onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Euro 2016

Woy's daft tactics could cost us.

Sterling is not currently anywhere near England class, Wileshire was miles off, Vardy is a god damn striker not a winger, why is Woy the only idiot that can't see it and Harry Kane should be in the box on the end of free-kicks instead of taking them from everywhere, I'm surprised he didn't take goal kicks as well! Oh and defensively we are stupidly susceptible, Rose for me is definitely not the answer.

4-4-2 in a diamond is my choice;

Hart

Clyne

Smalling

Stones

Bertrand

Dier

Rooney

Milner

Ali

Kane

Vardy

The commentators last night said that Roy and the coaching staff are alternating between 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 with the diamond, the former doesn't suite Vardy playing wide left. I anticipate Rooney to be the dead ball kicker when he returns.

Advert

I wouldn't take any of the Irish players to be honest but Bale,Ramsey and Williams would be contenders from Wales.

Ireland are useless, and will probably draw 1 lose 2. No passion like they used to have. Best manager ever was an Englishman , Big Jack.

Italy a good outside bet .

Ireland are useless, and will probably draw 1 lose 2. No passion like they used to have. Best manager ever was an Englishman , Big Jack.

Italy a good outside bet .

Italy's squad looks very weak this time with no stars like Pirlo, but we've said this before and they generally do well in tournaments where you need to keep tight defensively.

Germany will be strong but don't have any strikers and so in a tight game they might struggle.

Spain will also likely get to the latter stages but again don't have a Torres or a Villa to score.

France look to have the best squad but they've not played competitively together, so it might be difficult for them.

England look like they will score and should progress through the group with ease but once they face difficult opposition where one goal usually settles it, they'll struggle as we look like conceding.

Having said all that, you can't really see past Germany or France to win it.

Italy's squad looks very weak this time with no stars like Pirlo, but we've said this before and they generally do well in tournaments where you need to keep tight defensively.

Germany will be strong but don't have any strikers and so in a tight game they might struggle.

Spain will also likely get to the latter stages but again don't have a Torres or a Villa to score.

France look to have the best squad but they've not played competitively together, so it might be difficult for them.

England look like they will score and should progress through the group with ease but once they face difficult opposition where one goal usually settles it, they'll struggle as we look like conceding.

Having said all that, you can't really see past Germany or France to win it.

Belgium are dark horses and have a few match-winners in their team.

Belgium are dark horses and have a few match-winners in their team.

Agreed but I just don't think collectively they are strong enough to win it. Having said that, you could well see a dark horse like an Austria or Turkey getting far in the competition, such is its openness.

Hart

Walker/Clyne Stones Cahill Rose/Bertrand

Dier

Alli Townsend

Rooney

Kane Vardy

Subs-Walker/Clyne,Rose/Bertrand,Wilshere,Sturridge,Sterling,Forster,Leitch-Smith.

I'd swap Townsend for Milner as I think we need another defensive minded midfielder in there alongside Dier. Other than that I like that side.

Although I think he's a very good player I thought Alli was awful against Turkey, is he ready for a big tournament? Sterling put the effort in but showed he is lacking quality at the moment, should he even go?. Vardy looks like he can't play with the 4-3-3 system and do we play Rooney for just his set pieces? Saying that I think Milner should start and he's pretty good at set-pieces.

I think we will get through the group stage but no further, defence is where we look weak and I do think we are lacking a quality winger, if only Bale was English!!!

Although I think he's a very good player I thought Alli was awful against Turkey, is he ready for a big tournament? Sterling put the effort in but showed he is lacking quality at the moment, should he even go?. Vardy looks like he can't play with the 4-3-3 system and do we play Rooney for just his set pieces? Saying that I think Milner should start and he's pretty good at set-pieces.

I think we will get through the group stage but no further, defence is where we look weak and I do think we are lacking a quality winger, if only Bale was English!!!

He had a quiet game by his standards but still set up Kane with a lovely bit of skill. I'd much rather him be quiet and avoid injury in these few friendlies and then do some damage at the Euros when it really counts. Sterling has been dog **** for City all season and hasn't improved at all from the fantastic season he had when Liverpool finished 2nd. He can still turn out to be a very good player but personally I think he's fortunate to even make the squad myself.

I don't rate Rashford at all, although he's only 18. Too much pressure on him now,

and high hopes for him to be the saviour. Bring him on for the last 30 mins. if Vardy is having an off day, because I'll guarantee that Kane won't , and I think Kane will be up there with the tournament's top scorers. England to reach the semi-finals, and then who knows, they could win it all. What a boost that would be for the game .

For me Delph, Henderson and Drinkwater should miss out. Barkley is extremely lucky to be going as he was cack in the last few months of the season, but you would take him in the hope that he has one of them games where it just clicks. Drinkwater is alright but nothing more.

It hasn't quite panned out as we hoped over the last few months.

At the back we look awful. Both Turkey and Australia created far too many chances so goodness knows what the better European strikers will make of our back four.

We just don't look solid at all.

A few players, of whom we had high hopes, are completely out of form, like Sterling (should have stayed at the 'Pool) and Berkeley (whose gone backwards in a poor Everton team).

Others are either just coming back from many weeks out with injuries or have persistent injury problems, like Jack W, Sturridge (who has a permanent sick note despite being talented) &. Henderson. Taking any of those 3 is a risk.

On the plus side, Kane is developing into a decent centre forwrad, Ali (if he can control his temper) is a good attacking midfielder, and for me the likes of Lallana, Vardy and Townsend have all finished the campaign in form. So too Rashford.

But what formation do we play? Is Rooney past his best and lost half a yard? I think he is/has.

It was all very rosy but I think Woy has got a number of problems to sort out, very close to the Tournament.

I'd leave Henderson behind (not remotely international class despite his 100% effort) and possibly Drinkwater (same comment) but it's a risk taking 3-4 players with injuries recently and 2-3 others who are out of form.

We'll get hammered anyway so why worry!

Archived