onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

USA Consortium (Or somebody else?)

Mario

Sorry but what kind of person would plough money into a bottomless pit,getting abuse from supporters when things are not going to plan.they would have to have love for club,as per Mr Coats up the road,Have we got one of him in hiding waiting to come to our rescue ,we are all waiting for that lottery win
Did a Vale fan buy a lottery ticket in Worcester?

Advert

Memories of Mr Lipa and his MR2 Ferrari and the target 5,000 - wouldn't it be nice to have that kind of buzz going into the new season :) Russians brought Bournemouth and look where they are - but a club (in their money) for next to nothing and plough it into what goes on, on the field of play! We can but dream

We need a quick dose of "perspective" here I think! A rare commodity at the Vale over the years and I include myself in that remark.

We need to put our previous dealings with American consortiums in perspective to start with. They were a bunch of dreamers been introduced by a self deluded group who lost contact with reality and I am still not sure who was "spinning" things the most! A consortium is not of necessity a bad thing, multiple investors would probably have deeper pockets.

The American view of sport is slightly different but their love of sport is great. I worked for an American Bank for two years and my direct boss had previously run their "Sports Franchise" division. He had some fascinating stories to tell, but what was interesting was that many of the projects were in fact "vanity projects" just like most football chairmen in the UK. I know of at least one American who is currently looking at a Championship Club. Vale might be suitable to a less wealthy American investor who does not have the buying power of the Glasers or the Fenway Group but by any other standard has considerable disposable wealth. As long as they have the wealth, ideas and can meet meet the requirements of the Football League and Norman then they are worth consideration and not speculation.

Dont forget "the Americans are coming" we will have a NFL franchise in this country by 2022 and thats just the start as other American sports are also looking at breaking into the European "market" with the UK being their preferred location, you have been warned :)

I reckon this consortium is Donald Trump and his sidekick the delightful Sarah Palin. Why would they want the Vale, you ask? Simple - Buffon Don gets no questions asked entry to the UK because of his high profile UK 'business interests' and thus foreign investment (the Jock golf courses are too remote and obscure) and he gets Sarah away from her husband for a while on a 'business trip' where he can scuttle her in the Bycars bogs out of the view of CCTV (re-coiffuring his comb over on completion of hostilities). Afterwards, instead of the traditional cigarette, they can pop up to Cobridge for a spot of indiscriminate Muslim 'ass-kicking' that the well balanced harpie Sarah seems to particularly favour, safe in the knowledge they'll have the full backing of the club's famously racist fan base.

If you thought Norm could gain us notoriety through his statements to the media Donny Fartpants will take us to another level.

You fool!!!! Wait ins't he American 😂 lol. You just had me spitting me brew out. Lol

Perspective then, how many L1/2 clubs currently for sale? What is the selling point/potential of the Vale? Is a close by Prem club an example of what can be done in N.Staffs or a restriction of opportunity? Would the economics of the Championship be attractive? Smurf`s 10 year plan seemed reasonable, the basis for a sale?

Perspective then, how many L1/2 clubs currently for sale? What is the selling point/potential of the Vale? Is a close by Prem club an example of what can be done in N.Staffs or a restriction of opportunity? Would the economics of the Championship be attractive? Smurf`s 10 year plan seemed reasonable, the basis for a sale?

I agree, we don't know who wants to buy the club, what their background is or what plans they might have, its all speculation (great fun though it may be:)) thats why we need to keep perspective, my point was that just because they are American is not a bad thing, nor does it mean they want a quick return on their dollar. It also does not mean they are the US Cavalry riding into save the day (almost said 7th Cavalry but we all know what happened to them!)

I said 'trying'.

Ask Villa fans what they think of American owners?

Good point, I think Villa's problem is a lack of management and direction from the top, Portsmouth were badly run and ask Blackpool fans what they think of British ownership? It is not about nationality its about them being "fit for purpose" Do they have the drive, intelligence, skill and of course the resources to acquire and run a football club. If the Vale are sold then it is that criteria which I judge to be the most important not their nationality.

SOT has a population of over 250,000. Get a substantial proportion of them through the gates of VP and the Brit, put them in the same league and build a rivalry that makes the one of the 90s pale into insignificance. That's got to be an attractive proposition.

Archived