onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf .... Please Stop!

Smallthorne Dog

Smurf, I don't often post on this forum these days but I am aware that you read it, so thought I'd make a personal plea to you.

Firstly I want to go on record that I and most right minded Vale fans greatly appreciate what you have done for our club since taking the helm when we were at our darkest point in recent history. We also appreciate that you have invested large sums of your own money into the club, and as such you are more than entitled to run it as you see fit.

However I would like to ask you to please please, please conduct the business of "our great club" behind closed doors. The very public nature of the goings on at Port Vale is turning us into a very public circus act. The overly dramatic reactions to poor results, be it being caught on camera in the stands shaking your head, going onto a supporters coach giving your opinions on the performance and the manager, reaffirming those opinions in tweets for the world and his wife to see, or conducting a discussion with Rob Page on the touch line, it is becoming embarrassing.

No Vale supporter wants to witness results and performances like that one yesterday, and Rob Page must rightly answer questions in that regard, but I'd be questioning the desire of the players on the pitch. They seem more than capable of putting in whole hearted displays against Wigan, Doncaster, Chesterfield and the like, but show zero incentive against Maidenhead or Exeter. It is them as much as Rob Page who have cost us £27k and a potentially lucrative third round tie.

Can we just try and look at the wider picture instead of being so reactive to every tiny thing that doesn't go our way. We were favourites for relegation in the Summer and it was all doom and gloom. We are now comfortably in mid table in League One. most of us would have taken that position if asked in July. That is in no small part thanks to you, and the investment you have made in the club, but also to Rob Page and the players he has brought in and the change in style he has invoked.

Your investment of your time and money into Port Vale FC is greatly appreciated, but please try and see the big picture, and let's conduct the business of our football club with a bit more privacy, decency and respect.

Advert

The big picture is we were cack last night, we have been cack in several games, were cack at defending set pieces, cack at defending, cack at attacking and double cack at scoring goals... The manager, backroom staff and especially the players need a heavy dose of imodium.

Most fans during the dark days of v2001 wanted openness and now we have it maybe we don't.

I find his honesty with the fans refreshing although always I'd take more what he does than what he says in the heat of the moment as gospel.

Has anyone from the coach yesterday actually confirmed if he said changes or change of manager yet?

Port Vale needs the enthusism and business brain of Chairman Smurf!

I ask that the plight and current success of Smurfs 'second love' Coventry City. They have been struggling for many years and including last season.

Towards the end of last season the club engaged a very experienced coach/manager who has turned things around and has made Coventry City a L1 team to be feared. They are one of the favourites (if only in my opinion) to gain promotion this season.

Cash coming in depends upon good football and success. This means a manager who has positive attacking goal scoring idea's, with the experience of tactical decisions and player motivation skills. Maybe this is what Coventry City have achieved.

Which ****-stirring t0sser thought it a good idea to take and distribute a picture of NS and Rob Page in that discussion?

As much as NS is guilty of not thinking before he speaks/tweets, so are the countless berks who feel the need to take snaps and ****-stir.

Most fans during the dark days of v2001 wanted openness and now we have it maybe we don't.

I find his honesty with the fans refreshing although always I'd take more what he does than what he says in the heat of the moment as gospel.

Has anyone from the coach yesterday actually confirmed if he said changes or change of manager yet?

That is only correct in parts. Openness was required from the V2001 board because they were there as representatives of many many shareholders, some of whom had invested their life savings. My heart bled for them and still does. Personally I always believed that it was always better for a club to be run/owned by an individual or a close knit group. But an individual would always need a number of trusted lieutenants to whom he could delegate certain responsibilities. In the latter instances it has nothing to do with anyone else what he does, provided the statutes are adhered to . Supporters are not entitled to anymore info than is legally required by Companies House, which is minimal. You can always give more in the name of PR if you wish but for it be good PR it has to be done in the right way.

Which ****-stirring t0sser thought it a good idea to take and distribute a picture of NS and Rob Page in that discussion?

As much as NS is guilty of not thinking before he speaks/tweets, so are the countless berks who feel the need to take snaps and ****-stir.

If you do something newsworthy in a public place, in front of journalists, what do you expect?

Without Smurf's passion and naiaivety Vale would now be a doomed club!!!!! I would prefer a man in charge that loves his club and shows all that he is human than a faceless, goody goody that is only interested in making money! True Smurf shouts his mouth off at things that we, too would and maybe says things in the heat of heart felt passion but he is a Valiant and his money has put us where we are now. Fact. I am proud to accept such a man like Smurf as our Owner/chairman who does show to us what he deep down believes.

He has made and will continue to make mistakes as long as he remains in football and I hope he stays here for a lot longer so we all can achieve his long term dream of bringing Championship Football to Vale Park. In the meantime we are all in for an interesting, volatile time. Can't wait personally.

I hope after a bit of sleep Smurf has calmed down a bit, I think any right minded Vale fan is backing what he has done and wouldn't want him to go. He is passionate and maybe at times lets that get the better of him with his public rants but look at the league table now and where we were when he took over on and off the field and its a no brainer we don't want to lose him.

Archived