onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hunt wants to sneak another one through.

PVTony

Advert

So do we KNOW that EU regulations will be (my words) "lightened" to allow all of this or do you fear that they will be? I see no roof In the link provided..all seems spectacularly biased and "unscientific"..but happy to be corrected

'WE', well I can only speak for myself, I do not know, but I do not fear that regulations will be lightened. Although any country that goes ahead with this TTIP deal will have to make some/many consessions to align with U.S. regulations.

Some leaders of countries may go ahead, but U.S. puppet Cameron will most likely toe the line.

Countries leaders that put people first, (Putin has banned ALL GMO food) will reject the deal.

Interestingly though, the sensible J. Corbyn is not in favour of TTIP.

http://jeremycorbyn.org.uk/articles/question-on-ttip/

Jeremy Corbyn: I commend my hon. Friend the Member for Swansea West (Geraint Davies) for securing this debate. It is long overdue, so well done to him for pressing for it. I also want to thank all the campaigning groups.

“TTIP is being agreed by a European institution which was not democratically elected”.

I conclude by asking why there is secrecy surrounding the negotiations. Is it because there are ante-rooms on either side of the Atlantic stuffed full of highly effective corporate lobbyists doing their best to develop their own interests? Should we not instead be demanding a free trade agreement that narrows the gap between the rich and the poor, that protects the advance of public services such as the national health service, that fundamentally protects food production, and that ensures that the best standards become the universal standards, rather than engaging in a race to the bottom that results in the worst standards becoming the norm on both sides of the Atlantic? I hope that the House will reject TTIP.

'WE', well I can only speak for myself, I do not know, but I do not fear that regulations will be lightened.

I am pretty sure that some will too..but that will swing both ways surely? Lihtr regulation dos not have to men things get worse and in some cases standards will go up and some EU products banned in the US will become "legal" there.Big business does not always mean bad business

Although any country that goes ahead with this TTIP deal will have to make some/many consessions to align with U.S. regulations.

As will the US regarding the EU

Some leaders of countries may go ahead, but U.S. puppet Cameron will most likely toe the line.

Countries leaders that put people first, (Putin has banned ALL GMO food) will reject the deal.

It's never that black and white..how is (for example) opening uS markets to UK business(and their employees) not putting people first? How is preventing UK working people form having access to safe cheaper US products and services putting people first?

Interestingly though, the sensible J. Corbyn is not in favour of TTIP.

There is another J. Corbyn? Cos I only know of the one who isn't sensible..the current leader of the Labour party ;)

Many believe TTIP will achieve all he wants. What's his exact proposal/alternative? His remarks as usual lack any substance..just a wish list

I am pretty sure that some will too..but that will swing both ways surely? Lihtr regulation dos not have to men things get worse and in some cases standards will go up and some EU products banned in the US will become "legal" there.Big business does not always mean bad business

As will the US regarding the EU

It's never that black and white..how is (for example) opening uS markets to UK business(and their employees) not putting people first? How is preventing UK working people form having access to safe cheaper US products and services putting people first?

There is another J. Corbyn? Cos I only know of the one who isn't sensible..the current leader of the Labour party ;)

Many believe TTIP will achieve all he wants. What's his exact proposal/alternative? His remarks as usual lack any substance..just a wish list

Big Business' only consider maximum profit for share holders and not benefits to populations.

Regarding J.Corbyn. I have not voted for Labour for more than 25 years and not voted Tory since M. Thatcher so MY opinion bears no bias. Some tory supporters will never have a good word for a Labour party leader.

Big Business' only consider maximum profit for share holders and not benefits to populations.

Which is great for the small share holders (tens of millions of them), little old ladies who rely on income from such investments, individuals pension funds (millions of them), and so on. Which organisations (you know, the ones that generate wealth and jobs) do consider 'benefits to populations'? Other then benefitting populations by generating wealth, providing jobs and so on?

Regarding J.Corbyn. I have not voted for Labour for more than 25 years and not voted Tory since M. Thatcher so MY opinion bears no bias. Some tory supporters will never have a good word for a Labour party leader.

I've not claimed that you are biased..some people though are just anti-big business despite all the benefits they bring

Re Labour leaders...very true..I'm not one of them having on here praised everyone from Foot to Smith

Which is great for the small share holders (tens of millions of them), little old ladies who rely on income from such investments, individuals pension funds (millions of them), and so on. Which organisations (you know, the ones that generate wealth and jobs) do consider 'benefits to populations'? Other then benefitting populations by generating wealth, providing jobs and so on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know, and I suggest that you don't know either if U.S. Mega corpoations have tens of millions of U.K. small share holders, or indeed if U.K. big businesses have presently tens of millions of small share holders. If you do know this, in your own words, from which source?

Do really think that the small businesses will benefit in some way. I don't. The ones that are struggling will go 'bump' and the small successful ones will most likely be bought out.

The mega, mega, corporations are reported to be holdng secret meetings to maximise their profits in any TTIP deals. Small share holders will not be included in these proposed deals and small share holders will not be considered. In fact I believe that small share holders will not be welcome because the greedy corporations want ALL the profits.

