onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Millwall 3 Port Vale 1, post match comments

Fosse69

I don't understand how people can be moaning about this season at all.

I mean, we're mid table in the poorest league 1 in years. We're loaning a lad who's obviously too good for Wycombe and Hartlepool, thats why they're loaning him out. We have a competent, polished chairman who has the utmost respect for the club and the fans. Our strike force is lethal, we didn't need Uche anyway, no need for him at all.

I think we should all be quiet and accept being average. After all, as many people has said, thats what's being a real fan is isn't it? Accepting mediocrity?

Up the Vale.

Nowt wrong in being average. Anyone with a brain knows that we've over-achieved for a number of seasons.

Advert

Nowt wrong in being average. Anyone with a brain knows that we've over-achieved for a number of seasons.

Why are we over achieving, Burton, Walsall and Gillingham been in the top 4 are massively over achieving, we are in a bang average league and i might be completely wrong but I think we have a budget similar if not a lot better than what they have, tired of hearing people saying we should be happy where we are, if teams like that can be there, no reason why we should not be aiming for it.

We've lost at home ONCE between August and now! There's been some cracking games and occasions and some less so...and guess what, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea fans will say the same about their teams.

If you honestly think the current side is less entertaining than some of Glover's, Sinnotts's and even Rudge's towards the end then you must have a very different idea to mine of what counts as entertainment.

I'll happily offer you a £50 bet that we don't get relegated, and the loser pays to the charity of the winner's choce.

What do you say?.

I think were a poor side to watch personally, especially away from home.

Getting depressed at spending a fortune on the away matches and not seeing us have a proper go at teams, especially those teams who are in the top half. We never seem to take the game to teams away from home and let them worry about us.

I am still trying to think of a decent team we have been beaten away from home since we were promoted nearly 3 years ago. I had a quick look last night and I don't think in any of the 3 seasons we have been back, we have beaten a team who finished in the top half away from home, which shows we will never do anything at this level. It is an awful stat if true to have.

I have missed about half a dozen away games in the last 10+ years but seriously thinking whether it is worth paying all this money when we don't look like winning against the better teams.

Im the type of fan who is if I support them I'll go watch them wherever they play and like u i go a lot of away games but this season I'm bored of them and slowly I'm missing more and more shame really

We've lost at home ONCE between August and now! There's been some cracking games and occasions and some less so...and guess what, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea fans will say the same about their teams.

If you honestly think the current side is less entertaining than some of Glover's, Sinnotts's and even Rudge's towards the end then you must have a very different idea to mine of what counts as entertainment.

I'll happily offer you a £50 bet that we don't get relegated, and the loser pays to the charity of the winner's choce.

What do you say?.

Why would I want to do that as it won't benefit my club whatsoever. I've virtually given my season ticket money to the club and always spend money on merchandise. OK I'm not using my season ticket as often as I expected and that is because of the match day experience which includes the hassle of travelling, time contraints for mid-week matches, food or lack off and other factors. I'm afraid it's lost its appeal hopefully something will spark it back up. I went to Blackpool and am going to Wigan but that's more because they are local so really it's not about the money. I love my club and will never change watching other teams just doesn't do it and never will.

As for getting relegated currently this division is full of bad teams and unless the wheels do come off we are more than capable of surviving. Would these players be capable if it came to it I would have my doubts but I don't really want to find out. I've sampled the dark days of re-election so I'm quite happy to be in this division as a bad season in the division below could have dire consequences. Even the likes of Haldane and JMW would occasionally get you off your feet but non of todays squad would that's a fact.

Why would I want to do that as it won't benefit my club whatsoever. I've virtually given my season ticket money to the club and always spend money on merchandise. OK I'm not using my season ticket as often as I expected and that is because of the match day experience which includes the hassle of travelling, time contraints for mid-week matches, food or lack off and other factors. I'm afraid it's lost its appeal hopefully something will spark it back up. I went to Blackpool and am going to Wigan but that's more because they are local so really it's not about the money. I love my club and will never change watching other teams just doesn't do it and never will.

As for getting relegated currently this division is full of bad teams and unless the wheels do come off we are more than capable of surviving. Would these players be capable if it came to it I would have my doubts but I don't really want to find out. I've sampled the dark days of re-election so I'm quite happy to be in this division as a bad season in the division below could have dire consequences. Even the likes of Haldane and JMW would occasionally get you off your feet but non of todays squad would that's a fact.

Well said these players are BORING just going though the motions nothing to get the small crowds we get on there feet I think tactics play a big part in this try to Defend and HOPE we score for a 1-0 win from a set peace or 1 of our players getting a lucky shot away like Kelly did against bury.

betting companies should be basing their odds off of our expectations & what we try to do

Apart from the very first set of odds released, betting companies base their odds on bets placed mostly, so what you are saying is that the entire public is wrong in their opinion. If 1000 bets were placed on Vale for promotion in the next week, then we would be near to favourites.

Reading back a page here, but you're damn right I'm saying the public in general is wrong! You think all of those were Vale fans? Chances are they are people who are fans of other teams who have not seen us pre-season, or probably have little to no clue of what our team is like, and are just chucking a bet on based on either nothing or their poor footballing opinion!

For example, if 10,000 Stoke fans put a bet on us for relegation, and the bookies placed us as favourites because of it, should we then say we are happy with a mediocre season because we beat the expectations of fans of a team who hate us & were hoping for us to be relegated?

People bet because of wishful thinking, or because they think they have a fair amount of knowledge on the subject of football ( & many don't ;) ).

We should never base our season on what a company with no affiliation to the club says, & if any of the players or manager mentioned the bookies, I would happily tell them they're talking a load of c**p.

Thought we looked very poor in the first half on Sunday. Their 3rd goal pretty much summed it up - farcical defending from all involved at the back. There was no way in a million years we were coming back from 3 goals down at the New Den. McGivern, Dicko and co all had a nightmare of a day, the sooner the first half horror show is forgotten the better really. They were streets ahead of us.

Probably the first time I have seen us outclassed and outperformed by a much better side in this division from the games I have been to this season.

Second half was an improvement, probably a mixture of us improving and them taking their foot off the gas a little bit.

JJ Hooper looked lively, would certainly be in favour of him starting away games in the future, took his goal very well too.

Apart from the 90 minutes of Football, was a very good day session spent in London Bridge before and after the game.:yes:

Having watched highlights, some of that defending was shocking. Completely different to what we were like at the start of the season.

A few have said for Saturday, and I'd agree, it might be good for the team to shake the defence up completely. If Inniss is fit, put him in anyway, as he was quality at the start of the season, and I think making it more competitive and giving some regular starters a shock of losing their place might make them buck their ideas up. I don't agree with the strategy of playing the same 11 the next week just because they won, it makes players too comfortable and there is less motivation to try harder, whether it be in training or on the pitch.

There is everything wrong with being average when your trying not to be.... if we have been over achieving for a number of seasons where should we be to achieve?... lower than the 4th division?.... is it over achieving to lose so many games away?... are we punching above our weight when we play like one legged spiders?... is it over achieving for players not to turn up when they are chauffeured to the ground and paid to be there or is it over achieving to expect the fans to travel at their own expense to watch dross ?

Wasn't sure what to say really. On the day it was dead easy. Maybe Vale just weren't at the races. A few days later we were put on our backsides on national television by Oxford who clearly were. That said I wouldn't put it past us to go up there and win. Truth is we are a poor side and it's a miracle we are sixth in the league, away wins are the reason. So while I've been busy and only got around to this match thread now, I hadn't forgotten this place or why I joined in the first place. This is a season I think where both clubs will finish mid-.table.

Archived