onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Being Proactive.

Spunk Trumpet

The most frustrating part of this is that this thread shows we have ideas, & more ideas than the club have shown in the last decade, but it's falling on deaf ears, we're preaching to ourselves here. All great stuff & I agree with it all, would probably help the Vale loads, but we have an owner who now has no interest in any of the above, so nothing is going to be done.

As long as he is here now, I believe things are just going to get worse.

Advert

In the real world we have to accept that the likes of Port Vale and many, many other League Clubs will NEVER be a profit making business and that gives a clue to the reason why no billionaire or similar will want to take over such a Club as us.

Norman , as a non footballing man previous to Vale, may have mistakenly felt he could turn us round and make him a nice little pension earner. I'm convinced he's seen the light(at last) and is now frantically attempting to reason out how he can at least get his original money back. He is no different, with respect, to perhaps ALL others who might profess an interest in Vale and might wish to buy us out. Are they seriously going to make any profit out of the Club?

We can all talk about ideas of bringing fans into the Stadium and frankly ST and others on here have made some excellent suggestions but at the end of the day as Valiants should we not now accept that we are where we are and any dreams of Championship or beyond(!!) are just that, dreams?

I'm not being defeatist, just realistic to understand that after 30 years plus of supporting this great Club we financially have not a hope of sustaining any temporary success in reaching the Championship and building on that. Small Clubs like Vale will always have passion and desire to do better but in this harsh evil cash orientated Football World only the very rich will survive. Agreed there will be smaller Clubs who have a temporary taste of the Good Life but the vast majority will sink back down the Leagues and revert to being small Clubs again.

I'm depressing myself on here with my own honesty! Seriously fans where do you expect Vale to be in the next 10 to 20 years? Unless oil is found under the Railway stand and the owners put that money back into the coffers then we must resign ourselves to following and supporting our favourites in similar vein to that of my past lifetime. If we bob up and down between Championship and 1st Division maybe most of us will be happy in the knowledge that our small unfashionable Club has tried it's hardest and will accept that. To have any thoughts that we will mirror the rise of our Bet 365 neighbours is , in my mind pie in the sky.

Apologies to those of you that I might have shattered your illusions but I will still champion any useful, creative, sensible ides of dragging Vale into the world of the "Big Boys." I remain as devoted as ever and want continuing success for my club but I have to temper that with reality and hard facts of the massive financial constraints on Clubs similar to us.

I sincerely trust whoever takes over in the remainder of my lifetime have the insight and football business acumen required to promote Vale and gain whatever success we can but I unfortunately fear that we may be having like minded debates in the future. I'm now off to take a "happy pill" ready for tonights game!

If you are saying we should just accept because we arent Manu or similar I cant agree with you. If we just accept we are going to float between the bottom 2 divisions forever whats the point? The hardcore support stands at about 3,500 - 4,000, if we just accept that vale will be sunk sooner than later or paying 100 quid a game [that wont happen in my lifetime]

I dont think vale should make a profit as such but should make money to reinvest in the whole.... not just the team.

If you are saying we should just accept because we arent Manu or similar I cant agree with you. If we just accept we are going to float between the bottom 2 divisions forever whats the point? The hardcore support stands at about 3,500 - 4,000, if we just accept that vale will be sunk sooner than later or paying 100 quid a game [that wont happen in my lifetime]

I dont think vale should make a profit as such but should make money to reinvest in the whole.... not just the team.

I am saying we should just accept that without a benefactor of fantastic wealth we need to generally to be realistic no matter what plan any new owner comes in with. IF, we ever get out of Division 1 I firmly believe that it will be only a temporary moment in our history because without regular, massive investment Vale and many others cannot compete on a rolling basis with the mighty big boys of the Football world.

