onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

boltonsno1

Didn't look good yesterday. He's been good since coming back in to the team at the start of April in my opinion

Think he needs to knuckle down and accept he is a lower league player with potential and get his attitude right and things will start to look up for him.

Advert

For me the biggest conundrum is Andoh. On this season's form he's a no brainer but I've heard that he may not be fit until October. When he is fit we do not know what effect this injury will have on him so what do we do? Offer him a deal until Christmas to see if he proves he's as good as ever but risk losing him then? Offer him 12 months knowing we will likely only get 6 or 7 moths of playing time from him? Assume he will be back to his best and give him 2 years? I think this is the most difficult decision of the lot.

I think that's my thoughts too stupers.

I suspect O'Connor will go but the club will go through the motions of offering a deal.

If we do lose O'Connor, Neal and McGivern that's probably three of the bigger wages off the books which will help with the reduced budget.

My thoughts exactly, I wouldn't even go through the motions of trying to re sign O'Connor.

I would hope we sign up Andoh, Dodds, Dicko maybe Duffy and that's it for me clear out the rest and look for two commanding defenders a midfield player who has goals to his game and a winger and a forward. Then depending on the budget constraints see what promising loan players we can bring in.

Think he needs to knuckle down and accept he is a lower league player with potential and get his attitude right and things will start to look up for him.

I have been disappointed in Streete. He is poor in the air and has no pace but is decent with the ball at his feet. Maybe needs a commanding centre back alongside him in the Innes mold.

For me the biggest conundrum is Andoh. On this season's form he's a no brainer but I've heard that he may not be fit until October. When he is fit we do not know what effect this injury will have on him so what do we do? Offer him a deal until Christmas to see if he proves he's as good as ever but risk losing him then? Offer him 12 months knowing we will likely only get 6 or 7 moths of playing time from him? Assume he will be back to his best and give him 2 years? I think this is the most difficult decision of the lot.

I agree, BUT which other Club is going to take a chance on him when he's not yet fit and/or able to prove his worth? Not many would take a player who effectively only came good last season. I hope we give him time to show his fitness and ability and he/agent appreciate what we are doing for him. With him back to his best we would have had a better finish to this campaign, no question.

May be reading too much into this but not having Dicko or MoC on the new kit images might suggest they could be leaving. Dodds was featured and is out of contract so would suggest he'll be staying. I won't be too upset to loose either as they're quite big earners and prefer foley / grant in the middle. Think we can get a better Lb and make foley / grant / Duffy captain.

I keep changing my mind on a few players but I would release of the first team squad:

Yates, Birchall, Johnson, Campion, Daniel, McGivern, O'Connor (unless he gets his head on), Robinson, Moore and Neal (sadly).

And offer the following new contracts:

Duffy (but not necessarily as a nailed on first choice), Dickinson, Dodds, Andoh, Ajay, Brown (as backup)

I have a feeling though that a few off the first list will get offered something so then it will depend if they're willing to take the pay cuts.

I keep changing my mind on a few players but I would release of the first team squad:

Yates, Birchall, Johnson, Campion, Daniel, McGivern, O'Connor (unless he gets his head on), Robinson, Moore and Neal (sadly).

And offer the following new contracts:

Duffy (but not necessarily as a nailed on first choice), Dickinson, Dodds, Andoh, Ajay, Brown (as backup)

I have a feeling though that a few off the first list will get offered something so then it will depend if they're willing to take the pay cuts.

Hard to argue with that.

People moan but for me and the wage he is on an offer to Yates is a sensible thing to do as he is back up for right and left back and i know this wont be popular but i would sooner see McGivern stay than Duffy

I just think it's a waste of a wage. Yesterday when Yaes came on he looked way out of his depth, was caught out of position and gave the ball away. We need to be more ruthless than last seasons 'cull'

Dickinson, Dodds, Andoh & AJ for me. Wouldn't be terrible if we had Duffy as well for backup I guess, but we need better in the first 11.

Need to clear out the rest, the members of the team currently under contract along with those 4 retained is a good start for a play-off team I reckon, but we need real quality added to it to actually make the top 6, otherwise I think we'll just fall short & end up in the same position as this season.

I think Andoh has to be offered a year to hopefully give him enough time to get back from the injury and then prove he hasn't lost anything ability wise. Thats a no brainer.

I also think the more experience squad members like Yates, Duffy and Birchall shouldn't be offered one. That could leave room for another centre half to come in and its also relying on the fact the Nathan Smith is close to being picked too.

we need more pace all over the pitch, if the squad is going to be a lot smaller we need players who can play over 30 games, can we afford to take risks on inniss and streete as our main defenders as they both look like they cant play more than a handful of games before getting injured, grant needs to cut the silly yellow cards down we need him on the pitch not watching from the stands

May be reading too much into this but not having Dicko or MoC on the new kit images might suggest they could be leaving.

I don't think so. I think it's merely a case of picking three under contract players rather than any who not only could potentially be released but could also reject contract offers.

It would look a bit rubbish if say, Michael O'Connor was in the kit photo and a week later he leaves to join another club.

Having said that - surely Dodds is a done deal if he's in the photo.

Archived