Duffy to Eastleigh!

valiant_593

Advert:

We're slowly clearing out the old mates club who were hanging around the club like a bad smell and starting afresh. We were starting to go stale and I'm excited about who we are going to bring in.

I think it could either way to be honest.

The counter argument is that a better way would be sensibly adding to the existing squad (which got us to mid-table) rather than losing lots of your players (and manager) and starting again. Arguably all great club spells are build on continuity - by having a manager and players in place for some time, not chopping and changing all the time.

One of the things Page and the players (Grant at the POTY awards, for example) kept talking about was the attitude and commitment of the current squad. How they all got on with it and did their best for the manager. I think that's a factor to consider too.

I remember a lot of fans being excited and delighted at Martin Foyle's clear-out and host of new faces. They didn't gel and we promptly got relegated.

Now, the above fears may be totally wrong and a host of exciting new faces could see us surge up the league and do far better than last season's squad. As a fan I would dearly wish that to happen, but I think it's going to be one extreme or the other - we either shock the bookies and do really well or we fall apart a la Foyle's last season.

I think that's pretty spot on....

Only the sentiment in me wanted Doddsy to stay as I think loyalty deserves reward, but on the flip side I'm not devastated he's left.

At least the new manager won't be stuck with too many players he doesn't want.

Norman has been known to fund extra players after saying the jar is empty, maybe we offered what they were worth (or what he thought they were worth as squad players) and they can squeeze a bit more money out of another club elsewhere, which I don't blame them for.

The team had gone a bit stale for me, the retained list had been slaughtered for the last 2 years actually. The players that have left played in a team that was thumped both 4 nil and 5 nil at home last season, were dreadful away from home all season and guided by a manager who has also only moved sideways.

In a couple of weeks when we have a new manager and some new players signed up we'll all feel better trust me.

Exciting times ahead............. potentially!

Was it Doddsy loyalty or was it that no one ever came in for him until now?

People seem to think we can just pluck good players out of thin air it's not that simple, the reality is the too league one players will have 3/4 clubs after them and they'll all offer more money than us

Advert:

If so called average players like Dodds and Duffy don't want to play for us then why would good players?

they wont / dont want to, just a lot of deluded ******'s on here still think smurf will come up with the goods

Advert:

I think it has to be asked just how little these contract offers are because the impression to me is that they are financially completely uncompetitive. Smurf can afford better than this but I think as he cannot sell the club, lining his pockets by not spending a la Oysons is the next best thing for him.

I think it has to be asked just how little these contract offers are because the impression to me is that they are financially completely uncompetitive. Smurf can afford better than this but I think as he cannot sell the club, lining his pockets by not spending a la Oysons is the next best thing for him.

how dare you say this about the so called 'great saviour' of our club norman smurfwaite.

im glad some people can see what's he's doing.

Too right we would have done better with him (and Marshall) last season.

We never had a proper target man who could hold up the ball, get on the end of crosses and lead by example. He was another 100% player, like Doddsy, who we very badly missed.

His aerial ability was never remotely replaced. Uche was useless in the air, as was Theo.

AJ wasn't a like for like replacement for Pope. He replaced Williamson and let's be honest, AJ exceeded everyone's expectations, included probably Page's. He wasn't an automatic choice to begin with. I wonder if he'll be off to link up with Dodds at Crewe?

Advert:

Archived