I am one of the hard core of 3,000 to 4,000 and always will be with sincere hope in my heart that we can go further. Whether we attract much larger crowds on a regular basis is actually no guarantee we can then compete is it? I'm saying honestly that it's pie in the sky dreaming we will reach The Premiership and stay there. Doesn't mean I have given up on my Club, far from it. I'll be there even if we dropped out of the League(God forbid) as I have Vale in my blood.

Your comment that there is no point IF Vale continue to float around the lower Leagues is far off my point! Tell that to the die hards. They and me still go in the desire to see us improve each year but most of all Vale is a way of life to us.

Attracting stay away fans is a big problem shared throughout Football. All I say is that by getting crowds to increase by whatever means does NOT guarantee Clubs a divine right to get promotion. Look at the long term picture.....let's say we get a very decent owner in with bags loads of cash. Does that mean they will increase bums on seats? It is a very complicated enigma concerning why some Clubs attract large attendances even when they are crap and conversely other Clubs struggle to attract fans even when they are playing attractive football and becoming successful.

It could take an eminent scholar a year or two to digest every aspect of Football Clubs and even then they would argue amongst themselves why such and such a Club hasn't increased their Crowds after bunging in millions of pounds, buying x, y or z and improving facilities. Vale are and probably always will be in a position to flatter to deceive at times, frustrate, bewilder and absolutely drive you mad, whatever or whoever is in charge or playing for us.

Geo, like you, I want the very best for Vale and will support them in any way possible for as long as I have breath in my body, honestly. I am perhaps simplifying matters in my posts in the belief that we will be having the same debates/posts/comments in years to come as that is what I have endured and lived with since taking Vale into my life. Doesn't stop even me from dreaming though, mate.;)

I am saying we should just accept that without a benefactor of fantastic wealth we need to generally to be realistic no matter what plan any new owner comes in with. IF, we ever get out of Division 1 I firmly believe that it will be only a temporary moment in our history because without regular, massive investment Vale and many others cannot compete on a rolling basis with the mighty big boys of the Football world.

I am one of the hard core of 3,000 to 4,000 and always will be with sincere hope in my heart that we can go further. Whether we attract much larger crowds on a regular basis is actually no guarantee we can then compete is it? I'm saying honestly that it's pie in the sky dreaming we will reach The Premiership and stay there. Doesn't mean I have given up on my Club, far from it. I'll be there even if we dropped out of the League(God forbid) as I have Vale in my blood.

Your comment that there is no point IF Vale continue to float around the lower Leagues is far off my point! Tell that to the die hards. They and me still go in the desire to see us improve each year but most of all Vale is a way of life to us.

Attracting stay away fans is a big problem shared throughout Football. All I say is that by getting crowds to increase by whatever means does NOT guarantee Clubs a divine right to get promotion. Look at the long term picture.....let's say we get a very decent owner in with bags loads of cash. Does that mean they will increase bums on seats? It is a very complicated enigma concerning why some Clubs attract large attendances even when they are crap and conversely other Clubs struggle to attract fans even when they are playing attractive football and becoming successful.

It could take an eminent scholar a year or two to digest every aspect of Football Clubs and even then they would argue amongst themselves why such and such a Club hasn't increased their Crowds after bunging in millions of pounds, buying x, y or z and improving facilities. Vale are and probably always will be in a position to flatter to deceive at times, frustrate, bewilder and absolutely drive you mad, whatever or whoever is in charge or playing for us.

Geo, like you, I want the very best for Vale and will support them in any way possible for as long as I have breath in my body, honestly. I am perhaps simplifying matters in my posts in the belief that we will be having the same debates/posts/comments in years to come as that is what I have endured and lived with since taking Vale into my life. Doesn't stop even me from dreaming though, mate.;)

I dont think we have stay away fans mate, 3,500-4,00 is our core support, the rest are intermittent/casuals.

Throwing money at it wont cure it, developing the club long term may... getting your potential customers to want what you are selling, giving them an experience they want to repeat because they enjoyed it.... entertaining football is only one part of the solution... vale have to compete with all the other option available for the customers cash.... it takes time and patience but I believe it to be a possibility.

