Hunt wants to sneak another one through.

PVTony

There are some, but this does not mean all. You cant trust every large company, look at Monsanto who are so profit-driven that they are willing to risk public health with products like Roundup which has been so heavily linked to cancer that it is a serious danger.

It is very different visiting a place for a few days at a time than having to live there year on year especially under such an oppressive regime. Yes I visited Potsdam just after the wall came down and it was in dire need of renovation and many of the people appeared repressed. Apparently it's now a thriving city after reunification and the much needed investment.

The amount of chlorine in water used to wash chicken is also minute as it's such an efficient bactericidal agent and inexpensive to boot.

Save the debate on GMO foods to a later date but first understand what a GMO food is, then digest both sides of the discussion not just the side that fits your politics and thyen think about people in the world who are much less fortunate than us who will benefit from such food.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you not read all of the posts Kevin?

It's about hunt wanting to quietly push a motion through that will lead to a possble sell out of the NHS.

Yes but your original post didnt say what the bill actually said and you admitted, when asked, that you didnt know but you wanted people to sign the petition. At least find out what you are protesting about before you actually sign a petition FGS.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think that you realize the dangers of the TTIP agreement being implemented. It will be good for the big businesses, especially the ones in U.S.A.

If any goverment under this agreement should pass any laws or regulations that will have a detrimental effect upon their company profits they can take the said governments to court.

and would then have to win the court case..you missed that important part

and would then have to win the court case..you missed that important part

Laws are sometimes designed in the favour of the government. The government we have at present has many MP's with corporate interests that are not necessarily in the interests of the general public

Thought that it was obvious that all court cases have to be won.

The point is pretty simple..why be so 'scared' of a law and make such a big thing of it when they will still have to win the case...that's the important aspect, not the existance of the law..simply pointing out the existence of a law is scaremongering.

The point is pretty simple..why be so 'scared' of a law and make such a big thing of it when they will still have to win the case...that's the important aspect, not the existance of the law..simply pointing out the existence of a law is scaremongering.

Is it possible for a small business owner such as a one man retailer to take the goverment to court?

Politicians bow down to large corporate concerns which are powerful and to some extent run the country, e.g. the Rothchilds own the bank of England which now set the interest rates. Some M.P's have shares in mega companies and would also, I feel sure obtain shares in the U.S. mega companies, if they don't already have them. Such companies would merge and take over smaller companies and become more powerful and influence politiicians.

Eventually the NHS would undoubtably become privately owned.

The USA would become ever more powerful and tighten it's grip over U.K politicians and influence them just like Obama influences Cameron.

The TTIP would be great for large corporations that is why they want it so badly,but not for the general population where their interest's and welfare are rock bottom.

Is it possible for a small business owner such as a one man retailer to take the goverment to court?

I believe so yes.depends on the particular issue

Politicians bow down to large corporate concerns

Indeed some/many do...obviously not all do

which are powerful and to some extent run the country, e.g. the Rothchilds own the bank of England

source?

Some M.P's have shares in mega companies

I am sure tthey do

and would also, I feel sure obtain shares in the U.S. mega companies, if they don't already have them.

You are almost certainly correct

Such companies would merge and take over smaller companies and become more powerful and influence politiicians.

Possiby..altough there are controls in place that would remain in place regarding mergers and acquisitions

Eventually the NHS would undoubtably become privately owned.

What do you mean 'privately owned? Can you be specific?

The USA would become ever more powerful and tighten it's grip over U.K politicians and influence them just like Obama influences Cameron.

Well of course Obama influences Cameron.. I can' imagine a scenario when the US president does not infuence the UK PM.Of course agreemets such as this allow the Uk more influence too.it's two way

The TTIP would be great for large corporations

I don't disagree...not necessarily/intrinsically a bad thing

that is why they want it so badly,but not for the general population where their interest's and welfare are rock bottom.

Of course they want it..t's their job to do what is right for the organization and individuals, pension funds and so on that own the orgasnisation..as wellas empoyees. It does not automatically follow that good for big business is bad for the general population.

