onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why has the club gone so quiet

jeff1966

Advert

Does anyone no if the ticket office open this weekend as it's bank holiday you would think they would let us no

Really, they wouldn't. They'd struggle to work a computer.

I called last week about renewing mine and they quoted the cost in shillings.

Smurf is in one of these catch 22 situations. Damned if he does not say anything and then damned if he does.

Would rather Smurf takes his time and appoint the best manager he can afford. Just hope it is an experienced manager to move our great club forward rather than someone with no experience as they are the cheap option.

Smurf could get some good PR by expending the ST deadline a few weeks while he sorts out the manager situation. At least that would tell the fans he is sorting out the manager and backroom staff and he understands why fans are not buying season tickets yet.

Smurf is being professional, fair and courteous to himself and to anyone he or Vale are in talks with over the Vale managers position by keeping quiet/keeping his cards close to his chest. If Smurf started telling the world who he's in talks with the situation would soon go "t*ts up" for everyone concerned.

Smurf is being professional,

While (Nero) Smurf fiddles, (Rome burns down) Vale runs down.

Other clubs are strengthening their squads in order to better last seasons efforts.

Fleetwood have now made five new signings including on a free transfer one of the best goalie's in L1 - Chris Neal.

They narrowly escaped relegation but seem to have aspirations to finish higher up the league this coming season.

What aspirations has Smurf for Port Vale?

At the moment it looks likes we're on the road to nowhere - or may be L2?

Smurf is in one of these catch 22 situations. Damned if he does not say anything and then damned if he does.

Would rather Smurf takes his time and appoint the best manager he can afford. Just hope it is an experienced manager to move our great club forward rather than someone with no experience as they are the cheap option.

Smurf could get some good PR by expending the ST deadline a few weeks while he sorts out the manager situation. At least that would tell the fans he is sorting out the manager and backroom staff and he understands why fans are not buying season tickets yet.

The thread, as far as I see it, relates to communication from the club in general, not just about the manager. They can still communicate with the fans whilst taking their time to appoint the right person. I don't think people are demanding to know who we're targeting and where we're up to with negotiations etc. I posted yesterday about the lack of tweets from the club in comparison to other clubs. We're supposed to be heavily reliant on season ticket sales next season, we're a few days away from the cut off to the discounted tickets (I agree that should be extended by the way), and yet the silence from the club is deafening.

Again though, the thread refers to the club, not just Smurf. Whoever manages our social media / website should have a clear plan in place. At least one post on all online platforms per day, minimum. The tone should always be positive, and every attempt should be made to keep fans as informed as possible. Note the words, as informed as possible. That doesn't mean tell us things they're not able to, simply provide a positive message that demonstrates that the club is at least awake. Something is happening behind those doors, anything. Responses such as, you'll be told when there's something to tell, are lazy. it gives a poor view of the club and gives fans the impression that the club simply doesn't care about them.

The thread, as far as I see it, relates to communication from the club in general, not just about the manager. They can still communicate with the fans whilst taking their time to appoint the right person. I don't think people are demanding to know who we're targeting and where we're up to with negotiations etc. I posted yesterday about the lack of tweets from the club in comparison to other clubs. We're supposed to be heavily reliant on season ticket sales next season, we're a few days away from the cut off to the discounted tickets (I agree that should be extended by the way), and yet the silence from the club is deafening.

Again though, the thread refers to the club, not just Smurf. Whoever manages our social media / website should have a clear plan in place. At least one post on all online platforms per day, minimum. The tone should always be positive, and every attempt should be made to keep fans as informed as possible. Note the words, as informed as possible. That doesn't mean tell us things they're not able to, simply provide a positive message that demonstrates that the club is at least awake. Something is happening behind those doors, anything. Responses such as, you'll be told when there's something to tell, are lazy. it gives a poor view of the club and gives fans the impression that the club simply doesn't care about them.

Does the club get any benefit from the number of "hits" related to ads?

Does the club get any benefit from the number of "hits" related to ads?

I'm not sure on that one. All I know is that updating the website and other social media pages is an extremely cheap way of advertising our own products (season tickets). We have over 24,000 people following Vale on twitter, (which is small in comparison to other clubs) and over 44,000 that have liked our page on facebook. Updating those sites on a daily basis should be the absolute minimum we're doing, especially in the run up to the season ticket discount deadline. At best it could generate more sales, at worst it won't, but even then we'd at least look a much busier smarter outfit.

All this "I'm waiting to see who the next manager is" stuff frustrates me.

I wonder how many who were sad to see Page do one were queueing up to buy their ST because he was appointed manager in the first place.

Been up to get mine this afternoon as personally I think we get who we get, regardless of whether I got my ticket or not.

If I was Smurf I'd appoint a real favourite the day after discounted offer ends.....

While (Nero) Smurf fiddles, (Rome burns down) Vale runs down.

Other clubs are strengthening their squads in order to better last seasons efforts.

Fleetwood have now made five new signings including on a free transfer one of the best goalie's in L1 - Chris Neal.

They narrowly escaped relegation but seem to have aspirations to finish higher up the league this coming season.

What aspirations has Smurf for Port Vale?

At the moment it looks likes we're on the road to nowhere - or may be L2?

Page said we wouldn't be signing anyone until contracts were accepted or not and we knew our budget. That's a month away still. Lots of teams change manager at this point in the year. Let's not sh*t ourselves.

True supporters don't need a reason to buy season tickets. Most have already done so and the others will buy in the next few days. I do hope Norman takes all the time he needs to appoint a new manager. I agree that there is a need for positive news coming out of the club on a daily basis and thank OVF and the Sentinel for filling the gap.

As a potential manager - If you had the amount of offers still on the table with significantly reduced terms for most of the players... Coming in as a promising manager with a degree of certainty from the club your potentially coming from... Would you take the leap of faith?? It may be very hard too I would think - set up to fail?

True supporters don't need a reason to buy season tickets. Most have already done so and the others will buy in the next few days. I do hope Norman takes all the time he needs to appoint a new manager. I agree that there is a need for positive news coming out of the club on a daily basis and thank OVF and the Sentinel for filling the gap.

Yawn.. True supporters blah blah blah

Archived