onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 23rd Jan 2016, Port Vale v Bradford City, pre-match comments, the match itself

Fosse69

Advert

Team well it doesn't pick itself that's for sure ,some players need realise they r playing for the biggest club in Staffordshire and play accordingly.

My team cause it needs a big shake up .

NEAL

YATES INNIS Mcgivern Dean Conteh

BROWN O'CONNOR

FOLEY AJ Moore

JJ

That's the team u don't play like u did last week and expect stay in the team .

fair comment even if the means are somewhere between boring and dire

For you maybe. I'm actually enjoying the games at home. We're hard to beat and the goals we score are usually well worked. We're in control of most games and we've lost once all season.

Bradford have just made a very odd transfer move. They have brought in six foot three Jamie Proctor from Fleetwood and sold Devante Cole (Vale nemesis) to them in return.

The reaction from both sides is bemusement. The Fleetwood fans didn't rate Proctor that much (bright start but faded seemed to be the view) while Bradford fans are surprised Cole has been sold (rumours of it's because of a bad attitude).

However, I guess the bottom line for us is with a big, hulking striker, Bradford are probably going go more direct and for set-pieces (which isn't ideal for our defence).

He's also said streete can go out on loan and basically said he ain't good enough. How mcgivern starts every week in front of him I don't know. And after Sunday Duffy deserves dropping anyway! Page has said we only need 3 centre backs and with 'big ryan' streete won't play. Surely we should be playing OUR young players with high potential rather than someone else's?!?! I guarentee streete goes and is fantastic elsewhere whilst we have mcgivern hoofing it up every week.

Will be the same 11 or he will bring grant in for Daniel and put foley out wide. No chance he will play hooper.

Page has more or less admitted that Streete and Innis will not be in the starting line up and as is his usual want he will stand by the pathetic performances from last week in general and "assume" those that didn't have good games will come good!

Tough match, 1-1 will be result I would take now.

How he can keep picking the same defenders who rarely keep a clean sheet and are on occasions pathetic is beyond me. Innes not playing when fit can't be true - can it? Streete should be playing end of! He was dropped after Exeter for an, admittedly, poor performance but he clearly needs game time. It seems that the rules that apply to Streete - one bad game and you're history - doesn't apply to some of our other defenders.

As ever just my opinion by all means disagree

He's also said streete can go out on loan and basically said he ain't good enough.

He HASN'T said that Streete isn't good enough at all. He says Streete is a "fantastic player" and in the long-term "he is not going anywhere" - how on earth can you get "he ain't good enough" from what he said?

Page's actual words (rather than an inaccurate paraphrasing) are: "I think three centre backs is enough so if ever there is an issue where Remie says he wants to play games then I am not going to stand in his way.

"If anything happened to Ryan McGivern and Richard Duffy then we have big Ryan Inniss who can step in. It is about wanting to go and play games and be competitive, and if it was Remie, then he has a long-term future at this club.

"He is a fantastic player but it is frustrating for him at the minute because he is not getting minutes. In the long term he is not going anywhere but in the short term I would allow him to play games."

He's also said streete can go out on loan and basically said he ain't good enough. How mcgivern starts every week in front of him I don't know. And after Sunday Duffy deserves dropping anyway! Page has said we only need 3 centre backs and with 'big ryan' streete won't play. Surely we should be playing OUR young players with high potential rather than someone else's?!?! I guarentee streete goes and is fantastic elsewhere whilst we have mcgivern hoofing it up every week.

Will be the same 11 or he will bring grant in for Daniel and put foley out wide. No chance he will play hooper.

Normally think you talk a bit of sense but think you are talking rubbish about McGivern. Since he came back into the team, for me he has probably been our most consistent player these last 2 months, he has been better than Duffy and certainly Streete when he has played.

I thought McGivern was awful last season and didn't think he would be near the team this season, he has proved me wrong with some very good performances.

Innis should come back in for me but at the expense of Duffy who was excellent the early part of the season, however feel McGivern been playing better.

Keeping the back 4 the same after conceding 3 would be foolish in my opinion. We don't want to change it too drastically but a change should happen. Personally I'd bring inniss for Dicko and move Mcgivern to left back but inniss for Duffy is another option. As someone mentioned page seems inconsistent in his policies. As soon as streete made a mistake he was out but the others get more chance. bradford are a hoof ball team and if hanson is playing we could do with Inniss.

Archived