onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

(OVF) Potential legal dispute over ownership of Vale Park buildings

Guest OVF Feature

Rsb, are you saying that the new shop was built on the end of that building?The old shop was in the Lorne Street which is now as far as I know empty.Belly used a premises on Hamil Road at one time.It would suggest the new shop premises has nothing to do with the CT.I maybe wrong .

belly owned the shops just below the vale on hamil rd when v2001 took over he leased the shop back to them I think the roof leaked and he would not repair it so they moved it to lorne st which was the entrance to the unfinished stand I'm Shaw the new club shop was built by smurf but the land it's built could be owned by the c/t as part of the deal to build the new gym

Advert

Before the shop & ticket office was built they used to sell cup ticket from the building above the steps by tommy's and you come into the main entrance drive also some of the old wall remains from the police box in the ground to the turnstiles in the ground R/P then past the turnstiles outside to the new ticket office some of it might be part of the back wall to the club shop above the wall there used to be two grass mounds these where flattened to make two 5 aside pitches that was when you could still stand to watch the game then belly worked his magic and brought the old Chester fc stand that is there today.

belly owned the shops just below the vale on hamil rd when v2001 took over he leased the shop back to them I think the roof leaked and he would not repair it so they moved it to lorne st which was the entrance to the unfinished stand I'm Shaw the new club shop was built by smurf but the land it's built could be owned by the c/t as part of the deal to build the new gym

The new shop was fitted out during Smurf's tenure but the building was there before he came to the club.

I think the deal was for vale to give the land for the gym from the turnstiles down to the club shop so if the C/T wanted to expand they could so it may have had planning permission for a building when smurf took over putting 2 & 2 together came up with 5 built the shop on land that he may not own as the shop went up very quickly not heard of vale applying for permission to build the shop but is applying for permisson to build flats in the corner of lorne st and hamil stand

I think the deal was for vale to give the land for the gym from the turnstiles down to the club shop so if the C/T wanted to expand they could so it may have had planning permission for a building when smurf took over putting 2 & 2 together came up with 5 built the shop on land that he may not own as the shop went up very quickly not heard of vale applying for permission to build the shop but is applying for permisson to build flats in the corner of lorne st and hamil stand

From what I have read, and tried to understand, smurf [or at least one of the companies] owns the land.... they dont own the building.

Problem is really that although the simplest solution would be via amicable discussion this will probably drag on for months via the legal system and the only real winners will be the lawyers. I try not to let it affect me but it has put a sour note on todays game already for me. I will still go but I expect a few people will use it as an excuse not to, which is the last thing we need.

Problem is really that although the simplest solution would be via amicable discussion this will probably drag on for months via the legal system and the only real winners will be the lawyers. I try not to let it affect me but it has put a sour note on todays game already for me. I will still go but I expect a few people will use it as an excuse not to, which is the last thing we need.

****** hell! how unmotivated to attend would someone have to be to use that as an excuse!

****** hell! how unmotivated to attend would someone have to be to use that as an excuse!

Quite a few unfortunately, I suspect. Any "bad news" or "continuing farcical revelations concerning Vale" will only serve to affect some "floaters" who simply look at news from the Club and then decide to leave their cash in their pockets. Such is the fickle nature of any Football fan. And we all know now how even the slightest excuse offered by Vale can sit in some people's minds and keep them away from Vale Park. Something we have lived with and will continue to do so, apparently. Crying shame really, as on the pitch we are actually getting it right and honestly that should all that matter to instil confidence in "floaters" to come and support the lads on the pitch.

I still dream that one day.......there will be nothing but good news from Vale and NO underlying problems to consider! I'll let you all know when that day arrives.:boring:

Archived