onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hillsborough.

melv

Advert

I have read the 2 excerpts quoted in posts 142 and 155 also watched the "docu-drama" last night on tv. which really brought home the loss to the family's, tearfully especially when Mrs Hicks said "the girls are home" when the 2 coffins arrived at their house, anyone with children will understand. So having thought about this today I would like to apologies to everyone on this forum who have been following and taking part in this topic for my disbelieving drivel I've been posting...

God bless the 96 and the families...

I have read the 2 excerpts quoted in posts 142 and 155 also watched the "docu-drama" last night on tv. which really brought home the loss to the family's, tearfully especially when Mrs Hicks said "the girls are home" when the 2 coffins arrived at their house, anyone with children will understand. So having thought about this today I would like to apologies to everyone on this forum who have been following and taking part in this topic for my disbelieving drivel I've been posting...

God bless the 96 and the families...

So sad that the truth was kept from so many for so long, until it was exposed few believed it.

I can't believe some of the ignorant misguided comments in this thread. So many assumptions made about the Liverpool fans, "the surge that caused the deaths of the innocent at the front", "turning up late", "ticketless fans" etc etc.

Massive assumptions, without any firm knowledge of the facts. Assumptions about ticketless fans have been justified on here with "there must have been". So because you believe there must have been, does that make it fact? Did you bother to find out the truth about when tickets were being sold until? There were tickets available, for the leppings lane end, to purchase right up until the day before the match. There were "plenty" available, according to reports from Liverpool.

Then the assumption that only those at the front died due to fans "surging" through the gates once they were opened. Did you know that a large number of those that died, entered through those gates when they were opened? Were they to blame for their own deaths?

I've seen comments (again, assumptions) that people were jumping over into different pens, pens that they mustn't have had tickets for. If you had a ticket for the leppings lane end on that day, you could have gone in any pen.

Others have already touched on the issue around capacity and fans apparently turning up late. But like Jacko51 says, at the time when the disaster unfolded, there were less fans inside the leppings lane end, than tickets sold. That's a huge point, that for me, clearly refutes any kind of notion that ticketless fans were to blame. I make the point again, because Jacko has mentioned it on more than one occasion, yet the argument has still persisted from those whose minds are already made up. Evidence to the contrary, simply isn't registering with these people.

The lack of control from Duckenfield was a disgrace. Not setting up cordons, not delaying kick off, not knowing the layout of the ground to understand the natural flow of fans from turnstile to stand, not noticing the stands were at capacity when he ordered the gates open, not shutting the tunnel gates and filtering fans to the left and right pens...then lying to Graham Kelly about fans forcing the gates open.

Paul Middup should face the music, for his concerted effort to fabricate the truth and lead a smear campaign to deflect blame on to the fans. That man is an absolute disgrace, still to this day he peddles the same arrogant views. So much so that he re-iterated them again at the latest inquest. Disgusting excuse of a man.

Sheffield Wednesday and the FA need to be held responsible also. They knew previous issues with crushing at leppings lane, yet they did absolutely nothing to address the issues and prevent this disaster occurring. It was predictable, and it should have been prevented.

Archived