onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Blackpool fixture rearranged

Smugsy

Advert

Thanks very much lads - another annoying consequence of that performance. We had booked a couple of nights at a posh place in Blackpool in April for the game because it coincides with our wedding anniversary! Now we will have to freeze to death at Bloomfield Road in January instead.

Thanks very much lads - another annoying consequence of that performance. We had booked a couple of nights at a posh place in Blackpool in April for the game because it coincides with our wedding anniversary! Now we will have to freeze to death at Bloomfield Road in January instead.

Pray for snow so that the fixture reverts back to the April date.

Nobody ever said it was all plain sailing watching the Vale Jean, lol, And you should know better than anyone,

I share your sentiments. However, I'm struggling to think of the 'posh place' in Blackers, is it the one with the inside toilet or the one that gives you cutlery with your breakfast?

They don't have snow in Blackpool - just 120mph gales lashing the town, endless pouring rain, empty streets and b and bs full of people who cant get work and are placed there on housing benefit, many with drug and alcohol problems. That's in the summer, as for January......

quote source of the trent...

However, I'm struggling to think of the 'posh place' in Blackers, is it the one with the inside toilet or the one that gives you cutlery with your breakfast? unquote

That's the one... but you didn't mention that you have to use the cutlery to eat the breakfast in the inside toilet.

Swings and roundabouts, Jean. It means I don't have to book a day off work to make the Tuesday night match in April - and you and Eddie don't have your special occasion ruined by the inevitable Vale defeat!

Swings and roundabouts, Jean. It means I don't have to book a day off work to make the Tuesday night match in April - and you and Eddie don't have your special occasion ruined by the inevitable Vale defeat!

Are you under water, Mark, or have you escaped the worst? Was thinking about you at the weekend.

It's the one rated No 1 of 900 B&Bs on Tripadvisor!

The Kenley?

Don't know it myself but it's only a couple of streets up from Alexandra Road where my grandparents always stayed on their holidays.

I've always had a soft spot for Blackpool because I went there on holiday when I was a kid and I loved (and still do) white knuckle rides. All the more reason to be irritated by the game being moved to January - at least the Pleasure Beach is open in April!

I have to say though Blackpool nowadays is depressing, it's like Stoke, a derelict shadow of its former self 'hanging in there' even though its primary reason for existence has been consigned to the past.

On a brighter note you can catch a tram up to Bispham Station and sample the delights of the Bispham Hotel, a fine example of an Art Deco pub that serves up Sam Smith's beers.

Finally, a bit of good news....kind of.

No days off work needed now and Blackpool away now on a Saturday, that's gotta be good, right?

Even if it is the first weekend after new year and will be freezing, it's a perfect pick me up to counter the doom and gloom of January and that back to work feeling.

Archived