onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yates staying (again!)

Maybe O'Connor is sick to the back teeth of this chairman and his pathetic manipulative games. Maybe O'Connor doesn't want to work for a chairman who has proudly admitted that he's shafted his (ex) teammates.

I don't think he'll find much difference in Karl Oyston. He's a lunatic aswell to be fair.

Advert

O'Connor is flirting with a move to two league 2 clubs including Blackpool. Shows how desperate he is for the money. Vale should up their offer to try and get him to stay.Smurf stonewalling things is stupid. He was one of our best players.

I cant agree - unless he signs for roughly what he has been on for the last 2 seasons, he is a good player but not a great one and had only a fair season last time. No big rise for him.

I rarely feel he has given his absolute all, even though many performances are slightly better than satisfactory.

His potential ability plus the loyalty and enthusiasm of Yatesy would be a great combination.

Having said what I did about Yatesy, I feel that in Okeys case it might be better for club and player to move on, thanks for what you did for us, and no bad feelings but lets leave it there.

Why would any of last years players sign for the Vale when the Chairman has said openly he wants all those who have been offered contracts, with the exception of Doddsy, to leave the club.

Crazy!

Maybe O'Connor is sick to the back teeth of this chairman and his pathetic manipulative games. Maybe O'Connor doesn't want to work for a chairman who has proudly admitted that he's shafted his (ex) teammates.

Well now Bon'Ami there will always be more than just what Smurf is saying and doing :yes:

As we all know Michael has not enjoyed the best of Season 15/16 - pre-season and new year injuries; losing his place for a period of time in the 1st team; and his own admission the travel to and from Lincolnshire was getting him down plus, if my ageing memory still serves me well, Michael has made it known long before now that he would look at any offers from other 'Clubs.

As I have previously stated for RP, Michael's first loyalty is to himself and his family but, as I see it, he does himself no favours in saying he wants to be closure to home for employment then moves further away from Lincolnshire.

Still, whatever happens and why it is not, in my opinion simply a case what Smurf is doing or saying.

Smurfs plan was to get rid so it cant make sense to him.... can it?

No, his plan was to generate more funds to the incoming manager, if all players signed on reduced terms i am sure he wouldnt have been too upset as we would have had a squad and more cash for a new manager.

It says it all when none of our players have A) been chased by Page and B) left for a better club.

No, his plan was to generate more funds to the incoming manager, if all players signed on reduced terms i am sure he wouldnt have been too upset as we would have had a squad and more cash for a new manager.

It says it all when none of our players have A) been chased by Page and B) left for a better club.

I don't see how its a great plan when it leaves us with half a squad to buy and gel. Wholesale changes are not the way to go. But we're now stuck in that situation.

The point about them not being chased by Page may not be a reflection on Pages opinion of those players, he may already have players under contract at Northampton in those positions.

A lot of players dont leave for a better club... just a bigger pay packet

I don't see how its a great plan when it leaves us with half a squad to buy and gel. Wholesale changes are not the way to go. But we're now stuck in that situation.

The point about them not being chased by Page may not be a reflection on Pages opinion of those players, he may already have players under contract at Northampton in those positions.

I dont think there was a plan, its just a story to take the edge off... incompetence?

Just remind me who out of the starting 11 is half the squad? Or did you mean the squad fillers have left?

Archived