Euro 2016

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we have the tournament again as I didn't bet on Portugal? This time I reckon England will remain in the tournament a lot longer.

Yes,but this time don't have them to win in 90 mins,apart from that match of course against our friends from over the border.

The best 11 say's everything about the tournament. Allen was average, Griezmann had an absolute shocker in the final (though not enough of a reason not to include him) and Ronaldo was well below his best throughout the tournament etc, though still scoring as he does.

A poor tournament on the whole not helped by an incredibly silly decision to allow some 3rd placed teams, such as the eventual winners, to qualify from the group stages. Well, it was unless your Bea Smith, who probably gets all excited watching Time Team, bless his cotton socks.

The best 11 say's everything about the tournament. Allen was average, Griezmann had an absolute shocker in the final (though not enough of a reason not to include him) and Ronaldo was well below his best throughout the tournament etc, though still scoring as he does.

A poor tournament on the whole not helped by an incredibly silly decision to allow some 3rd placed teams, such as the eventual winners, to qualify from the group stages. Well, it was unless your Bea Smith, who probably gets all excited watching Time Team, bless his cotton socks.

It certainly wasn't poor for me, my little branch of bitterness, as shown just below I posted that I was going to bet on a draw in the final, and that meant anything but being poor.

It wasn't poor for Iceland, Wales, or deserved winners Portugal either, or their great fans, pity you cannot see that through your jealousy. Nor for France, who held a safe, enjoyable tournament, and their security services who deserve massive credit.

Sorry, I'd say quite a few people agree with me that there was much to enjoy, if you failed to see that then it is your own problem.

Archived