onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Has Norman had enough

Student of the game

Advert

I don't think Smurf helps anyone by continually reminding everyone how much he has put in and trying to blackmail people into supporting the club. As for the outburst and denial yesterday, what was that about. To get on a coach with 28 fans on it and say what he did, why?

Not doing what you say you will creates doubt

I think that you comments are hard to take after the weekend's results of both teams!!

A lot of what you say is entirely sensible but the one thing that Vale (and Stoke fans demand) is effort and passion from the players.

When you've lost that (and Page has), as a manager, you're finished.

Time for a change.

How on earth has he lost that? We had a (very very) bad day but you can't state that he's lost anything apart from a game of football. Some people have pathetically short memories. If Page has 'lost' whatever it is you are claiming he has, how are we still a whisker away from the play-offs with a home record to rival that of the '94 promotion winning side?

10 game ticket now on sale.Bad result yesterday.The players owe the fans and Smurf big time.UTV.

Yep exactly the players owe the fans ! For a small club we have great away support but constantly the players don,t perform why is that ? The players should give there wages to the traveling fans as a form of compensation for misrepresenting the club.

Smurf wears his heart on his sleeve, he is passionate about the club and to be fair has put quite a lot of money into the club. When you are passionate then you make rash comments in the heat of the moment, we are all guilty of this. Yes as Chairman he should not and I do believe Smurf gets to personal over the club BUT I would rather have someone running the club with passion than that last lot. Smurfs only problem is to learn not to do it in public in the heat of the moment however this very hard t do for some people to do. Hopefully he will learn but it maybe something we have to put up with for his continued support.

As for the manager - we all knew he was inexperienced the great hope of an up and coming talent. Do we get rid but who is better out there, do we wait till the transfer window or move now so the new manager has time? This is difficult my fear is a knee jerk reaction then we place Paul Bodin in charge until the end of the season (aka the cheap option as we nee to pay off Rob). Will we go down hopefully not with being 4 points of a play off place so unless we have in our sights a proven experienced manager ready and willing to come I would say leave until one comes available or until the end of the season.

The players - whether or not they a good enough they should be professional and always give 100% for the shirt. This did not happen yesterday and they have let down the fans big style no excuses. They need to get their heads in the right place and play as good as they can if not for the manager then for the fans.

To sum up we have a passionate chairman, an inexperienced manager and players who don't want to play. Nothing like supporting the vale

Win lose or draw it's about the day out with your mates/family as well as the result so don't agree with that you pay your money you take your chances in my opinion.

Let me turn the argument on its head and play devils advocate for a moment, I see a lot of people on here bemoaning Vale's away form but their home form is excellent (W6 D3 L1). So why are Vale not getting more people through the turnstile, and are the players being short changed by fans who should be turning up and supporting them?

Good question that why ain't they turning up ,maybe because the support isn't there and neither is the money ,and in my case I've watched them regularly for years but after what I had witnessed at Burton away I thought no more ,so how u play away will attract people to the home games .

After spending all that money and seeing nothing I thought no more .

So because football is just a bag of wind and it doesn't save a life or really do anything apart from been kicked from pillar to post ,I've reached the stage where what's the point it's rubbish.

This is not Vale ,out of all the cups ,the players should play with the attitude ,look at them down the road doing superbly we better make sure we do .

As for our fans the faithful r terrific but the atmosphere has not been there this season because of how we ended last season .

Apathy that's what it is ,yesterday just confirms that away from home we r abysmal .

At home granted ok but when your goalie is been overworked and the goals which we have been scoring from every chance we create dry up then the struggle will get worse.

It's all about money football is it can do one for me .

Passion gone out of football the premier league is so poor so what do u think all the rest of the leagues r going be like Poor that's what .

Win lose or draw it's about the day out with your mates/family as well as the result so don't agree with that you pay your money you take your chances in my opinion.

Let me turn the argument on its head and play devils advocate for a moment, I see a lot of people on here bemoaning Vale's away form but their home form is excellent (W6 D3 L1). So why are Vale not getting more people through the turnstile, and are the players being short changed by fans who should be turning up and supporting them?

Quite right, everyone would like to know where they have gone, we have had 3 or 4 excellent performances, skill and excitement, but the gates did not improve at the time. What people expected, or the word did not get around, who knows. Not encouraging for Norman either. Obviously it has been discussed endlessly on here.

