onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Euro 2016

Rumours are Rose and Walker not going Euros (they're on stand by) but Luke Shaw and Bertrand are.

Drinkwater and Wilshere going too, but no Theo and Welbeck.

Carroll and Defoe also on stand by.

Luke Shaw is a strange one if true,he's hardly played all season.Wilshere is Roy's blue-eyed boy so that's no surprise but if Welbeck is injured I'd take Defoe.

Advert

I think you have to take Sturridge so that means I wouldn't take Carroll. They are both so injury prone we could find ourselves very short of strikers at some point. Also, Carroll will be pulled up all the time by continental refs for his physical approach.

Rumours are Rose and Walker not going Euros (they're on stand by) but Luke Shaw and Bertrand are.

Drinkwater and Wilshere going too, but no Theo and Welbeck.

Carroll and Defoe also on stand by.

Shaw hasn't played since September - he can be nowhere near match fit?? Wilshere is permanently injured as well a being an idiot. They would be bizarre choices.

Never quite seen the admiration of shawcross tbh. It's not an anti Stoke thing, I just see too many issue with him in lack of mobility, pace and getting caught out of position. Having said that, I haven't seen him play much and we aren't exactly blessed at centre half!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shawcross is woeful when up against anyone with a bit of pace and mobility.

Wilshere, if fit, make sense. He was excellent for England in his last few games. If Welbeck doesn't go I'd prefer to have Defoe on the bench over Walcott and Carroll. If only Rashford had 6 more months under his belt.

• 2 weeks later...

England didn't look too special against Turkey, couldn't see anything in England's performance compared to other warm up games before major tournaments to be hopeful of doing well or even winning it.

Harry Kane looked a threat, Vardy looks lost playing wide left in a 4-3-3, the full backs were promising, Ali's touch looked off, Sterling's final ball was lousy as usual and Joe Hart looked suspect. There wasn't one English player on view who looked class/could be a consistent match winner/game changer apart from perhaps Kane.

England didn't look too special against Turkey, couldn't see anything in England's performance compared to other warm up games before major tournaments to be hopeful of doing well or even winning it.

Harry Kane looked a threat, Vardy looks lost playing wide left in a 4-3-3, the full backs were promising, Ali's touch looked off, Sterling's final ball was lousy as usual and Joe Hart looked suspect. There wasn't one English player on view who looked class/could be a consistent match winner/game changer apart from perhaps Kane.

Woy's daft tactics could cost us.

Sterling is not currently anywhere near England class, Wileshire was miles off, Vardy is a god damn striker not a winger, why is Woy the only idiot that can't see it and Harry Kane should be in the box on the end of free-kicks instead of taking them from everywhere, I'm surprised he didn't take goal kicks as well! Oh and defensively we are stupidly susceptible, Rose for me is definitely not the answer.

4-4-2 in a diamond is my choice;

Hart

Clyne

Smalling

Stones

Bertrand

Dier

Rooney

Milner

Ali

Kane

Vardy

Very much looking forward to going to the Euros in France. Flying out to Bordeaux on the 12 June.:yes: For 9 nights.

Got tickets for Austria v Hungary game in Bordeaux via the UEFA ticket ballot.

Also got a mates stag do in Toulouse later on that week and we have all got tickets to various games.

Also going to Wales v Russia game in Toulouse on the 20 June, mates had a couple of spare tickets.

I wouldn't pay much attention to friendlies. England will do well at the Euros, and I think they will make the Semi-Finals, and possibly win it.

Germany , Spain and France, on (burned) home soil, will be in with a shout, but if England get off to a good start, who knows?

I usually feel the same way about friendlies but when I was watching the Turkey game my mind went back to the friendlies before the 1990 World Cup and Bobby Robson started to play Gascoigne and you could see Gaza was a different class to any other English player and he was going to be one of the stars of the tourney and as long as he played England would do well. Same with Rooney in Portugal 2004, after the first two group stage games it was apparent Rooney was as good as any player in the tourney and England had a great chance to win with him in the team then some **** trod on his foot and we were relegated to the also rans.

I long for an England win but I just don't see that special player or team cohesion but there's a little time and a few quality players to come in.

Think you're reading a bit too much into a friendly. It was an average performance but Turkey are a very decent team and hadn't been beat in God knows how long. The two full backs were excellent and the front two were a threat as they will be to any defence, although I think Vardy is better suited to being an impact sub.

Archived