onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Go on Liverpool !!!!!

Like Vale I Do

Advert

That wasn't blinkered in any way now was it?

Fair play to Hughes though, with so many bang average and over the hill players he's not doing too badly.

Sounds like you never miss a game involving bang average Stoke on the telly with such detailed analysis of the team, you don't have to watch you know?

You're getting some flak TP , but you're well able

for it .

Stoke outplayed Liverpool last night.Opened them up a few times.

That's how I saw it too Howjy, there was a spell of about 30 minutes either side of half time when Stoke should have scored more than the one they did, plus Crouch should have won it right at the end from Pieters' pull back. At least a Liverpool League Cup win will be forgotten about in a couple of years, a Stoke one certainly wouldn't.

Normally I'd want the underdog to get through....normally. Liverpool were dire and only started to play when Allen came on. I just hope we don't get an all scouse final..I could not handle the half and half scarves, "families made up of supporters of both teams" etc etc

I hope we do. Only because I've got a bit of a soft spot for Everton.

Strange tie really. Liverpool completely dominated Stoke at their ground and Stoke were the better side for large parts at Anfield last night. Hughes went back to route one football with the likes of Crouch and Walters up top and it very nearly worked for them. Liverpool desperately need a goal-scorer as it will make a huge difference to the team, as it does on the odd occasion that Sturridge manages to make an appearance. Hopefully the Teixeira deal goes through as a front three of Coutinho, Firminho and him would look very good and has a lot of potential. Would prefer Marco Reus though, but it seems like Klopp's not attempting to go down that route.

Posted by a disgruntled Potter on Facebook, but obviously not one of the 15,000 gloryhunters who would change their allegiance should they get relegated - Just back from a long night at Anfield. Had a brandy and a few tears. So disappointed for the players and supporters whose efforts deserved far more. A tremendous performance of heart, determination and skill. At 56 I wanted one more opportunity to win something and share it with my daughters. Sadly not to be this time. We go again at Palace on Saturday. I'll be there, not glory hunting but supporting my wonderful, authentic football team. And my daughters are blessed to have Stoke City in their blood too. Tired, emotional and very proud to be a Potter.

Stoke were the better side and lost the lottery on the night.Klopp is trying to make Liverpool a high pressing side but it's failing miserably at home with so few goals.He needs to have a word with Pochetino at Spurs,the master of the high-press.

I really don't think he needs to have a word with Pochettino or anybody.

He's been there for what, a couple of years at least now? Klopp has been in charge of Liverpool for a couple of months. New ideas and philosophies take time to integrate into a side.

My marks for the Liverpool players on that showing .

Mignolet 8

Flanagan 7

Sakho 8

Toure7

Moreno 5

Can 4

Lucas 4

Henderson 2

Milner 5

Llalana 3

Firminho 4

Subs Benteke 6 Allen 7

Generally a no show from the attacking players ,how they managed win that game I have no idea

My marks for the Liverpool players on that showing .

Mignolet 8

Flanagan 7

Sakho 8

Toure7

Moreno 5

Can 4

Lucas 4

Henderson 2

Milner 5

Llalana 3

Firminho 4

Subs Benteke 6 Allen 7

Generally a no show from the attacking players ,how they managed win that game I have no idea

Did you find Henderson in bed with your missus or something? He didn't have a good game and is carrying an injury at the moment, has been for a while now, but he was hardly a 2/10. A 5 would be much more sufficient which is under par/below average. Milner was better than a 5 too, and probably the only attacking player that was decent for Liverpool.

It's good for Liverpool that Flanagan is back. He's a full-back that loves to defend, which goes against the grain in today's game really. I think he could well do a Jamie Carragher, injury permitting, and make hundreds of appearances for Liverpool in the coming years. An under-rated player in my opinion.

Archived