onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Normans Sky Sports News Interview

Spunk Trumpet

This was a 'red flag' for Norman's wife, apparently.

At the time, according to an OVF article from April 25th, we were told she was nagging him about season ticket sales and Adams' contract.

"I am partly responsible for the lack of season-ticket take up because of how I have handled the Micky situation. Even my wife reminds me of that, when I go to bed, and when I wake up, and sometimes in between the two."

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/site/2014/04/contract-to-be-put-in-front-of-adams/

Advert

If he was attacked, and his daughter abused, then I understand how he feels. His comments about the side reflect the majority that were posted her after the exeter game. Maybe its a PR mistake if he wants to sell, but its only himself that afffects, but most of us would feel the same way in his position. If we werent vale fans, I expect we'd be a lot more sympathetic to him.

I think Smurf has tried his level best for this club. The best chairman in my Vale lifetime. Yes he's made mistakes. The fiasco over Adam's contract and selecting Page as manager. Big decisions which were wrong. But this bloke has always, to date, had the best intentions for the Club. He saved us. Have we all forgotten that. I think I would be miffed if I was repaid for all that honest effort by being beaten up by three pillocks. I would be more than a tad angry if my daughter was threatened by so called Vale thugs for what? Being the daughter of a football chairman who saved the club. He must have been delighted to have seen all his hard earned efforts to encourage people to the ground when the Neanderthal man brigade embark upon skirmishes with opposition supporters both home and away. He must have pushed his proverbial chest out with pride hearing the racist undertones emanating from a small but vociferous minority in the Railway Paddock. This is the greatest football club in the world by a million miles but we collectively should look at ourselves and ask whether we have helped or hindered this benevolent benefactor. Vale til I die.

I think Smurf has tried his level best for this club. The best chairman in my Vale lifetime. Yes he's made mistakes. The fiasco over Adam's contract and selecting Page as manager. Big decisions which were wrong. But this bloke has always, to date, had the best intentions for the Club. He saved us. Have we all forgotten that. I think I would be miffed if I was repaid for all that honest effort by being beaten up by three pillocks. I would be more than a tad angry if my daughter was threatened by so called Vale thugs for what? Being the daughter of a football chairman who saved the club. He must have been delighted to have seen all his hard earned efforts to encourage people to the ground when the Neanderthal man brigade embark upon skirmishes with opposition supporters both home and away. He must have pushed his proverbial chest out with pride hearing the racist undertones emanating from a small but vociferous minority in the Railway Paddock. This is the greatest football club in the world by a million miles but we collectively should look at ourselves and ask whether we have helped or hindered this benevolent benefactor. Vale til I die.

Best chairman are you having a laugh? All the money is in loans that he now want back, he has split the club and the ground and he is now making a laughing stock of this great club. He could yet become "Worse than billy Bratt" in my opinion

Irrespective of the above, to wash his dirty laundry in public is a very silly thing to do, especially in view of the fact he is trying to sell the club. Also to make out we are racist and aggressive supporters reflects very badly on the club.

I hope Norman can sell the club as its right for all parties. He needs to get out for his own good and wellbeing. He also needs to go so we can hopefully build again in a less volatile environment.

Best chairman are you having a laugh? All the money is in loans that he now want back, he has split the club and the ground and he is now making a laughing stock of this great club. He could yet become "Worse than billy Bratt" in my opinion

At present that can't be laid at his door and if that happens then your comments would be justified and I would support your view. That's not happened. He should be judged by what he actually does not by what people think he will do. Out of interest who do you think has been the best Vale Chairman?

At present that can't be laid at his door and if that happens then your comments would be justified and I would support your view. That's not happened. He should be judged by what he actually does not by what people think he will do. Out of interest who do you think has been the best Vale Chairman?

Now that is an interesting question!

Archived