Millions of people across Europe ( more than three and a half million) have already signed the petition and some countries in Europe are considering to scrap the TTIP, especially France ( as posted yesterday). I have read that the SNP are dead set against it.

The shady secret dealings will eventually have to come before te U.K parliment and I hope that their are enough honest M.P's to vote against any proposed deal.

I don't know, and I suggest that you don't know either if U.S. Mega corpoations have tens of millions of U.K. small share holders, or indeed if U.K. big businesses have presently tens of millions of small share holders. If you do know this, in your own words, from which source?

The vast majority of pension funds, ISAs etc will give a breakdown of sectors they invested in and even go down to the level of the individual companies..including US mega corporations..Virgin money ISAs for example

Do really think that the small businesses will benefit in some way. I don't. The ones that are struggling will go 'bump' and the small successful ones will most likely be bought out.

I do..for example the many small businesses that support the larger businesses will have increased demand for their services if the larger businesses grow and employ more people as a result..everyone form cleaning companies to sandwich shops to retailers and 1000s more..then the new employees of the large organiations wll buy cars, furntiture. electric goods, more food etc

The mega, mega, corporations are reported to be holdng secret meetings to maximise their profits in any TTIP deals. Small share holders will not be included in these proposed deals and small share holders will not be considered. In fact I believe that small share holders will not be welcome because the greedy corporations want ALL the profits.

And who profits get paid to? Shareholders!!Pension fund companies are amongst the biggest share holders in mega corporations and profits get returned to the pension fund via dividends (for example) and so the 'little man' gets some of the profit. How do you think a pension fund generates money if not thru such activity?

Millions of people across Europe ( more than three and a half million) have already signed the petition and some countries in Europe are considering to scrap the TTIP, especially France ( as posted yesterday). I have read that the SNP are dead set against it.

Of course there are millions against it..some people will inevitably lose out, some inevitably fear change, some of their fears may be valid

The shady secret dealings will eventually have to come before te U.K parliment and I hope that their are enough honest M.P's to vote against any proposed deal.

I hope they scrutinise the deal fully and make a correct judgement as to whether it's in our best interest or not.either way

I don't think that the replies/answers that you have given throughout these many messages will convince OVF members that TTIP would be good for the general public and certainly not convincing for the three and half million who have already signed the petition against it.

There are plenty more websites that write negatively about TTIP and we could could continue, you and I with many more replies/messages.

I know that you like to have the last say in such debates so this will be my last message on the subject and await your finalreply.

Thanks for 'entertainment' Johnny.

(I think that you would make a very good politician) :yes:

I don't think that the replies/answers that you have given throughout these many messages will convince OVF members that TTIP would be good for the general public and certainly not convincing for the three and half million who have already signed the petition against it.

I am not trying to convince OVF members that TTIP would be good for the general public and I'm sure that most of the 3 and a half million will not see my posts. I simply point out that there is more to this than what you post and hope people will, if they wish to, get to know more about it and make their mind up

There are plenty more websites that write negatively about TTIP and we could could continue, you and I with many more replies/messages.

There are plenty more websites that write positively about TTIP and indeed we could

I know that you like to have the last say in such debates so this will be my last message on the subject and await your finalreply.

Thanks for 'entertainment' Johnny.

(I think that you would make a very good politician) :yes:

I can never decide to have the last say, that's up to others who let me have the last say (or not)

I appreciate the compliment ;)

TTIP is not scrutinised and opposed because of it's Business values. It is scrutinised because of it's threat to democracy. If corporations get to make our laws then we are in trouble. Big Trouble.

It would mean a normal person's consumer rights would potentially be eradicated...along with many workers rights and small business would never get to expand because the laws that big corporations make would not allow it.

Some Labour leaning people will never concede the good things that Thatcher did for this country!

TTIP is not scrutinised and opposed because of it's Business values. It is scrutinised because of it's threat to democracy. If corporations get to make our laws then we are in trouble. Big Trouble.

Parliaments and the like make laws and courts enforce them...corporations don't make laws and don't enforce them..they would still have to win their cases in court

It would mean a normal person's consumer rights would potentially be eradicated

How? Which consumer rights?

...along with many workers rights

How? Which?

and small business would never get to expand because the laws that big corporations make would not allow it.

How? Which types of small business?

Basically can you put some flesh on the bones of those claims?

Some Labour leaning people will never concede the good things that Thatcher did for this country!

I am not Labour leaning. If you had seen previous messages you would know that I have not voted labour for 25 years. Also, Blair was the last straw for me. He gave Labour the kiss of death.

The thing that I remember most about Thatcher is that she said that there are no plans to shut down the coal mines. Still thriving aren't they and keeping thousands of worker employed?

Margaret Thatcher changed how people think and gave freedom to choose how to get on in life.70% of houses in this country are now owner/occupied.She was instrumental in the collapse of communism in Europe.She smashed the unions who served no one but themselves and their egos.She took us to war ,which we won.She is a hero in the Falklands.She reduced the National debt.

Labour's legacy is BENEFITS Britain.

Archived