If I could have just accepted things because thats the way they are I would still be living in stoke, in a dead end job, doing nothing, seeing nothing and nothing would change... some are happy with some of that and I wont knock them for it, but its not for me Im afraid.

Huddersfield have released their ticket prices for the season... Excellent value for a higher standard. Think it's something we should follow.

Was just about to post the same. £179 for a season ticket and they're hoping to get 10,000 season ticket holders minimum. People will say they've got Championship TV money behind them, but they've also got Championship wages to pay. It's a very proactive price, designed to build the fanbase back up quickly and get them to stay.

Was just about to post the same. £179 for a season ticket and they're hoping to get 10,000 season ticket holders minimum. People will say they've got Championship TV money behind them, but they've also got Championship wages to pay. It's a very proactive price, designed to build the fanbase back up quickly and get them to stay.

Do you think it will work better than...."If you turn up I might get a striker?"

if we had marketed our season tickets at 250 quid max i am convinced we would have hit 5000+.

I very much doubt we will hit 3000 with the current structure.

Its been a poorly designed idea and not one fans will buy into.

No way would i pay 360 quid in the hope i get a few quid off if more fans buy. Its a gamble.

360 quid does not represent value for money and there comes a time where even the hardcore will say enough is enough.

Supported by competent staff.

Do we have a marketing department? If so what do they actually do?

The last major advertisement campaign I can remember was the 1994 deal for Burton at home. That was three years ago.

This is what amazes me. As a marketing manager, I'm constantly developing positive press releases, campaigns, collateral, Web development, customer engagement days, advertising, materials for our sales team. I just don't see anything evident coming out of the club. They have my email address, yet I probably receive one email per year. It only requires one full time marketing professional to carry out some day to day tactical marketing. You can even get email templates now so that anybody could fill out information and send it out.

I'm certain we had employed somebody to sort this?

In my opinion there are many areas that we need to improve upon to get bums in seats.

One real concern is the next generation of supporters and it seems our neighbours are light years ahead of us there. Obviously their product is a big sale but ive just had a facebook picture, from a lifelong friend, of a Citys 7s 5pound voucher and a replica Stoke shirt for her young son. Given to him at school!

The father is a Vale fan. He won't be happy! But yet again our neighbours are being proactive. Beating us to the punch!

Yes, they have the resources but also the ideas. Ideas cost nothing. Good or bad. And its a fundimental problem at the club that every "Idea" Norman and his so called marketing team has involves money!

Money back should we reach so many season tickets.

Money off a kids ST if you buy an adults ST.

We need to be doing MORE. Across the board.

Why arent we dedicating one home game as schools day?

Primary schools in the area gets tickets given out to all children.

Each ticket goes into a raffle that is drawn at halftime.

Three prizes.

First Prize. A season ticket next season for the child and his/her parent (we have 15,000 empty seats) and an XBoxOne or PS4

Second prize. A signed shirt for both child and parent and two tickets to the next home game.(Hardly breaking the bank here)

Third prize. A signed football and two tickets for the next home game.

Get more bums in seats.

Get kids coming to the game with the parents.

Have an offer where a parent can come to the ticket office with the childs ticket and he/she can get a cheaper adults ticket.

Boomer going around with a bucket of sweets.

We need more adult supporters now, i know that but its important we look towards the next generation andlets not forget adults will bring these primary school children and will hopefully like what they see and return!

Not enough is done at the vale like this.

Its go the match. Half time. Have a ****. Go get a pie anda packet of crisps. Ooopps. Not happening. Ran out. AGAIN! Full time. Go home. Not much to shout aout as an "Experience"

We are losing out.

Spot on lad utv

So ****ed off no initiative get folk in the ground ,nothing !

All them empty seats and no thought process into filling them .

That's why the ground can go for me

Archived