Sign in to follow this  
Fosse69

Sat 21st Nov 2015, Port Vale v Chesterfield, pre-match comments and the match itself

Some ex Vale boys in Spireites team that now includes ex Vale player Chris Herd we loaned from Villa,whats the betting he will score.

Some ex Vale boys in Spireites team that now includes ex Vale player Chris Herd we loaned from Villa,whats the betting he will score.

As long as Earnie Moss and Bob Newton ar'nt playing we should be ok.:D

Tempting fate '' Shut yer face '' :shutup:

dont call me "Choochie Face"

3-1 too the vale , aj, Dodds and Foley to score, not seem the team sheet yet though

Vale need to be at them from the start. It will be an entertaining game although if Vale sit back it could be their undoing. Vale need to take the game to them and consistently keep going. I fear though, that Vale will still be tired from Thursday. Chesterfield played this nicely I just hope it backfires for them

Cannot believe Page has stuck with essentially the same team that played two days ago.

What does Streete have to do to get a game, and are Daniel and Ikpeazu not up to it?

Away win written all over it. Hope my pessimism is proved wrong.

Yes I agree honestly thought Streete may have come in for one of the lads at the back at least. Kelly seems to have been out of the thinking then comes back in as a bit of a left field selection as normally Page favours Daniel or Birchall. We shall see how it goes!

I think it's better to keep a settled back 4 and even more so with the central pairing. McGivern waited for his chance and has played well since coming in to the side. Ditto Yates. I do think that if players wait for their opportunity and then perform and earn the shirt when they get it, they should generally keep their place. Obviously Purkiss is a better player than Yates but I still think it's fair enough that he stays in the team. I remember having this argument when George O'Callaghan started over Bridge-Wilkinson!

Not got a good feeling about this one..Kelly hasn't been impressive when I've seen him even in the reserves. For me Daniel, Lloyd and Birchall would be before him. And even moving Dodds out wide bringing another forward on. Also can't see how Strete can't get in particularly with Dickos performances of late.hope the reason that purkiss is on the bench is purely for no risk of making back worse rather than page seeing Yates as the better of the two. I'd take a point for this one now but that's just me having a moan. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Playing Kelly is almost like playing with 10 men. If he hasn't done anything for the reserves then why on earth would you suddenly thrust him back into the side? Page is slowly losing the plot with some crazy decisions.

Playing Kelly is almost like playing with 10 men. If he hasn't done anything for the reserves then why on earth would you suddenly thrust him back into the side? Page is slowly losing the plot with some crazy decisions.

Ha ha!!!!

So you were saying....?

I love these comments 'cause there's a habit that RP gets it right!!!!!

Don't you just love it when that happens :-)

1-0 Kelly. Get in.