onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Future EGM

I think it's right though that another EGM will be pointless. Less people will vote, some will change votes and the recent actions of NLV in turning down the chance to be involved will be spun against them big time and cost votes. Thats obvious and the board could then also use it as the chance to elect few more on the board.

then you have nothing to worry about and the board will have no legal bill as they will not fight every motion

Advert

Not enough time since the last EGM, call for one at the end of the next season, if we don't go up then another small percentage who voted for the board might have changed their mind, if another one was to be held now then more than before would vote for the board as a lot are sick of all the back scenes arguments and just want to have a good season.

As NLV are considering a new EGM has anyone thought about obtaining votes/ proxies?

I only ask this as the margins of the last resolutions failing/passing were very slim but it was clear a number of shareholders didnt vote. I for one got the proxy of a with 100 shares "who couldnt be bothered with politics". So there must be a number of shareholders out there who for whatever reason wont /didnt vote. So following the boards lead can we start to obtain them?

Any suggestions? Discuss

Hi Dad,

In the wake of the EGM I have been contacted by a fair number of elderly shareholders who advised they were confused with the voting form, and in particular believing that having voted no confidence in the board as a whole they did not need to then vote no confidence for each individual director. This might explain why the large discrepancy in the number of votes. If you total up the number who voted in the general no confidence vote you will find it strangely more than the total who voted in the individual votes.

If you think about it, it is illogical having voted no confidence in the board as a whole for the shareholders to then vote 3 of the protagonists back on.

If therefore there is to be another EGM then my advise to NLV is to keep to voting form as simple as possible.

Regards.

Hi Dad,

In the wake of the EGM I have been contacted by a fair number of elderly shareholders who advised they were confused with the voting form, and in particular believing that having voted no confidence in the board as a whole they did not need to then vote no confidence for each individual director. This might explain why the large discrepancy in the number of votes. If you total up the number who voted in the general no confidence vote you will find it strangely more than the total who voted in the individual votes.

If you think about it, it is illogical having voted no confidence in the board as a whole for the shareholders to then vote 3 of the protagonists back on.

If therefore there is to be another EGM then my advise to NLV is to keep to voting form as simple as possible.

Regards.

I like to consider myself an intelligent guy and when I first saw the voting form I have to say I was confused

It made perfect sense after about 60 seconds but I could easily see how people would vote incorrectly by mistake

Couldn't it be done somewhat like the Micky Adams vote and the Supporters Club and NLV just collect in all the votes and when they get to 51% they go up and change the locks.....

If only the vote of no confidence was worded differently...I said before the EGM that the Board would ignore a vote of no confidence and that it should have been worded as a vote of no confidence therefore the current Board are collectively removed from office.

Another EGM wouldn't change anything and I am sure we'd be left in the same or worse position. LB saying that some people were confused with the voting form does seem plausible, and perhaps this would result in some more votes against Bratt, Lloyd and Oliver. I am sure though that some 'fence sitters' who previously voted against the board would this time vote for the board in an attempt to put an end to this whole fiasco and to get a conclusive result this time. Lets face it, normal fans don't have enough shareholdings to force the three amigos from power.

In terms of what to do next, I think the only options left available to the pro-change movement apart from SEO (which may not work) are:

- for Dave Felstead or other supporters club rep to seek a place on the board in place of NLV (even if it is in a non-exec role) using Robbies proxy,

- for Sims to complete due diligence and to hopefully accept a place on the board,

- for Mo to invest some funds whilst abiding by the 24.9% rule.

We need to tip the scales back in our favour. At the moment I'd say they are tipping around 55% to 45% in favour of the board at present. If Mo was to invest a small amount (to him) of money under the guise that he wants to "strike up good relations with the board whilst putting his original plan on hold" they would not be in a position to refuse. What pro-boarders could refuse such an investment either? The problem is that Chaudry wants the club for himself. The current board don't like or trust Chaudry. Therefore, unless there is some compromise, I'd say the anti-board movement is in pretty dire straights at the moment as I just can not see the results of another EGM going in our favour.

If Mo was to invest a small amount (to him) of money under the guise that he wants to "strike up good relations with the board whilst putting his original plan on hold" they would not be in a position to refuse.

