onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Arsene Wenger blames the fans

Twitters

Advert

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36172291

Apparently it's the fans fault they didn't win the title!!!

What a complete and utter patronising arsehole. Completely overrated as a manager and driven by his own overinflated ego rather than the best interests of the club.

How do you know he is wrong ? He led Arsenal through a whole season of league games undefeated not long ago, qualified for the Champions League for 116 years running, and knows just a little more than you about football - and you're one of the last people on here to talk about the overinflated ego's of others.

How do you know he is wrong ? He led Arsenal through a whole season of league games undefeated not long ago, qualified for the Champions League for 116 years running, and knows just a little more than you about football - and you're one of the last people on here to talk about the overinflated ego's of others.

Not long ago?! That was 12 years ago when he could still rely on Keown leading the defence, one of the last players from the George Graham era. As soon as he lost that spine of Adams, Keown etc in defence he's not won a title. In those 12 years since Arsenal have plodded along not winning much apart from the odd FA Cup while his rivals have marched on ahead of him. He refuses to sign the players everyone knows they need, instead bringing in players at the back not good enough to be in a title winning side.

Because he plays some nice tippy tappy football he gets all the plaudits from neutrals. But the fact is that he's had several good chances to win the title and they've choked. Blaming it on the fans is the sign of a desperate man.

I imagine practically every team in the world would like to 'plod along' finishing in the top 4, winning the FA Cup twice in the last 3 years and qualifying for the champions league for a record number of consecutive seasons (or something like that. I don't really care). I like Wenger though. His Arsenal team have played some of the most delightful and entertaining football that I've ever seen. I have read the article attached to your link and can't find anything where he 'blames the fans'. You say he's overrated; name 3 better Premiership managers than him in the last 20 years.

Oh dear Twitter, i know you don't like Wenger and Arsenal, but this really is embarrassing. Yes, Arsenal should be winning the title more than they have been doing, and yes Wenger is one stubborn man, but to say he's overrated as a manager makes you sound rather daft. Year after year, players leave, through mainly greed, and yet, they still manage to finish top 4 and challenge for silverware. He's still won more in the last 3 seasons, than most managers could dream of, and even now you still don't give Wenger credit for the GOLD Premier League trophy they won for going unbeaten through an entire league season.

This season, was a missed chance for Arsenal to win the league, but Spurs, Man City and Man Utd could also say the same thing.

Wenger will eventually move upstairs, and will defo get a key to the city for what he has done at Arsenal and how he changed the Premier league for the good.

Obviously Wenger has lost some of the fans now, so id love Simone or Lowe to be Arsenals next manager if Wenger decided enough enough. COYG.

I imagine practically every team in the world would like to 'plod along' finishing in the top 4, winning the FA Cup twice in the last 3 years and qualifying for the champions league for a record number of consecutive seasons (or something like that. I don't really care). I like Wenger though. His Arsenal team have played some of the most delightful and entertaining football that I've ever seen. I have read the article attached to your link and can't find anything where he 'blames the fans'. You say he's overrated; name 3 better Premiership managers than him in the last 20 years.

You've just proved my point somewhat. Neutrals fall for the nice football that he plays, but unlike Barcelona the nice football Arsenal apparently play doesn't result in them winning leagues. As for naming 3 managers better than Wenger in the last 20 years, that's dead easy. Ferguson, Mourinho and Ranieri.

The Mirror and the Telegraph have both run with the headline that he's blamed the fans.

Totally agree with Twitters. I said it about 7 or 8 years ago that Arsenal will not win the league or Champions League under Wenger again, great coach but clueless when it comes to tactics and won the league on the back end of having a great defence built by Graham. Quite a few Arsenal fans I know have said they will not be renewing their season tickets if Wenger remains.

LOL @ Ranieri. 1 good season makes you better than Mr Wenger.Hahahaha. Oh Twitter.

I actually disagree with Twitters on Arsene being overrated but for you to say Ranieri has had one good season is just as ridiculous!!

First season Claudio joined Chelsea he got them into the top 4 despite signing no players. Without this Abramovich may never have bought the club as he wanted a club with champions league. The next season he finished 2nd, only to Arsenals invincibles. He has had success at most clubs he has managed and anyone who knows anything about his record will see that he is certainly a great manager. Leicesters success this season just emphasises that fact.

Twitters, if Arsene canont take the credit for an invincible season then how come George Graham never achieved it with this brilliant defence he made??

I don't know if he's 'great' and I guess it depends on your definition of that word. However, and as good as I think Ranieri is, I don't think he belongs in the same class as Ferguson and Wenger.

If winning the league with a club the size of Leicester doesn't put you in the same class as Fergie and Wenger then the bloke has no chance.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/tv-destroyer-tinkerman-and-now-title-winner-inside-the-mind-of-claudio-ranieri/ar-BBsqnry?ocid=spartanntp

I found this a good read and it opened my eyes a little to how much the man has actually acheieved in football, and how respected he is elsewhere in Europe compared to here in England.

Archived