onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Duffy to Eastleigh!

valiant_593

smurf must have this etc blah blah, give it a rest for ***** sake. the guy's got no long term plan - and his long term plan is not caring, some of you need a serious reality check if you think what's happening right now is going to be easily replaced.

Why would he not care?

He's pumped a load of money and wasted 4 years of his life for a laugh has he?

I think his plan all along was to not interfere in the football side but by giving page a crap

Budget it means he can indirectly get rid of the overpaid ***** we've had on our books for years that will never take our club anywhere

If it comes to August and our squad is crap and we've got a no mark manager in place, then you can wet yourself all you like. Until then let's see what happens?

Advert

I've always been a fan.

His issue was that he wasn't played alongside a big lad often enough. On the floor he is a good centre half.

The fact we've lost him to Eastleigh is indicative of the state of the club.

Smurf out.

No its not at all. Theyre loaded and if they want to sign a very average player at best then they can be my guest. Hated his attitude and to be honest didnt think he was the best

smurf must have this etc blah blah, give it a rest for ***** sake. the guy's got no long term plan - and his long term plan is not caring, some of you need a serious reality check if you think what's happening right now is going to be easily replaced.

Sorry you see it your way. We are Vale fans trying the best for the Club and although you and some others appear to believe doom and gloom are the flavour of the moment please allow me and many others posting on here to have faith UNTIL the end of the world takes place.

Why would he not care?

He's pumped a load of money and wasted 4 years of his life for a laugh has he?

I think his plan all along was to not interfere in the football side but by giving page a crap

Budget it means he can indirectly get rid of the overpaid ***** we've had on our books for years that will never take our club anywhere

If it comes to August and our squad is crap and we've got a no mark manager in place, then you can wet yourself all you like. Until then let's see what happens?

if your happy with what weve got at our club - a joke, that's fair enough.

im not sitting around and 'waiting' why should have to see what happens.

Page gone, he was not good enough.

McGivern gone, he was not good enough.

Dodds gone, he was not good enough.

O'Connor gone, he was not good enough.

Hopefully now Yates, Birchall, Duffy(looks like Eastleigh)and Moore will follow, all not good enough.

We have players under contract that form the basis of a good squad for next campaign and armed with all the money saved from the overpaid ones our new manager will have a reasonable budget to get in the required numbers to make us a decent side.

I am not a happy clapper nor am I insane BUT I believe the master plan from Smurf is taking place! Get rid of all the deadwood and try and build a promotion seeking side on a budget that is inkeeping with maintaining our stable, solvent club.

For all the doubters and Richard Craniums I sincerely hope you come to understand what is needed nowadays for an owner to save and then rebuild a Club that not long ago was facing the unthinkable.

During the course of last season there were constant moans and gripes about Dodds, Duffy, O'Connor, Mc Givern etc etc and low and behold now that they are leaving some on here feel it necessary to still slate the Club for allowing such tragedies!

I am a supporter of Port Vale FC and want the best for them always. It sometimes takes drastic measures to awaken some into the real world. I would prefer to see improvements being attempted rather than finance the Vale into oblivion in the vain hope of reaching the Championship.

Smurf must have a business mind and he is learning now how to apply it to Football. Once we have a manager and players signed up we can then judge properly and logically if the strategy has worked. Until then I remain a Port Vale FC fan and will watch and support them , whoever is in charge or on the pitch. Smurf is not here to throw his money down the drain. For ALL his foibles he is in charge and I firmly believe that he is structuring a plan to take this Club forward, not backward. Love him or hate him. Believe him or distrust him. None of us know for certain what his long term plan is but I am one who is prepared to be very patient and allow time to set things correctly into place. The alternatives are go and watch the likes of Crewe, Colchester, etc etc and then compare your thoughts opposed to Vale.

KTF, I will.

I think that's pretty spot on....

Only the sentiment in me wanted Doddsy to stay as I think loyalty deserves reward, but on the flip side I'm not devastated he's left.

At least the new manager won't be stuck with too many players he doesn't want.

Norman has been known to fund extra players after saying the jar is empty, maybe we offered what they were worth (or what he thought they were worth as squad players) and they can squeeze a bit more money out of another club elsewhere, which I don't blame them for.

The team had gone a bit stale for me, the retained list had been slaughtered for the last 2 years actually. The players that have left played in a team that was thumped both 4 nil and 5 nil at home last season, were dreadful away from home all season and guided by a manager who has also only moved sideways.

In a couple of weeks when we have a new manager and some new players signed up we'll all feel better trust me.

Exciting times ahead............. potentially!

Yes please :)

The only ones in disappointed about are Neal (Page's fault) and O'Connor (logistical issues).

**** the rest in the nicest possible way, Andoh aside.

Neal who's so good Bury didn't want him and he ended up at th e very nearly relegated Fleetwood? No loss at all

Only the sentiment in me wanted Doddsy to stay as I think loyalty deserves reward, but on the flip side I'm not devastated he's left.

Norman has been known to fund extra players after saying the jar is empty, maybe we offered what they were worth (or what he thought they were worth as squad players) and they can squeeze a bit more money out of another club elsewhere, which I don't blame them for.

The team had gone a bit stale for me, the retained list had been slaughtered for the last 2 years actually. The players that have left played in a team that was thumped both 4 nil and 5 nil at home last season, were dreadful away from home all season and guided by a manager who has also only moved sideways.

In a couple of weeks when we have a new manager and some new players signed up we'll all feel better trust me.

Pretty much sums it up well imo.

Most on here would have had Dodds and Duffy on their released list in the last 2 years and o Connor was never going to sign.

We're slowly clearing out the old mates club who were hanging around the club like a bad smell and starting afresh. We were starting to go stale and I'm excited about who we are going to bring in.

We're slowly clearing out the old mates club who were hanging around the club like a bad smell and starting afresh. We were starting to go stale and I'm excited about who we are going to bring in.

I think it could either way to be honest.

The counter argument is that a better way would be sensibly adding to the existing squad (which got us to mid-table) rather than losing lots of your players (and manager) and starting again. Arguably all great club spells are build on continuity - by having a manager and players in place for some time, not chopping and changing all the time.

One of the things Page and the players (Grant at the POTY awards, for example) kept talking about was the attitude and commitment of the current squad. How they all got on with it and did their best for the manager. I think that's a factor to consider too.

I remember a lot of fans being excited and delighted at Martin Foyle's clear-out and host of new faces. They didn't gel and we promptly got relegated.

Now, the above fears may be totally wrong and a host of exciting new faces could see us surge up the league and do far better than last season's squad. As a fan I would dearly wish that to happen, but I think it's going to be one extreme or the other - we either shock the bookies and do really well or we fall apart a la Foyle's last season.

Was it Doddsy loyalty or was it that no one ever came in for him until now?

Archived