I think you'd fine the board would refuse Mo without second thought. After all, he's offered to invest meeting the 24.9% rule before and was turned away, as was Mark Sims, why should now be any different?

I think you'd fine the board would refuse Mo without second thought. After all, he's offered to invest meeting the 24.9% rule before and was turned away, as was Mark Sims, why should now be any different?

Because they were 'connected parties' which was a contradiction to the articles of association.

This time Sims would be using RW's proxy if he chose to accept the directors position while if Chaudry invested he would put his own money in. It would not be a 'joint' bid so to speak.

A lot of people have put faith in Mo Chaudry. He asked people not to renew their ST's and to give up a big part of their life for the future good of the club. I feel like he owes us as I am not looking forward to a season without Vale Park. If he walks away now then perhaps he is the ruthless snake in the grass the board make him out to be.

A lot of people have put faith in Mo Chaudry. He asked people not to renew their ST's and to give up a big part of their life for the future good of the club.

Please provide a quote where Mo asks people to do this.

I could save you time and tell you there isn't one, but good luck!

devil's advocate hat on, maybe the offered discount could be construed to be an encouragement not to buy a ST, but only up until the EGM whereafter Mr. Chaudry has exerted no influence whatsoever over ST purchases.

p.s. SEO===

Because they were 'connected parties' which was a contradiction to the articles of association.

This time Sims would be using RW's proxy if he chose to accept the directors position while if Chaudry invested he would put his own money in. It would not be a 'joint' bid so to speak.

A lot of people have put faith in Mo Chaudry. He asked people not to renew their ST's and to give up a big part of their life for the future good of the club. I feel like he owes us as I am not looking forward to a season without Vale Park. If he walks away now then perhaps he is the ruthless snake in the grass the board make him out to be.

The board would say they have previous connections, but conveniently ignoring the Meigh Grindco connection. Wait and see what Sims does first, the permutations may increase or decrease.

Why don't all those SEO do as they say and stay away for the games - then we will quickly learn support for SEO and any such change? Afterall it seems like many SEO are planning on going along to protest - fair enough, but then why promote SEO? SEO would actually PR wise either show it's strength or weakness very early on - surly if the anti board movement are as confident as they talk, they should stay away and prove the point.

I'm really interested to see if all the SEO pledges hold up and as such support for the anti board movement. Afterall if it becomes "all talk" then they are as bad as the people they moan about.

Mo Chaudry advocated people not purchasing season tickets. He offered a 10% discount below the April price to those people who did not renew before the EGM.

Starve Them Out Statement:

"With Port Vale releasing 2011-2012 season ticket prices last week, Starve Em Out approached Mr Mo Chaudry to back our initiative. He generously responded by guaranteeing that every fan who signs the Starve Em Out pledge not to renew their season ticket will be able to purchase one at 10% below the current cheapest price available, once he takes over the club".

Also in conversations I have personally had with Mo the same was implied. I think the exact words were "sacrifices need to be made".

Why don't all those SEO do as they say and stay away for the games - then we will quickly learn support for SEO and any such change? Afterall it seems like many SEO are planning on going along to protest - fair enough, but then why promote SEO? SEO would actually PR wise either show it's strength or weakness very early on - surly if the anti board movement are as confident as they talk, they should stay away and prove the point.

Eh?

:huh:

Mo Chaudry advocated people not purchasing season tickets. He offered a 10% discount below the April price to those people who did not renew before the EGM.

Starve Them Out Statement:

"With Port Vale releasing 2011-2012 season ticket prices last week, Starve Em Out approached Mr Mo Chaudry to back our initiative. He generously responded by guaranteeing that every fan who signs the Starve Em Out pledge not to renew their season ticket will be able to purchase one at 10% below the current cheapest price available, once he takes over the club".

Also in conversations I have personally had with Mo the same was implied. I think the exact words were "sacrifices need to be made".

I support SEO, and also advocate it, yet it wasn't I that started the website, nor was it Mo.

Supporting something, and actually having the initial idea are 2 different things.

Your initial post implies that it was Mo that initiated SEO.

Archived