Euro 2016

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In Brazil everyone is saying that this generation of the England team can win a major tournament, and can be one of the favorites for the 2018 World Cup

Think a lot of them have had a bit too much sunshine!

To be fair we have some very good players and on our day can beat anyone when we play well, as we did recently against Germany. But Hodgson doesn't seem to learn and keeps playing players out of their favoured position to accomodate his favourites, like Rooney.

His tactics for Vardy yesterday were just ridiculous and made him look every bit the lower league player he used to be.

Hodgson has really lost the plot big time, sack him and get Hoddle in now. Even on paper the team selection looks awkward, on the pitch it looks even worse, diabolical.

Think a lot of them have had a bit too much sunshine!

To be fair we have some very good players and on our day can beat anyone when we play well, as we did recently against Germany. But Hodgson doesn't seem to learn and keeps playing players out of their favoured position to accomodate his favourites, like Rooney.

His tactics for Vardy yesterday were just ridiculous and made him look every bit the lower league player he used to be.

I cant see England beating Germany in a full competitive match, can you.? Tbh, i cant see England beating Spain or even France either. I was quite confident in the Euros after storming qualifying, but now im not to sure you know. I know he's not had a very good season, but i think he needs to start Sterling from the off on the right, Kane in the middle and Rooney on the left of a front 3, with Ali just behind Kane.

I think his goal-scoring record for Liverpool shows that he's more 'up for it' much more often than not.

If he's fit enough to play a part he absolutely has to go as he's far too good a player to miss out.

No, it shows he has got quality when he is up,for it. What is his goal per every game whether he's playing or not. If someone is only going to play a third of your games, then you can't rely on him. There was a big game Liverpool played that gerrard had to convince him to play. He ended up scoring twice.

Advert:

• 2 weeks later...

England will struggle to beat Wales on that performance. I wanted Sterling to start last night, but my god he was woeful, as was Lallana. Every tournament we always fail. Good goal by Dier though.

England will struggle to beat Wales on that performance. I wanted Sterling to start last night, but my god he was woeful, as was Lallana. Every tournament we always fail. Good goal by Dier though.

Completely agree I think as I'm sure I said before Woy's tactics will kill any chance we have.

Kane taking corners, no use of Vardy, taking off arguably our best player all crackpot decisions.

Positives were Walker, Dier and Rooney for me.

Sterling is a joke.

Can't believe the amount of negativity around. England played extremely well for 75 minutes of the 90 and 4-1 would have been a deserved score line. The only thing that cost us was bad finishing, some bad luck and Roy Hodgson's substitutions. Vardy and Barkley should have come on for Kane (completely out of sorts) and Lallana as on the break they would have cut the Russian defence to ribbons in the last 15/20 minutes. Instead Hodgson showed his defensive and cautious mindset by not bringing on any of our outstanding forward players off the bench and cost is 2 much deserved points.

Hart 5

Walker 8

Smalling 7

Cahill 7

Rose 7

Dier 8

Rooney 7/8

Alli 7

Lallana 7

Sterling 5

Kane 5

Nonsense. If we play to the same level but actually take our chances we can beat Wales convincingly. Bale is obviously a big threat but he was poor yesterday despite his goal. Just need Kane to turn up and put in a Spurs like performance and have better subs on the day if we need them.

Can't believe the amount of negativity around. England played extremely well for 75 minutes of the 90 and 4-1 would have been a deserved score line. The only thing that cost us was bad finishing, some bad luck and Roy Hodgson's substitutions. Vardy and Barkley should have come on for Kane (completely out of sorts) and Lallana as on the break they would have cut the Russian defence to ribbons in the last 15/20 minutes. Instead Hodgson showed his defensive and cautious mindset by not bringing on any of our outstanding forward players off the bench and cost is 2 much deserved points.

Hart 5

Walker 8

Smalling 7

Cahill 7

Rose 7

Dier 8

Rooney 7/8

Alli 7

Lallana 7

Sterling 5

Kane 5

Sterling gets 5 for?

Advert:

He had no end product but his pace alone worried Russia, and we badly missed his pace when he went off and it wasn't replaced.

Oh in that case lets get Alan Wells and Linford Christie on Thursday!

He's a joke of a footballer who has thrown his career away for money and clearly shouldn't be in the squad let alone in the first team.

Roy is a clown and his loyalty to certain players will cost us once again.

Oh in that case lets get Alan Wells and Linford Christie on Thursday!

He's a joke of a footballer who has thrown his career away for money and clearly shouldn't be in the squad let alone in the first team.

Roy is a clown and his loyalty to certain players will cost us once again.

Being melodramatic has always been your thing.

Advert:

He had no end product but his pace alone worried Russia, and we badly missed his pace when he went off and it wasn't replaced.

He was rubbish and nothing worthwhile came from him all game. My better half is blaming the Brexit lot whose activities have reduced the value of Sterling.

But he never used his pace! Every time he got the ball in a dangerous position he bottled it. It was almost like he was scared of contact or being tackled and instead of driving on across his marker he took the easy option and backtracked. Very overrated player at every level. Ironically, his best period of the game was just before he was subbed.

Archived