onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

'Micky has the safest job in football'

Andyregs

am afraid as long as directors have acted in the clubs best interests for wot ever reason they will get off

mickey was not a director when all this took place so will be ok as for the others who knows======

But how will they have done that if they take us into Admin?

Advert

3 year contract we couldn't possibly afford to pay off, and he holds the 4th seat on the board and is thus required to give the club an operational boardroom, as well as having a voice in board meetings.

I'd say it's just about the safest job in the world of football let alone English football.

Guest potalot1

Fans opinions change when results dont go right.

He will be the same as any manager on that basis.

Agree he will have more time if things do go wrong but fans can be fickle as they say so he is not infallible...!!

Rather think he maybe heading for hero status myself though..

Watched Micky with the supporters today, nothingwas too much trouble, no matter how many requests he smiled and obliged, also the team. A fantastic result today:yes::yes:

Why do you suppose he should be any different, manager and director on a good salary nothing should be too much trouble,its what he gets paid for to cosy up to the customers

Guest potalot1

I think someone / anyone can be seen to be "doing a job" as you say because they have to, wheras Mickey gives off an air that he wants to do the job and a bit more.

Think thats what Gingersmum is meaning to say and i agree....

I think someone / anyone can be seen to be "doing a job" as you say because they have to, wheras Mickey gives off an air that he wants to do the job and a bit more.

Think thats what Gingersmum is meaning to say and i agree....

Can you imagine any manager/director being any different on a club open day, Adams is a smart operator he knows how to work the crowd

Guest potalot1
Adams is a smart operator he knows how to work the crowd

But those are a couple of points and good reasons why we should be glad weve got him.

I'm just glad today was a success, happy for all the families that attended and just hope the fans can get behind the players and staff and give all the support this team needs to get into League One, we do belong there, it's just a matter of time, and in my eyes that time is now!

I'm just glad today was a success, happy for all the families that attended and just hope the fans can get behind the players and staff and give all the support this team needs to get into League One, we do belong there, it's just a matter of time, and in my eyes that time is now!

Pleased that the day seemed to go well. Have to disagree when you say that now is our time to get into league 1. If this current board remain, I reckon we are more likely to slip into the Blue Square.

SEO!!

No one "belongs" anywhere - you have to earn the right to be there - and with our disgusting custodians in charge, we "deserve" to be non league

Think he would have been safer if he hadn't joined the board because if results were poor fans would blame the board not the manager for results on the pitch.

Adams said that he joined the board so that he could sign players. It appears that he has signed players now, so why doesn't he just resign from the board!?

Archived