onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page Sacked (Rumour)

Samwelo

I don't understand how the players couldn't get themselves up for the game yesterday ,they probably watched Stoke I suppose on sat lunchtime, what more motivation did they need ,they r our rivals the players should have the attitude we have to deliver because of what they did to Man City !!

Where's the pride

Advert

I can stomach going out of the FA cup to a team in a league below, that's the nature of this competition. What I cannot stomach is going out when the majority of the team have not turned up and did their all to win the game. That is unforgiveable and they all need to look at themselves and if they cannot improve then none of them should be given a professional contract again.

18 wins

11 draws

21 losses.

So those stats basically work out at 1.3 points per game on average, just shy of 60 Points in a season? That's about mid-table form then, and doesn't sound all that bad does it when you dig into it. You certainly won't be getting relegated getting 60 points in a season. It's steady, if not spectacular.

You see, we can all use Statistics to suit own arguments Paul.

Up until two weeks ago, we had won five games in a row (albeit one of them including the replay against Maidenhead). Did we even achieve the feat of winning 4 or 5 league games in a row in our promotion season? I don't think we did to be honest with you.

Page is in his first full season in charge, it's so easy to forget that. Give the guy a chance for goodness sake.

Another stat to go with - We are currently 12 places higher in the Football league pyramid now than when Page took over from Adams when we were staring down the barrel at League Two football, with many on here already giving up the ghost and resigned ourselves to League Two football by the end of September last year. Thankfully Page didn't have such negative vibes.

Is our position of being 11th in League One (and 4 points off the play-offs), the disaster that some on here would have you believe?

I'm no happy-clapper, but what I will say is that the players we have brought in this Summer (Alnwick, Grant, Purkiss, Foley, Uche, Inniss etc), are a damn sight better than some of the players we had starting out for us in the 2014/15 season.

Be careful what you wish for.

I actually thought some of our younger players were caught unawares by the noise of the home fans yesterday. It's unusual to hear that atmosphere these days, and top marks to the Grecians for making that racket.

I was looking on enviously at that home end, and I daresay Smurf was too.

I'm just hoping that Exeter/ 'we' get someone like Brentford or Rotherham away in the next round.

we'll never know. They pick numbers based on the positions/names of clubs left in the draw, so if we had beaten Exeter, our number would not necessarily be the same as the one Exeter is allocated in tonight's draw. Water under the bridge...we now have to move on and make sure we stuff Scunthorpe on Saturday.

If both teams had played a loss, although painful, would be acceptable... one team didnt turn up, they didnt just lose they were disgracefully devoid of passion, effort, ability and pride.

Given our financial position I would have thought they would have made an effort... we didnt slip on a banana skin we didnt move fast enough to step on a banana skin... the banana skin had time to get out of the way

I wasn't defending the players in any way. Just pointing out that these things happen, particularly in the FA cup--that's why it's such a great competition and I'm gutted we're not going to get the chance of potentially facing & beating a higher ranked team in round 3. Mind you, it would have had to be a home draw with our away form!

So those stats basically work out at 1.3 points per game on average, just shy of 60 Points in a season? That's about mid-table form then, and doesn't sound all that bad does it when you dig into it. You certainly won't be getting relegated getting 60 points in a season. It's steady, if not spectacular.

Up until two weeks ago, we had won five games in a row (albeit one of them including the replay against Maidenhead). Did we even achieve the feat of winning 4 or 5 league games in a row in our promotion season? I don't think we did to be honest with you.

Page is in his first full season in charge, it's so easy to forget that. Give the guy a chance for goodness sake.

Another stat to go with - We are currently 12 places higher in the Football league pyramid now than when Page took over from Adams when we were staring down the barrel at League Two football, with many on here already giving up the ghost and resigned ourselves to League Two football by the end of September last year. Thankfully Page didn't have such negative vibes.

Is our position of being 11th in League One (and 4 points off the play-offs), the disaster that some on here would have you believe?

I'm no happy-clapper, but what I will say is that the players we have brought in this Summer (Alnwick, Grant, Purkiss, Foley, Uche, Inniss etc), are a damn sight better than some of the players we had starting out for us in the 2014/15 season.

It's more of a case of him not seeming to have a plan b or any imagination with regards to formation that's his problem,for me he's not doing to bad but not great.If you swapped our home and away form round he'd be out of a job.If he does turn things round and becomes a great manager do you think he would think twice about moving on, so I'm not fussed if he gets the push as I don't think we'll be any worse, you can't change the lads cautious nature I don't think.

I am more concerned over Pages comments of "punching above our weight", he was given a top half budget this season and spent it accordingly, if he thinks were punching above our weight with his signings, then where did he expect us to finish? Bottom? Aside from yesterdays result, i would have him in the chairmans office discussing that before anything else.

Take the cup results out of that. 3 wins. 2 draws and 2 defeats.

So thats 15 wins. 9 draws. 19 defeats. Thats 54 points from 43 games.

If you think thats ok then fine.

Thats a relegation scrap. Make no doubt.

I am more concerned over Pages comments of "punching above our weight", he was given a top half budget this season and spent it accordingly, if he thinks were punching above our weight with his signings, then where did he expect us to finish? Bottom? Aside from yesterdays result, i would have him in the chairmans office discussing that before anything else.

If we are punching above our weight does that mean the budget was spent to get relegated?

Archived