onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Has Norman had enough

Student of the game

Advert

Norman mentioned that in order to appoint a CEO, four players would have to leave. He also mentioned we had a huge squad of 31/32 players. So, what's the problem actually? What's more important, a CEO who knows the ropes or four underachieving players?

Even the threat of appointing a CEO might make some of these players start to be concerned about their position.

I think there might be slightly more than 4 to pick from after Sunday, VV.

If he cant afford a CEO then why the **** hasn't he got a board of non-executive directors with specialities drawn from local industry/business associates to advise and help him. There are loads of skills just on this board, never mind the local area, people with professional, technical and hands on skills who would be only too willing to help. There would also be the possibility of advertising / sponsorship and even secondment of skilful people on a short to medium term basis. You don't have to lose control but you can lessen the workload , the stress the lack of a confidante etc.

When I was in business it was a partnership, we each had our own portfolio to deal with but when there was a difficult or complicated issue there was always someone to discuss it with , you weren't left floundering on your own.

Exeter have drawn Liverpool at home. To make money to the level we think of they need to agree to play away. But Mr Smurf has lost at least £100k from this debacle and I am not surprised he has to draw a line.

Point of order. He hasn't lost £100k, as we never had it to lose. It's like me saying I lost £200 because Preston beat Burnley on my coupon last Saturday, when in fact I lost £10.

Exeter have drawn Liverpool at home. To make money to the level we think of they need to agree to play away. But Mr Smurf has lost at least £100k from this debacle and I am not surprised he has to draw a line.

Point of order. He hasn't lost £100k, as we never had it to lose. It's like me saying I lost £200 because Preston beat Burnley on my coupon last Saturday, when in fact I lost £10.

Spot on CV, common sense talking at last.

I seriously doubt Smurf would have factored in or banked on the extra funds that reaching FA Cup round 3 would bring at the beginning of the season ($200k+ or whatever it is).

You only have to look at our record of reaching FA Cup round 3 recently (3 times in the past 11-12 seasons?), to know it would have been foolish banking on or forecasting at the beginning of the season we would be bringing in extra revenue streams through this particular area.

Norman mentioned that in order to appoint a CEO, four players would have to leave. What's more important, a CEO who knows the ropes or four underachieving players?

Even the threat of appointing a CEO might make some of these players start to be concerned about their position.

Frankly I'd be astonished if there were not a significant number of people out there who are fans (or just happy to help) who have the skills and knowledge to help at executive level who would either cost nothing or a nominal sum

If he cant afford a CEO then why the **** hasn't he got a board of non-executive directors with specialities drawn from local industry/business associates to advise and help him. There are loads of skills just on this board, never mind the local area, people with professional, technical and hands on skills who would be only too willing to help. There would also be the possibility of advertising / sponsorship and even secondment of skilful people on a short to medium term basis. You don't have to lose control but you can lessen the workload , the stress the lack of a confidante etc.

When I was in business it was a partnership, we each had our own portfolio to deal with but when there was a difficult or complicated issue there was always someone to discuss it with , you weren't left floundering on your own.

Maybe get in touch and offer your expertise?

You are renowned for talking absolute cobblers re The manager.......................However.....................Re the above post it would make perfect sense to implement your sensible suggestions,and I agree I am sure there are quite a few folk who would only be to happy to help.

The only fly in the ointment is Smurf who admits he cant/wont work with anyone............There lies the major problem and its a big problem.

You are renowned for talking absolute cobblers re The manager.......................However.....................Re the above post it would make perfect sense to implement your sensible suggestions,and I agree I am sure there are quite a few folk who would only be to happy to help.

The only fly in the ointment is Smurf who admits he cant/wont work with anyone............There lies the major problem and its a big problem.

You may not always like what I say but it is invariably correct.

What makes me smile the chairman got on to the supporters about not attending matches, saying we need to get out to games and support the lads, then he puts it up for sale, what does that say about his loyalty then, he's been wanting to go for a couple of seasons if the truth is known.

Archived