onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The true impact of SEO?

Stone Valiant

Chesterfield at home came after beating Bury away and QPR away. The crowd would naturally be higher after that.

2009/10 Rochdale at home was the very first game of the season. There were 85 more Vale fans there than there was today.

Advert

Hang on Twitters et al. no 10% is not a significant enough number and here's why:

It is the first gameweek and SEO is at its peak. What if we go on to win the next few games? That 10% will turn into 5% very quickly, and then 2% and then it won't even matter. SEO should have aimed for a 25% decrease MINIMUM today.

I reckon there were around 650 Crawley fans there today which would make the number of 'missing' Vale fans roughly equal to the number of STs not renewed.

The gate, though decent, was not brilliant and the 'missing' can not be ignored, on the other hand the attendance was nowhere near the 4,500 that some had been predicting over the last couple of weeks.

Hang on Twitters et al. no 10% is not a significant enough number and here's why:

It is the first gameweek and SEO is at its peak. What if we go on to win the next few games? That 10% will turn into 5% very quickly, and then 2% and then it won't even matter. SEO should have aimed for a 25% decrease MINIMUM today.

Looks like Micky will be splashing the cash soon,don't you think.?:shifty:

I'd be inclined to know the number of people who failed to turn out not because of the current board, not SEO but genuinely because they cannot afford it or because the season ticket is an expense they can do without.

That will account for a couple of hundred I'd imagine.

10% is not a great number?

Would you like your pay cut by 10%?[/quote

it happens, business's sustain far greater margins and still survive comfortably, and this is after one game so how can it be claimed the SEO is working after one ******* game?

Now answer the question.

Would you like your pay cut by 10% after all its not a great number is it?

It's not, I was working today and gutted to nit be able to attend.

My last game was February but I decided that much as I want the board out I was cutting my nose off to spite my face.

I hope something gives sooner or later, as it's horrible to see our own at each others throats.

I want the board to step down, remove the 24.9% rule and get a real investor in with a vision.

I respect those for making their stance, I couldn't do it but it doesn't make them any less of a supporter. People handle things differently and people need to respect that.

That 10% are sorely missed not only financially but vocally too. SEO, B&G or otherwise they're all the heartbeat of the club.

Two men can resolve this whole debacle by stepping down

Great post, Nodge.

10% = 500 fans = £10,000 in ticket sales plus any food purchased.

You tell me a business that is losing £300k a year that can afford to lose an additional £10k on it's core business?!

Only an idiot would say it wasn't significant.

10% = 500 fans = £10,000 in ticket sales plus any food purchased.

You tell me a business that is losing £300k a year that can afford to lose an additional £10k on it's core business?!

Only an idiot would say it wasn't significant.

I see you ignored my post.

Nice one.

What's your own position on going to games, Twitters? Sorry if you've already said that somewhere before but as someone who has been quite outspoken, I was quite surprised to see you had been there today -- again, I respect anyone's choice to go or to stay away.

Archived