Owner/s of the bank of England is very 'iffy'. Rothchild did own the bank until 1946 when the government took over but had no money to pay for it... rather lengthy and complicated subject

As Nathan Rothschild now controlled the majority of the English bonds he could determine the price and therefore the supply of the English currency which gave him great power over the countries finances. As he famously said afterwards.

“I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire. The man who controls Britain’s money supply controls the British Empire and I control the British money supply.” - Nathan Rothschild

Privatisation of the bank continued for years until the bank of England was nationalised after the war in 1946.

However because the government was broke after the second world war they didn’t have enough money to buy out all the shareholders so instead they were issued with government stocks.

Although the government now earned money from any bank profits they also had to pay interest on any new stock they issued to pay for the shares they couldn’t buy back in the first place.

In 1977, the Bank set up a wholly owned subsidiary called BANK OF ENGLAND NOMINEES LIMITED, a private limited company with 2 of its 100 £1 shares issued. The objectives of the company are:

Read on Johnny, if you want to: http://www.darkpolitricks.com/2013/01/who-owns-the-bank-of-england/

Read all that Rothschild stuff before when studying the history of UK finance; indeed read that very article before I replied..please show me where it proves the bank of England is owned by the Rothschild family as claimed? I cant see any such proof but happy to be proven wrong

Indeed they are..more are not

It's also interesting that some food related practices allowed in the EU but currently banned in the US will become legal in the US

Although many councils throughout Europe are wanting to avoid TTIP can you see any advantages that it would bring to the working population in the U.K?

Although many councils throughout Europe are wanting to avoid TTIP can you see any advantages that it would bring to the working population in the U.K?

yes

Us markets will be more easily accessible, us goods will become cheaper for uk workers to buy, uk companies will be able to make and sell in the us exact duplicates of products that are successul in the us as well as being able to sell what's available in europe..cheaper to produce so more sales, food practices allowed in the eu but not the us will be allowed in the us opening up us mkts to uk food products, ISDS will protect uk workers,

If it benefits small, medium and large uk businesses it benefits their uk employees and those uk employees that have investment in those businesses and it benefits uk consumers (many of whom are uk workers) by giving them access to cheaper us produced goods and services

yes

Us markets will be more easily accessible, us goods will become cheaper for uk workers to buy, uk companies will be able to make and sell in the us exact duplicates of products that are successul in the us as well as being able to sell what's available in europe..cheaper to produce so more sales, food practices allowed in the eu but not the us will be allowed in the us opening up us mkts to uk food products, ISDS will protect uk workers,

If it benefits small, medium and large uk businesses it benefits their uk employees and those uk employees that have investment in those businesses and it benefits uk consumers (many of whom are uk workers) by giving them access to cheaper us produced goods and services

Why are China produced US brands more expensive here? Are not services the main target? Their health costs are more expensive than ours. My experience of the US is that making money for themselves is the purpose of TTIP as with the Pacific version. Why is it all being done in secret?

GMO foods are plentiful in the U.S. Gmo foods have been proven by research to cause tumours. Some states are fighting for the GMO foods to be labled so that they can be avoided, but are finding it difficult to get this done. 90% of the worlds corn and maize is GMO and farmers are buying it to feed cattle.

I will not purchase any food stuff that comes from U.S.

There six points of concern written in the website below, but my main worry is that the U.S. will flood the U.K. with the poisonous GMO foods.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html

TTIP’s ‘regulatory convergence’ agenda will seek to bring EU standards on food safety and the environment closer to those of the US. But US regulations are much less strict, with 70 per cent of all processed foods sold in US supermarkets now containing genetically modified ingredients. By contrast, the EU allows virtually no GM foods. The US also has far laxer restrictions on the use of pesticides. It also uses growth hormones in its beef which are restricted in Europe due to links to cancer. US farmers have tried to have these restrictions lifted repeatedly in the past through the World Trade Organisation and it is likely that they will use TTIP to do so again.

The same goes for the environment, where the EU’s REACH regulations are far tougher on potentially toxic substances. In Europe a company has to prove a substance is safe before it can be used; in the US the opposite is true: any substance can be used until it is proven unsafe. As an example, the EU currently bans 1,200 substances from use in cosmetics; the US just 12.

Archived