onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

RIP Muhammad Ali

Advert

A real sporting hero, and someone who history will remember - his stance on Vietnam and his name change to Mohammad Ali were both very brave things to do in 60s USA. May he rest in peace.

There's not a lot you can add to that.

Legend

I met him once, many years ago, on a book signing thing in Birmingham.

Giant of a man... not just in stature.

I remember when he was on "This is your Life" and he asked andrews if they had found his bike.

With a tear in my eye I bid farewell to my hero

Probably the most famous sportsman of all time.

I don't think anyone had ever seen anyone like him before when he appeared on the scene in the sixties. A heavyweight boxer who was handsome, fast on his feet and very articulate and entertaining. A real showman who transformed the sport and was adored by all.

We won't see the likes of him again.

It's a tragic end that he passed away as a result of his boxing career that had made him so famous.

A bit of a show off, brash, outspoken, but also charming, kind, and generous with his time.

The example he set for black Americans struggling to achieve equal rights was just as important as his boxing career.

I guess it's no exaggeration to say that he was one of the most well known people in the world.

He transcended sport and, in my lifetime, really was 'the greatest'.

A very sad day.

Absolutely, a true sporting legend. Re-wrote the rule book.

p.s. just tweaked the thread title to "RIP Mohammad Ali" hope that's OK.

think i have spelt his name correct mate, its the same on his wiki, twitter and official site.

There's no words that could summarise my opinions and respect for the man in a succinct manner. An excellent human being and the supreme entertainer, the champion of everyman. I knew this day was coming but I still feel sad about it, which is very weird as I never met him (unlike the very lucky geosname) and it seems odd to have a fairly strong emotional attachment to a remote person. Maybe that's the measure of the man because he seems to have had that effect on many people.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3[/ATTACH]

RIP to probably the greatest boxer that will exist in my life time and a amazing human being. Its so sad death has to steal such legends from the world.

Not just the Greatest boxer, I doubt the U.S. would now have a black president had it not been for the stance Ali took on black rights in 1960's America.

RIP Muhammed a true legend and one off when the terms are over used.

Archived