onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 4 : 1 Rochdale - Post Match Comments

Aussie Rules

Hooper is looking like a real prospect. Yesterday he was, by a country mile, the best player on the pitch and they could not cope with his power and pace. I'm delighted to see him keeping the ball a lot better than he did formerly and also showing better awareness as when he played in Robinson in the second half instead of going for goal himself. Those 2 things alone indicated to me that he's improving all the time. I thought he was excellent yesterday, for the full 90 minutes, and so pleased that he scored a deserved goal. He had a great game.

Kelly I remain to be convinced about. Yes, he has an eye for goal but still appears to shirk the physical side of the game and needs to bulk up more and compete better physically.

Like McGivern did yesterday when Andrew scored, Kelly backs off and off and gives his opponent too much time and space to look up with the ball. You should close players down and not drop off and watch them play. That's his biggest fault. He has ability but does he have the aggression and determination necessary when it's a 50:50 or when he hasn't got the ball?

Advert

Hooper is looking like a real prospect. Yesterday he was, by a country mile, the best player on the pitch and they could not cope with his power and pace. I'm delighted to see him keeping the ball a lot better than he did formerly and also showing better awareness as when he played in Robinson in the second half instead of going for goal himself. Those 2 things alone indicated to me that he's improving all the time. I thought he was excellent yesterday, for the full 90 minutes, and so pleased that he scored a deserved goal. He had a great game.

Kelly I remain to be convinced about. Yes, he has an eye for goal but still appears to shirk the physical side of the game and needs to bulk up more and compete better physically.

Like McGivern did yesterday when Andrew scored, Kelly backs off and off and gives his opponent too much time and space to look up with the ball. You should close players down and not drop off and watch them play. That's his biggest fault. He has ability but does he have the aggression and determination necessary when it's a 50:50 or when he hasn't got the ball?

We have to put it down to the coaching behind the scenes for the strikers. We are not in the market for instant improvements but have to pick up potential and put some polish on them. Hopefully Kelly will mature and his defensive skills will improve.

Alnwick and Streete mix-ups edited. To clarify my views on Purkiss, I didn't think he had a bad game, put a couple of good crosses in. Just felt there was a period at the start of the second half when he could have got a bit tighter to Mendez-Laing. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Yes, I go in through there now.

At the Bycars yesterday there were 2 turnstiles showing season tickets and only one for match day tickets. A queue of adults and kids with comps were at the match day turnstile so I asked the operator if I could go in through the season ticket turnstile and she kindly said no problem. Don't understand why we can't be told to use any turnstile. No searching either in Bycars.

At the Bycars yesterday there were 2 turnstiles showing season tickets and only one for match day tickets. A queue of adults and kids with comps were at the match day turnstile so I asked the operator if I could go in through the season ticket turnstile and she kindly said no problem. Don't understand why we can't be told to use any turnstile. No searching either in Bycars.
i go in the Bycars, I think season ticket holders can use any turnstile, I have used the match day one when there's been a big que at the st one, although as a superstition, I allways try to use the same one.yep and no searching either.

Hooper was excellent yesterday and caused them no end of problems. He seems to have a bit of everything, he's quick and he can also hold the ball up too. Also showed that he isn't greedy and creates for others but confident enough to take shots on himself too. The more he keeps improving the more of a prospect he looks for next season. As for kelly i was critical of him earlier on in the season for not doing is defensive duties and being lightweight, however i've seen improvement in him and he now seems to track back more often and i think the more gametime he gets the more stronger he'll get. Maybe not ready for regular starts yet but he's getting there.

Excellent performance. Looked in command for 75 of 90 minutes. Entertaining game after the first quarter. Chances well taken - Rochdale shot themselves in the feet a bit, but still need to put them away. Their goalie did well to prevent more. Formation looked promising. Hooper and Robinson looked potent up front. Hooper rapidly developing because I didn't think he looked ready when I first saw him at Burton, but now he looks a solid regular pick and likely to be play at Championship level or above eventually. I know the budget has been blown a bit this season, but without doubt this is a stronger team than last year and even if trimmed in 2016/17 should be ok at least.

Archived