onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 4 : 1 Rochdale - Post Match Comments

Aussie Rules

Excellent game in which Rochdale played their part.I must admit that my head dropped when I heard that Theo was playing but I was glad to be proved wrong,his partnership with JJ was outstanding.

We are going in the right direction.

correct me if I'm wrong but has theo ever had a pre-season in the last 18 months with his moving about.

Advert

Superb performance from all concerned. Purkiss was fantastic! Streete looked really comfortable on the ball, the defence was sturdy and the top two were utter class. Who would have thought that with 2 games to go we still had a (admittedly tiny) chance of getting in to the play-offs? Certainly makes utter chumps out of the pillocks in the Page Out brigade. I hope we can keep hold of him...

Oh yeah, why was Brown kicking off when we got the first penalty? And was that Andy Porter with the kids at half-time?

2.00pm - Not going the game, couldn't be bothered.

2.15pm - Decided to go afterall.

2.55pm - Heard the team selection, wasn't that impressed.

3.45pm - Not bad.

4.50pm - Left ground with a huge grin on my face, Brilliant 2nd half.

5.00pm - Contemplating renewing my season ticket, still not 100% convinced for next season with Smurfs threats.

2.00pm - Not going the game, couldn't be bothered.

2.15pm - Decided to go afterall.

2.55pm - Heard the team selection, wasn't that impressed.

3.45pm - Not bad.

4.50pm - Left ground with a huge grin on my face, Brilliant 2nd half.

5.00pm - Contemplating renewing my season ticket, still not 100% convinced for next season with Smurfs threats.

get it renewed mate. we have a squad of about 33 players some who haven't even been close to the 1st team if page reduces the size of the squad to about 20 I'm sure we can still offer players good contracts on a reduced budget but if fans buy season tickets maybe the budget might not be as bad as we think. VTID

Timvalefan pretty much sums up my thoughts. Pagey needs to leave today's front two in the side for the last couple of games and see if today's great performance was a one off or a pairing that can cause damage next season.

I am seriously considering buying a season ticket for next season but we need Smurf to also help to keep the heart of this team together by backing the manager with a decent budget for next season. With a couple of signings in key positions we could make a serious challenge next season.

Brilliant performance .

We were a joy to watch second half so much excellence.

Robinson and JJ combined superbly throughout with Robinson scoring a superb goal.

Purkiss was like a steam train and O'connor Foley and Brown were as sharp as .

Everyone put in a shift and I hope RP can keep these players ,he has done a superb job and we r finishing the season superbly ☺☺

A very big well done to all those who represented us today if that doesn't sell season tickets nothing will .

I will get one on the basis of that what I've seen today and our general home performances have been more good than awful.

Rob Page deserves our support.

A big well done lad to him

UTV

get it renewed mate. we have a squad of about 33 players some who haven't even been close to the 1st team if page reduces the size of the squad to about 20 I'm sure we can still offer players good contracts on a reduced budget but if fans buy season tickets maybe the budget might not be as bad as we think. VTID

Don't want to detract from a terrific performance today but please could you tell me which 13 players you'd get rid of and still have a functioning squad and a credible youth policy? This 'get rid of the dead wood and let's just have a squad of 18 to 20' guff is getting really irritating.

Today's performance showed great promise, particularly when added to last week at Gillingham. 3-5-2 seems to suit our existing playing staff and show improved links with the strikers. Robinson and Hooper need more time together so should be our starting pair for the remaining games. The same applies to the back three- Streete certainly needs more game time. If we are building for the future, surely Boote needs a couple of games in goal. Nice to see Turner get his debut at 17, even if it was very brief. Overall a very good performance against a team which seemed to try the ref's end of season goodwill to the limit.

Superb performance from all concerned. Purkiss was fantastic! Streete looked really comfortable on the ball, the defence was sturdy and the top two were utter class. Who would have thought that with 2 games to go we still had a (admittedly tiny) chance of getting in to the play-offs? Certainly makes utter chumps out of the pillocks in the Page Out brigade. I hope we can keep hold of him...

Oh yeah, why was Brown kicking off when we got the first penalty? And was that Andy Porter with the kids at half-time?

Never noticed Browny kicking off but it was Goober with the kids.

It looked like Brown wanted their bloke sent off for the foul that caused the penalty.

We are SO CLOSE to being good enough to get out of this league!

We just need loads more to get season tickets then we could be in with a real good chance next season.Come on Vale fans IF you can afford a season ticket buy one.Forget about not liking Smurf or Page.Buy your season ticket support the Vale.

Archived