Grant is the best midfielder we've had at the club in years.

O'Connor was player of the year last year.

Ajay was in the shortlist for the Football League's player of the month

Graham McGarry should go boil his head.

To be fair, those comments above are bang on the money. Completely agree there.:yes:

Page IN.

We are 11th in League One for goodness sake. Which is currently 12 places higher than what he inherited when he took over Adams mess.

Please should be careful what they wish for.

Quite right, everyone would like to know where they have gone, we have had 3 or 4 excellent performances, skill and excitement, but the gates did not improve at the time. What people expected, or the word did not get around, who knows. Not encouraging for Norman either. Obviously it has been discussed endlessly on here.

3 or 4 excellent performances??? we have played 20.

It takes a while for people to stop attending.... it takes longer to get them back.

This is what always gets me. When people criticise the team there is always someone who says such and such a game was brilliant and so was such and such a game . That is not good enough . Success at home is when you can pick out the (very) occasional bad game not the occasional good one. That is not going to get the fans coming back for some time . 3500 is going to be the norm unless hard decisions are taken and quickly.

PAGE OUT.

What goes round comes round.

I became a Vale fan in the late 60s, when Stoke and Vale were roughly in the same positions they are now. This didn't stop me wanting to be a Vale fan but the only problem was there weren't enough people like me and crowds stayed round the 3000 mark.

In '72/3 (FA Cup tie against Div 1 royalty in West Ham, a lot more glamorous then than now - good chance of going up, the season that effectively ended with the home draw against Bolton) we were attracting a lot more people, including quite a few Stokies who came to see what was happening at VP. But Vale deteriorated, the fans drifted away and we didn't improve until the Rudge years. Then Stoke and Vale became rivals and it generated a lot of local interest. That's where we want to be again - but there's one big reason why it won't happen, and it's nothing to do with Page or Smurf.

The big difference now is the Premier League. Division 1 had some charisma but the Prem has cash to back it up, so much so that there's a gulf in class between it and the Championship. While Stoke are there - and doing well - the spotlight will be on them and rightly so. Peter Coates' cash will keep them there so there's not the attraction of supporting a club that doesn't rate any interest, either locally or nationally.

Either we accept things as they are or we give up supporting football entirely.

Page has to go sooner rather than later. Our position in the league may not be too bad(pretty steady imo) however Page has clearly never won enough of the supporters over(look at the gates as Nick keeps reiterating). You can only avoid the facts of cold hard mathematics and finance for so long and gates of 4.5K with 4K home fans simply ain't going to cut the mustard for too much longer.

IMHO it all stems back to the run at the end of last season which has killed a lot of people's pigs. Myself nearly included(in the end against my better judgement and because I'm a Vale fan I bought one of the ten game tickets and have currently used 4 of them!). We were frankly shocking in that run and honestly seemed to be doing our level best to get relegated(even giving Yeovil a couple of chances in that 2-1 win to equalise who were by far the worst side in the division last season!!.

This season we've been pretty good at home by in large(Wigan and Sheffield excellent plus Burnley in the cup) however with a smattering of ***** in there too(Maidenhead was dire for example) and we're put away 2 or 3 awful sides in Shrewsbury(utter *****) and Blackpool(probably on the worst run in their history) and a bang out of form Chesterfield with a clueless manager.

Away from VP we are shocking, so negative it's beyond belief, tactics like that will win you little in the lower leagues and I'm surprised Page is so naive not to see this. I can't remember coming away from so many away games thinking how bad we've been(Burton, Bury for example) just tepid, uninteresting, boring football that's as inspiring as fresh ****. I'm all for giving young managers a chance and time but there is something about Page I just don't like, he's naive as mentioned, has his favourites and seems unable to motivate the team properly! Sorry not the man for me!

Quite frankly I'm not particularly interested in going against Scunthorpe although I'll be there. That's literally how I feel with Vale at the moment. Completely uninspired and I suspect a lot of other fans feel similar.

I feel sorry for Norman he's done his best and at the end of the day it's his money, he's done a darn site more to move Vale into the 21st century than the clowns we had running the shop previously. And tbh deserves a big pay day in the cup that unfortunately now won't come at least for another season due to the dross served up yesterday.

Either we accept things as they are or we give up supporting football entirely.

And that the way its going down the pan people are on about the price to watch the vale. Torquay utd where charging adults £18 adult concessions £i5

Archived