of a few in key areas. Don't forget we weren't far off the play offs so its maybe not as much of a change we need. But you must have your head in the sand if you think getting rid of half the squad in one go is a good idea, and then hope we will replace all of those with better and equally experienced players on a reduced budget. Realistically I don't see how we are going to be bettering players like O'connor, Dicko, Dodds, AJ for instance under our current circumstances. Its easy for fans on here to have their personal favourites and scapegoats, but its naive to automatically assume a club in our position can just go out and replace them with better lads. Wholesale changes on such a scale don't usually work.

Some fans have such an unrealistic outlook about the players and how easy it would be to replace the ones they don't like. Especially in the adverse circumstances we now find ourselves in. I'm concerned about what is happening with no manager yet, a chairman who wants to sell the club, who has come out with some horrendous comments this last week about plotting to dismantle a squad that in the main did well last year and pre-season a couple of weeks away.

Unfortunately what's done is done and we must go from where we are. Unfortunately we are left with a number of "supporters" who delight in mindless abuse of our current players. Constructive criticism should always be welcome but the inarticulate oafs who dismiss seasoned professional players as "garbage" are not.

My point is that all of those are first team experienced players that are and have been good enough to start over the last season and before.

What we have left on the books is not a strong enough core, and then we have to be replacing all those that leave with better players if we are to progress, (again on a supposed reduced budget).

I'm not saying we shouldn't be getting rid of players, of course we have to get rid of a few in key areas. Don't forget we weren't far off the play offs so its maybe not as much of a change we need. But you must have your head in the sand if you think getting rid of half the squad in one go is a good idea, and then hope we will replace all of those with better and equally experienced players on a reduced budget. Realistically I don't see how we are going to be bettering players like O'connor, Dicko, Dodds, AJ for instance under our current circumstances. Its easy for fans on here to have their personal favourites and scapegoats, but its naive to automatically assume a club in our position can just go out and replace them with better lads. Wholesale changes on such a scale don't usually work.

Some fans have such an unrealistic outlook about the players and how easy it would be to replace the ones they don't like. Especially in the adverse circumstances we now find ourselves in. I'm concerned about what is happening with no manager yet, a chairman who wants to sell the club, who has come out with some horrendous comments this last week about plotting to dismantle a squad that in the main did well last year and pre-season a couple of weeks away.

I agree largely with what you say (and Norman's outpourings are bizarrre). However we weren't really anywhere near the playoffs in the end.

I agree largely with what you say (and Norman's outpourings are bizarrre). However we weren't really anywhere near the playoffs in the end.

True at the end we weren't. But I didn't think that with 5 or 6 games to go we'd be within such a close distance of getting there. We did fall apart at the wrong times. But a few good signing this summer coupled with the core of last seasons squad and I saw us pushing on. The situation is what it is, I just hope the new bloke can get in the players he wants.

July 9th, 3wks, no manager, not a full team, hardly time to gel... but we are VALE we are used to these problems. but i'm staying away from cats, ladders, and mirrors...

July 1st the players start back.

Archived